Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 320208 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.43 1.1.5): A super duper bluper saiyan (0.43)
« Reply #1050 on: December 21, 2017, 08:29:49 pm »

- My power level is around 150 000 (says the instant transmission menu) as a Saiyan, i'm quite confused that i don't have the Super Saiyan transformation yet :/ What could trigger it ?

A power level of 3,000,000. Power level increases exponentially up to that point, mind.

- I have two powers : Kienzan and Saiza Blade, how could i obtain more (if there are) ? I'm struggling to find dungeons or labyrinth etc...

Those aren't powers, they're reactions, and they're basically all you get unless you find a Kamehameha secret, which I can't for the life of me ever find.

Also, seems like several features are not on the feature list (lik the ki powers) and the wiki is lacking a lot informations (precise description on how to do several things)...
I thought Kienzan could be thrown, i was wrong :(

You can throw Kienzan with T, like any other throwable object.

Ki blasts were removed because I couldn't get it such that a random Raditz couldn't oneshot Beerus with them.

xenogray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.43 1.1.5): A super duper bluper saiyan (0.43)
« Reply #1051 on: December 24, 2017, 04:58:23 am »

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answers :)

Just tried out the throwing kienzan, it worked, i don't know why i failed to throw it every previous times... bah..

For the Super Saiyan, seems like the Wiki is not toally up to date about it, sadly :s
But it's ok, now i got the hang of it. Also i didn't look properly my Power Level, it's 2 126 251.. Gotta power up until 3m then :D

EDIT : AH ! Last question : what about flying ? The only place where i found flying is to get on the ground and i can get over any small river or anything... I seem to be missing something ? It's a secret too ?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 05:01:00 am by xenogray »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: December 24, 2017, 05:12:34 am »

Flying was removed for pathing purposes. Saiyans kept getting stuck in trees. That was fixed IIRC, so i might test it to bring it back

xenogray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: December 24, 2017, 07:13:18 am »

Great :D
Okay so the throwing Kienzan definetely changed my way to fight, now it's easier !

Also I'm almost at 3 100 000 power level. I got in a rage mode earlier but i guess that's not "it" ? Since i can't seem to do it again. I found the scream "power" (i think it was already here before, but can't say for sure), i don't know if it's from you or War & Mythos but, maybe there is a link ?

Sorry if i ask many questions :) I just want to grasp the way to play it fully and enjoy the mod

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: December 24, 2017, 07:33:27 am »

Scream is from this. You'll want to use it regularly, it triggers the ability to go super saiyan for the first time.

xenogray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: December 25, 2017, 04:11:01 pm »

Okay, thank you for all the tips, but i may still have an issue. I screamed like... 100 times without success. Bad luck i supposed. And, out of curiosity, i took a look at your mod files to understand how it works and how many chances i had to transform.
I found out there was a cmd on DFHack that listed all defined syndromes in the game. "show-unit-syndromes" and if i believe what it says, my unit has no syndromes, at all. Not even "can super saiyan". And when i list all syndromes in the world, i only 5 - 6 syndromes (some vampire and illnesses) with nothing to do with your mod. Either i'm doing something wrong or there is an issue with my game.

EDIT : I was wondering what the scouter would way about my power level. I was very surprised to see a totally different number than in the Instant Trasmission number (around 19k instead 3m). I checked a bit and... it seems it's still the legacy number in the instant transmission menu :) I guess i should trust the one in scouter level ! And that would explain my difficulties to go SSJ. It seems i still have a VERY long way to go...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 05:20:45 pm by xenogray »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: December 25, 2017, 05:24:46 pm »

oof, yeah, i keep forgetting to update that which is weird since i use instant transmission like all the time, i'll do it right now, it'll come with the transformation overhaul i'm working on anyway

here's the fix, it's not contingent on any other changes i've done, just replace dragonball/instant_transmission in your raw/scripts/dragonball and save/raw/scripts/dragonball folders with this:

Code: [Select]
-- Allows instant transmission.

if df.global.gamemode~=1 then
qerror("Adventure mode only (for now). Sorry!")
end

function getTileType(x,y,z)
    local block = dfhack.maps.getTileBlock(x,y,z)
    if block then
        return block.tiletype[x%16][y%16]
    else
        return 0
    end
end

function getPowerLevel(unit)
    return dfhack.script_environment('dragonball/ki').get_ki_investment(unit.id)
end

local function positionIsValid(x,y,z)
local occupancy = dfhack.maps.getTileBlock(x,y,z).occupancy[x%16][y%16]
local tiletype = getTileType(x,y,z)
local attrs = df.tiletype.attrs[tiletype]
if occupancy.building~=0 or occupancy.unit or not dfhack.maps.isValidTilePos(x,y,z) or attrs.shape == df.tiletype_shape.WALL  then return false else return true end
end

