Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.34.1] Witchcraft Mod (0.6 version) - magic, potions and crafting, Phoebus  (Read 38052 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Witchers/witches are a rare caste of humans which are able to caste spells. Also this mod allows any race to brew magical potions and craft items.
Instructions: place the text files in your /raw/objects/ folder and generate a new world. Select a witcher/witch caste of any human nation.

0.6 Version: a full version of the game with ibex, weasel and wild boar graphics (I will work on new creature graphics more later) and a new secret type called "eldritch secrets" which works like necromancy and creates wizards. Witchers are a separate entity again (play as an outsider, murder animals, sew a backpack and kill bandits for loot).

0.4 Version:

NB:
- For crafting/brewing all reagents should be in your hands or on the ground under you, otherwise the game won't register them.
- Keybindings: 'x' to brew potions, craft and cast.

Spells
- Fireball: a single ball of fire which can burn or set on fire anything you hit with it. Cooldown: 150.
- Fireblast: a cone of fire which may set on fire multiple targets. Cooldown: 300.
- Madness: makes a creature crazed, so it becomes an enemy of everyone. Cooldown: 300.
- Morpheus' gift: makes creatures numb and sleepy, up to 5 targets. Cooldown: 60.
- Paralysis: a single creature is slowed down and paralysed greatly. Cooldown: 300.
- Raise dead: you animate up to 4 corpses. The corpses are hostile to everything living. Cooldown: 300.
- Slow: you slow up to 3 targets greatly. Cooldown: 150.
- Winged transformation: transforms you into a winged human for a short period of time. Make sure not to fall from the sky. Cooldown: 300.

Potions
Each potion requires an empty flask/waterskin in an addition to reagents.
- Agility elixir: longland grass. Doubles your agility for a duration of 300.
- Battle elixir: valley herb. Makes you feel no pain for a duration of 300.
- Blessing elixir: longland grass and valley herb. increases your skill rolls for a duration of 2000.
- Eagleform potion: wild strawberry and rat weed. Transforms you into an eagle for a duration of 30.
- Hero elixir: valley herb, hide root and wild strawberry. Makes you resistant to damage, feel no pain, immune to stun, nausea, tiredness and paralysis for a duration of 300.
- Speed elixir: fisher berry and prickle berry. Makes you 1,5 times faster for a duration of 50.
- Strength elixir: wild strawberry. Doubles your strength for a duration of 300.
- Toughness elixir: hide root. Doubles your toughness for a duration of 300.
- Water breathing elixir: fisher berry. Makes you to survive without breathing for a duration of 500.

Crafting
- Tanning.
- Weave plants into thread.
- Sew backpacks, quivers, waterskins and pouches from leather and/or thread.
- Sew clothing from leather and/or thread.
- Craft bone flasks and crutches.
- Craft bone arrows/bolts.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:30:06 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.1] Witcher Mod (0.1 version)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 09:22:51 am »

Spells:
- Fireball: a single ball of fire which can burn or set on fire anything you hit with it. Cooldown: 150
- Fireblast: a cone of fire which may set on fire multiple targets. Cooldown: 300

That's pretty much half the work I need to do to make an Annie.
I don't know if it's possible to summon bears yet...
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 09:24:40 am »

That's pretty much what fire imps have. I only had problems with polymorph so far, the new system is very easy and flexible.

I need to explore beneficial syndromes more. I plan to move most of the magic to alchemy system, so it won't be free. You would brew a potion and it would give you powers.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 09:51:30 am »

Deon, you are awesom.

Pawel1997PL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 09:52:09 am »

WTF? A mod? already? Deon you are awesome!

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 09:58:48 am »

Whoa, that was fast.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 10:07:11 am »

Nice. :) I'm working on my own here.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 10:07:17 am »

Experimenting with this, I got half of the reaction sets ported over to boiling syndrome-inducing stone, allowing all adventurer races to use them, assuming they contracted the syndrome.

Still can't get the material emissions to transfer to the stone though. Maybe it doesn't work that way...
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 12:24:57 pm »

First feature bug report: when you transform into an eagle you can't switch back. Rest works fine (bad you can't see with all that smoke ;D

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 12:42:06 pm »

Deon, you snazzy guy. You're like a goldmine! :D

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 12:53:50 pm »

First feature bug report: when you transform into an eagle you can't switch back. Rest works fine (bad you can't see with all that smoke ;D
Did you wait for the spell to wear off on its own? My guess is that the only way you would manage to have a creature that could switch between the two forms at will would be to have interactions on both of its forms.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 01:50:41 pm »

lol Deon you are a freakin beast

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 01:52:17 pm »

Wow, they can take out rocs with ease.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 02:28:21 pm »

Wait for a set amount. It transforms you back. Use Z to wait if you don't want to wait the real time.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 02:52:43 pm »

Jeez, you work quick Deon :P
*Hugs*
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12