Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Playable Naga Race (with graphics)  (Read 24490 times)

ccoolleeiiss

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome, goblins, to the seige kill...waiting room
    • View Profile
Re: Playable Naga Race (with graphics)
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2012, 09:09:04 pm »

is this the same mod that was being beta tested a while ago?

Well, I was testing my nagas earlier, but I doubt I was the only person to ever test a mod, so could you be more specific about what you mean?

i just remember someone asking people to test a naga race for them. not too important just curious.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2012, 10:06:48 pm »

i just remember someone asking people to test a naga race for them. not too important just curious.

Then yes, that would probably be me, and that would probably be this mod.  I removed pikes from the mod as per the recommendations of that thread, so that there wouldn't be problems with them one-handing two-handed weapons.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2012, 03:54:32 am »

Well I don't think I've said this yet but great mod NW_Kohaku, you're a cog. Can't wait for the lamias.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2012, 05:32:00 am »

well i actually have more fixed picutre of lamias because i dont know much and they seem pretty much the same, while i know at least 5 totally different nagas ^^
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Paramatter

• Bay Watcher
  • [POSITION:HERMIT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2012, 06:43:43 pm »

Personally I actually more readily associate the term naga with snakes than I do the term lamia.  And despite the fact that I've played Frozen Throne the first thing that comes to my mind visually is "mostly normal human upper half, snake lower half" or possibly "snake with an abundance of heads," as they are in real-world religion.

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2012, 06:55:26 pm »

Personally, I'll just rename them back to Nagas, and change their ASCII tile to an N.
That's just me, though.
Also! Since Nagas are all artsy-fartsy in this, it'd be neat if you added lore-only things, like
'a naga painting' or 'a naga molding clay into a statue', shapes, and so fourth.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2012, 09:50:59 pm »

Also! Since Nagas are all artsy-fartsy in this, it'd be neat if you added lore-only things, like
'a naga painting' or 'a naga molding clay into a statue', shapes, and so fourth.

Well, I can't do that just for them, I don't think.  You'd walk into a human town and see a statue of a naga painting. 

I could, however, try doing one of those special workshops like a tapestry-on-a-wall or painting-on-a-wall, or something.  Basically, an artist studio workshop, which produces paintings that get built with stone blocks in making a "workshop" that you build in the place of a wall.  You'd also have to "t" look at the workshop in order to see what was in the painting, as well.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2012, 03:35:26 am »

Can you be at war with them? What I really mean is, can you interact with them diplomatically? Caravans, wars from killing caravans, diplomats, the works?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2012, 06:28:00 am »

Well, I can't do that just for them, I don't think.  You'd walk into a human town and see a statue of a naga painting. 

I could, however, try doing one of those special workshops like a tapestry-on-a-wall or painting-on-a-wall, or something.  Basically, an artist studio workshop, which produces paintings that get built with stone blocks in making a "workshop" that you build in the place of a wall.  You'd also have to "t" look at the workshop in order to see what was in the painting, as well.

in the descripter raws you could use the gem/stone cut things and add them only to the naga to have naga shaped gems/stone cuts they use in artifacts etc, as the descripters are in the raws per civ defined. for painting i have no idea though ^^ and naga statues would spring up anywhere anyway, as its quite random and they reference various worldgen stuff. like my drow made several statues of goblin raised naga devouring elves and humans (i made them the ethnic of that of course as most naga/lamia are assoicated with luring unwary humanoids to them to go all vore on them :x)
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2017, 09:55:25 am »

Personally I actually more readily associate the term naga with snakes than I do the term lamia.
In Western mythology, Lamia is worshipped. In Eastern mythology, the Naga is worshipped. (I worship both.) :D http://phenoca.deviantart.com/favourites/41745385/Nagas
Thanks for the mod!
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2017, 09:30:14 pm »

Why the bump?

I don't mean to be a backseat moderator, but let sleeping threads lie.

C'mon.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]