local dialog = require('gui.dialogs')

local function teleport(player,unitID)
local unit = df.global.world.units.all[unitID]
local playeroccupancy = dfhack.maps.getTileBlock(player.pos).occupancy[player.pos.x%16][player.pos.y%16]
local teleportToPosX = unit.pos.x
local teleportToPosY = unit.pos.y
local timesTried = 0
teleportToPosY = unit.pos.y - 1
repeat
if timesTried > 4 then qerror("Failed to teleport.") end
local hasNotTried = true
if teleportToPosY < unit.pos.y and hasNotTried then
teleportToPosY = unit.pos.y
teleportToPosX = unit.pos.x-1
hasNotTried = false
end
if teleportToPosX < unit.pos.x and hasNotTried then
teleportToPosX = unit.pos.x
teleportToPosY = unit.pos.y+1
hasNotTried = false
end
if teleportToPosY > unit.pos.y and hasNotTried then
teleportToPosY = unit.pos.y
teleportToPosX = unit.pos.x+1
hasNotTried = false
end
if teleportToPosX > unit.pos.x and hasNotTried then
teleportToPosX = unit.pos.x
teleportToPosY = unit.pos.y-1
hasNotTried = false
end
timesTried = timesTried + 1
until positionIsValid(teleportToPosX,teleportToPosY,unit.pos.z)
dfhack.gui.showAnnouncement("You put two fingers up to your head and concentrate...",11)
player.pos.x = teleportToPosX
player.pos.y = teleportToPosY
player.pos.z = unit.pos.z
if not player.flags1.on_ground then playeroccupancy.unit = false else playeroccupancy.unit_grounded = false end
end

function selectUnit() --taken straight from here, but edited so I can understand it better: https://gist.github.com/warmist/4061959/... again. Also edited for syndromeTrigger, but in a completely different way.
    local creatures=df.global.world.units.all
    local tbl={}
    local tunit=df.global.world.units.active[0]
    for k,creature in ipairs(creatures) do
local plevel=pcall(function() math.ceil(getPowerLevel(creature)) end) and math.ceil(getPowerLevel(creature)) or "immeasurable"
local racename=df.creature_raw.find(creature.race).caste[creature.caste].caste_name[0]
table.insert(tbl,{racename.." "..plevel.." ".. (creature==tunit and "(You!)" or ""),nil,k})
    end
    local f=function(name,C)
        teleport(tunit,C[3])
    end
dialog.showListPrompt("Left is species, right is power level.","Choose creature to teleport to:",COLOR_WHITE,tbl,f)
end

selectUnit()
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 05:28:00 pm by Putnam »

xenogray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: December 25, 2017, 07:13:21 pm »

Yay :) My power level is fixed, thank you very much ! I just realized everything i, the wilderness around me has 0 power level. How puny they are :p

I did some macro to "farm" the power level : like doing pushups, walking a bit and repeat. I get 100+ PL under 10mn. I don't really know if it's efficient or if there's any better way to up it since i only fought until now (and quite a lot). That'll be my char training sessions :p once or twice a day x) (Until 3 000 000, which seems far away)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 25, 2017, 08:31:31 pm »

I personally find some wildlife, grab on, then do pushups and situps and meditate while the wildlife tries to hit me. That's probably the fastest training regiment.

xenogray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: December 26, 2017, 07:03:25 am »

I never thought i would say this but THANK THE BOGEYMEN !

With your tip, i go up 6k PW in less than 5mn. Thank you very much :D

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: December 26, 2017, 11:28:26 pm »

Actually, real time, it might be faster not to do the pushups/situps/meditation reactions just so the macro doesn't have to go through menus. IIRC I was able to train up to super saiyan in 2 in-game days without them, so it's not that important to have.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 01, 2018, 03:11:36 pm »

So I found a slab that read 'King Kai's greatest technique', but it taught me the Crane School secret. I'm guessing this is why.
Also, is there a reason why natural ki users can't learn the Turtle and Crane School secrets?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 01, 2018, 09:25:07 pm »

Wow, that's... completely bizarre.

Natural ki users can't learn them because the original intention was exclusively for them to be a way for non-natural ki users to use ki. I sort of forgot about them with the ki overhaul back in 0.40.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 03, 2018, 01:45:14 am »

So I'm trying your dragon balls as artifacts system, but I'm having trouble actually finding one. Legends viewer tells me what sites they're in, but they're all forest retreats and the one I've checked only has house trees with no sign of any items. Any tips for finding it? I could really do with a dragon radar right about now :P.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 03, 2018, 06:04:20 am »

Yeah, I haven't actually released it properly yet because they, uh, actually probably don't spawn in a building in adventure mode and will therefore be impossible to find without sufficient abstraction (e.g. the abstraction provided by fortress mode's army mechanics). Once I solve that problem it'll probably be ready.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 88