Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.34.1] Witchcraft Mod (0.6 version) - magic, potions and crafting, Phoebus  (Read 38187 times)

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.1] Witcher Mod (0.1 version)
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 03:45:28 pm »

First feature bug report: when you transform into an eagle you can't switch back. Rest works fine (bad you can't see with all that smoke ;D
Wait for a set amount. It transforms you back. Use Z to wait if you don't want to wait the real time.
Yeah, till then I was dead. Still it took much longer than cooldown. Was just wondering that all spells were gone when I was the eagle.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.1] Witcher Mod (0.1 version)
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 03:48:24 pm »

Deon is like Fault and his art: Sometimes surprisingly quick, almost always awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.1] Witcher Mod (0.2 version) - potions and crafting
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 04:21:23 pm »

The 0.2 is up. I've added the madness spell, the polymorph is now called "eagleform" and it's now a potion effect. Also there's now a speed potion.

I'm still playing around enjoying the new elements of the game. I also need some time to tweak and build a new crafting system for scratch. So expect a lot of small updates with tweaking and changes frequently.

I also consider potions with effects mostly for flavor, like immortality potions (you don't have to worry about aging in adventure mode :)) which require rare reagents like dragon skulls, and also I will add vampirism and werewolf cure (both for adventure and fortress modes).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:24:21 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 04:23:24 pm »

Awesome, I think I'll play around with my current world until you've gotten more stuff fleshed out though, and turning into an eagle makes it hard to trade for food, I had to use an arrow embedded in my lung to trade.
*Hugs*

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 04:26:11 pm »

The duration is much shorter now :). And of course I will add a flying potion which will be harder to make but which will work better for the same effect. Right now the eagle potion is mostly for situations where you cannot escape and are about to die.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 04:28:40 pm »

Heh, waiting until nightfall and pigging out works for now.

Also, the smokescreen created by the fire spells seems to let you fast travel away from bandits, unless I actually killed them all and didn't notice.
*Hugs*

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 04:29:24 pm »

Yeah if they don't see you, you can travel away. Also sneak.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 04:33:10 pm »

Creating a smokescreen is much cooler than sneaking though.

Also, raise dead seems to turn allies hostile, I raised some corpses for me and my lasher companion to train on, and as soon as he killed the raised corpse he turned on me.
*Hugs*

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 04:34:28 pm »

The 0.2 is up. I've added the madness spell, the polymorph is now called "eagleform" and it's now a potion effect. Also there's now a speed potion.
Hey could i make a beer that does that in Fortress Mode ;D ? I guess I'll download this and see.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 04:35:54 pm »

I don't think it's such a good idea to have witchers be a caste. I just saw one lighting a fire in a random house and then animating some random peasant.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 04:36:48 pm »

I don't think it's such a good idea to have witchers be a caste. I just saw one lighting a fire in a random house and then animating some random peasant.
Maybe POP_RATIO:0 is needed, you should still be able to pick them in adventurer mode? I play Fortress (Adventure was way too slow on my machine) so can't say for sure.

BTW Deon, any chance affecting Vermin with the Syndromes?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:41:09 pm by Reelya »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 04:37:56 pm »

Hey could i make a beer that does that in Fortress Mode ;D ? I guess I'll download this and see.
Not yet, but once I add actual plants which grow, you should be able to.

I could make them not to appear at all. The idea of a caste is that you start with some items and in a town. And you see other witches rarely. I thought 1/100 is rare enough. Apparently not :).

Maybe POP_RATIO:0 is needed, you should still be able to pick them in adventurer mode??
Exactly.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 04:54:29 pm »

Deon, so is it possible to have...

A foodstuff
Causing a syndrome
Allowing access to interactions.

And if so, how would I do it? I'm having difficulties... :)
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 04:55:43 pm »

Thanks Deon for doing the homework, i just modded Dwarven Wine to turn my Dwarves into "PLUMP_HELMET_MAN:FEMALE" for 3000 time units, any idea how long that is?

Magical Plump Helmets :-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:57:14 pm by Reelya »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 04:57:08 pm »

Check my speed elixir, you will see how the syndrome is added.

Thanks Deon for doing the homework, i just modded Dwarven Wine to turn my Dwarves into "PLUMP_HELMET_MAN:FEMALE" for 3000 time units, any idea how long that is?
Check the growdur and compare it. I think a normal plant grow duration is around 300. So it's like to grow a plump helmet 10 times.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12