Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FORTAL KOMBAT! [Update 0.3: A Shadow Rises]  (Read 3224 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FORTAL KOMBAT! [Update 0.2: Order and Chaos]
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 05:06:34 am »

IndigoFenix, are you okay with your Fortal Kombat mod being bundled with Lazy Newb Packs?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • Grammar Nazi, and proud of it!
    • View Profile
Re: FORTAL KOMBAT! The Outworld Invasion [initial release]
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 09:27:17 am »

I thought something on a timer would be "permanent" so long as it doesn't have an end-time.  If that doesn't work (haven't tried it) you can also give them a pointless symptom that lasts forever, like making them take 3/4 damage from slade (this I have confirmed).  That will keep the syndrome active, which is helpful for interaction immunity or DFHackery based on the presence of the syndrome.
how about this? does this work?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
community fort avatars
Sneaktunnels: An evil grammar nazi
Necrothreat IV: an evil-sword-wielding grammar nazi

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • On hiatus
    • View Profile
Re: FORTAL KOMBAT! The Outworld Invasion [initial release]
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2016, 01:43:19 pm »

I thought something on a timer would be "permanent" so long as it doesn't have an end-time.  If that doesn't work (haven't tried it) you can also give them a pointless symptom that lasts forever, like making them take 3/4 damage from slade (this I have confirmed).  That will keep the syndrome active, which is helpful for interaction immunity or DFHackery based on the presence of the syndrome.
how about this? does this work?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm not sure if a permanent "no effect" counts :)  The easiest way to check is to see if it shows up in Dwarf Therapist on someone infected.  So long as there is at least one symptom on the creature, the syndrome will be there.
On hiatus. Feel free to adopt or update:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
Re: FORTAL KOMBAT! [Update 0.3: A Shadow Rises]
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2016, 03:22:42 pm »

Updated!

This version fixes a few bugs and makes a few adjustments.

Kytinn now show up properly in the wild.  Kytinn Queens can turn sentient corpses into drones.  Drones will not attack neutral creatures, but they will help you construct buildings.
Edenians have been changed somewhat.  Wind Mages can now make enemies dizzy and nauseous with tornadoes instead of their previous dust attack, Fire Mages are less common, and a new variety has been added, the Shadow Mage, which can enter combat trances and also use Shadow Rush to boost their combat skill and reduce damage taken for a short time.
Shokan have two castes now: Draco are semi-immune to dragonfire, and Tigrar have better sense of smell and are prone to rage.  Their snatch attack has been removed.
Butchering Tarkatans now lets you take their natural claws and use them as edged weapons.
Tarkatan claw attacks and Outworlder finishing moves now use weapon skills, which prevents them from being used in non-lethal fights and advances combat to lethal if they are used.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2016, 07:23:49 am »

I noticed that some words that don't have Kombat translations.

Also, each of these words have two Kombat translations:
  • lyric
  • noble
  • mine

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2017, 04:05:17 am »

Is this still being maintained? If so, the next update migth take this to a whole new level!
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2017, 08:50:44 am »

Next update is mostly about controlling armies, right?  That will be fun with these warmongering races running about.

Altogether this is a fairly basic mod, so I wouldn't expect anything to break.  But I'll touch it up if anything needs to be fixed.
Pages: 1 [2]