Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Evil Rain  (Read 42152 times)

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Rain
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2012, 02:20:59 pm »

I got 'repulsive ooze' which causes nausea and subsequent vomiting. This didn't seem so bad till my war dogs that were guarding the effort to bring all the supplies inside got killed by an undead eagle that kept resurrecting because they were busy vomiting and kept missing. I drafted a few guys as military and one of them died. This kept happening until my fort ended  :P.

We should collate all the information about different rain types and put it on the wiki.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:26:53 pm by Cheese »

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2012, 02:21:49 pm »

How do the dwarves know the ooze is bitter? obviously they went "I wonder what this tates like?"
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2012, 02:38:20 pm »

I got 'repulsive ooze' which causes nausea and subsequent vomiting. This didn't seem so bad till my war dogs that were guarding the effort to bring all the supplies inside got killed by an undead eagle that kept resurrecting because they were busy vomiting and kept missing. I drafted a few guys as military and one of them died. This kept happening until my fort ended  :P.

We should collate all the information about different rain types and put it on the wiki.
The rains procedurally generated, it's completely random.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2012, 02:40:30 pm »

How do the dwarves know the ooze is bitter? obviously they went "I wonder what this tates like?"
Smell and Taste are interchangeable

Elf Lover

• Bay Watcher
  • AAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2012, 02:51:01 pm »

Life and death, however, are not.
Every Dwarf Fortress Fort is a concentration camp, only without the nazis.

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2012, 03:00:13 pm »

Is it possible for areas to have the weird rain but no mists? Because I've had bitter slime rain than makes dwarves nauseous and throw up everywhere, but no mists.

It's disgusting, most of my fort is covered in vomit.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2012, 03:05:37 pm »

Is it possible for areas to have the weird rain but no mists? Because I've had bitter slime rain than makes dwarves nauseous and throw up everywhere, but no mists.

It's disgusting, most of my fort is covered in vomit.
I've never seen mist in an a biome that had weird rain.

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2012, 03:18:05 pm »

Well I guess I won't have to worry about my dwarfs being turned into some kind of weird zombie horrors then, although I could do without the vomiting...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2012, 03:54:00 pm »

Not all the time.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2012, 04:41:36 pm »

Not all the time.

I'd disagree with the taste thing. I've never heard of anything smelling bitter, bitterness relates to astringent properties related to puckering effect it has. It can smell acrid, or taste acrid. Never have i come across bitter. It should be noted that you can taste certain things that you can't smell, because putting something astringent into your sinusses would just be plain pain.

But i digress, stop killing the fun of me assuming dorfs are stupid enough to drink the rain to determine it's qualities >.>
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2012, 04:50:17 pm »

It wouldn't be surprising if someone did that in year one on a bet.

Hey urist, betcha 15 cat roasts that that isn't vomit.

Oh really? Well then I'll see.

How?

I'LL FUCKIN' DRINK IT

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2012, 04:57:33 pm »

How?

I'LL FUCKIN' DRINK IT
My embark rains pungent filth (this is feces, smelly feces to be precise) that causes bleeding, nausea, and agonizing pain. My fort ran out of booze and the dwarves started to drink the filth, then they went to wash their clothes in the PERFECTLY FINE BROOK RIGHT BY THE FORTRESS!

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2012, 05:03:14 pm »

How?

I'LL FUCKIN' DRINK IT
My embark rains pungent filth (this is feces, smelly feces to be precise) that causes bleeding, nausea, and agonizing pain. My fort ran out of booze and the dwarves started to drink the filth, then they went to wash their clothes in the PERFECTLY FINE BROOK RIGHT BY THE FORTRESS!

Armok had a curry night. His burning trots are now melting your dorfs.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2012, 05:06:41 pm »

This evil rain thing is crazy, it's winter in my fort and it's snowing human blood. My entire map is red, it's the most horrifying thing i've ever seen.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2012, 05:09:52 pm »

This evil rain thing is crazy, it's winter in my fort and it's snowing human blood. My entire map is red, it's the most horrifying thing i've ever seen.
My map is completely red and yellow, it looks like someone spilled ketchup and mustard all over the whole mess except the ketchup is goblin blood and the mustard is sky-poop.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7