Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 320230 times)

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can we get some ki blasting other then training in the create menu and throwing the ki Item? Also could you have varied power output so you can train on things even when your strong?

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, and what does scream do?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Used to be the thing that triggers the game checking if you can go super saiyan. Still does that, but the game also bruteforces it.

Tokanova

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

How do you use this mod? I'm new to using DF Mods and have no idea where to start with this. I have the newest version of the Python version of Lazy Newb Pack but don't have a tab for mods, should I just merge it to the raw dwarf fortress folder?
What version of dwarf fortress should I even use?

Can someone make a quick start guide or something for this mod?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

0.44.10 should be fine, now.

Quick start guide... not today, it's 3 AM, but I should probably write a guide on proper adv mode training and such.

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

0.44.10 should be fine, now.

Quick start guide... not today, it's 3 AM, but I should probably write a guide on proper adv mode training and such.
That would be cool, I hope you teach me something I never thought of.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Uh, my basic advice is just wrestle small animals. Don't kill them, just hold on and let them whale on you. For best results, have one for each possible point of grapple. This is the fastest way of training I have seen yet.

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you have any plans to make it possible to make things out of ki? Like a blade (like the salza) or shield ect. And something along those lines will it be possible to utilize ki more directly then just automatically infusing attacks with it?

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Transformation
« Reply #1103 on: August 08, 2018, 02:13:19 am »

I feel like going supersaiyan isn't making me any stronger. Does the attributes hit a wall or something so that even getting more battle power you still wont get any stronger? When I go super my battle power doesnt seem to go any higher, and I dont seem to do more damage. Animals can still survive my attacks when I should be (in my opinion XD) exploding their upper body into gore. I am playing on version 44_12.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Could be weird jank causing that. I'm actually updating the mod right now, trying to work out a proper UI for transformations, since I'm mostly done with the overhaul.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.44 1.2.0): Ultra Instinct
« Reply #1105 on: August 08, 2018, 09:48:05 am »

I'm done now. I have a UI in dwarf mode and adventure mode, with smart transformation AI that lets NPCs use their least costly transformation while keeping their more powerful ones in reserve for tougher opponents. The adventurer can choose whatever transformation they like in adventure mode, at any time, and the game will automatically untransform or stack transformations to accommodate this. Also included is a small event where Whis comes to train two of your saiyans, at which point they will be able to go Super Saiyan God and, with enough training, master Super Saiyan Blue and Ultra Instinct.

Get the release here.

I haven't tested beyond Super Saiyan 1, mind. Some errors may show up in the DFHack log; this is due to the new way I have unit checks set up. Units are checked 5 times as often now, but on a delay, which unfortunately causes some units to despawn before they're checked, leading to errors. I tried to mitigate these, but it didn't quite stick, and I don't want to slap it in a pcall just in case there's actual errors.

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.44 1.2.0): Ultra Instinct
« Reply #1106 on: August 09, 2018, 02:03:41 pm »

Heck yea, I cant wait to try it out!  8)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.44 1.3.0): Ultra Instinct
« Reply #1107 on: August 10, 2018, 12:22:39 pm »

Sorry for the quick turnover, but there's another release. This one's yet more thoroughly tested, both in adventure and dwarf mode--it should be working very well now.

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 11, 2018, 10:19:29 pm »

Ahh yea! I have a question, what exactly does going supersaiyan boost? If it is purely just extra battlepower then how does battle power affect my attack and defense?
Oh, and could you touch up the git hub wiki? I look at it from time to time for help and info. Thanks :D

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 12, 2018, 02:36:31 pm »

I've got another content update coming up with a bit of a zenkai overhaul. I made training take a lot longer past Super Saiyan, but I've also buffed zenkai to compensate. Once I've tested it to see if there are errors, I'll release the update.

Ki affects attack and defense pretty simply: accuracy and velocity are both multiplied by sqrt((attacker ki)/(defender ki)), so someone who is twice as strong will hit 1.4x as often and 1.4x harder and will get hit 0.7x as often and get hit 0.7 times harder.

EDIT: New release.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 04:14:38 pm by Putnam »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 88