Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 320213 times)

Vakfu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.44 1.3.1): Half a Raditz
« Reply #1110 on: August 12, 2018, 06:06:22 pm »

Heya there! Love your mod and I'm really happy to see another update! I'm here to tell you Dragon Balls don't seem to work in adventure mode. I've spawned seven of them, pretty much to test them out. And while I can select them no problem. When I use them, there is just a "You practice your speaking but make nothing of note" and nothing else happen. Tried it several times. Still the same message without anything else. Didn't tried it in fortress mode.

Anyway, I probably wouldn't play so much of this game if it wasn't for this mod. Keep up the great work!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 12, 2018, 09:05:36 pm »

Ah, that's annoying, didn't test adventure mode because I actually couldn't find the dragon balls where they spawned there, so I just sort of wrote it off as a lost cause. Probably foolish.

Vakfu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 12, 2018, 09:38:50 pm »

After further test in Adventure mode with the new version of the mod, there is a pretty big bug. Power level isn't appearing in the stats tab whether I choose Saiyan or Human and probably whatever else. And I can't even open the Instant Transmission Tab. Everything should be installed fine. Even double checked if it wasn't just me, but nope. Even on a fresh world and even a fresh file. Power Level just disappeared... Kinda defeat the whole purpose of the mod :P

Welp. Imma stay on the 1.3.0 till this thing is patched.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 12, 2018, 11:16:36 pm »

Is there an error in the DFHack console?

EDIT: forgot to push the most recent change, wow, new release. Also edited the wiki with updated info.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 11:26:50 pm by Putnam »

Vakfu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.44 1.3.2): Half a Raditz
« Reply #1114 on: August 13, 2018, 07:01:09 am »

Ahah, that happens. Anyway, the last release seems to have fixed this.

Zombieguy223

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 17, 2018, 10:05:00 am »

Question: Can Super Saiyan 2+ be achieved in adventurer mode? I got up to around 70 million power level in a previous version two weeks ago, but nothing ever triggered. I'm only at 11 million in the current version, so I'll see if it's different this time.

Also, I think I've found a typo in the sparking.lua file. DFHack throws up an error message when things get into combat about being unable to find a unit ID at line 758. Looking at the line in question, it seems like you accidentally typed in df.unit.find(defender), when it seems like it should be df.unit.find(defenderId). I might be wrong, but I think that's the case. I'm disinclined to edit the file myself without confirmation, however. The specific message is in the spoiler below:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Besides that, I love this mod. Adventurer mode is very fun, even though I'm struggling to find strong opponents now (the Goku curse), and fortress mode is pretty fun as well. I do find myself missing strange moods, but I can still build my dragon's hoard of artifacts by stealing them from other sites, which is always a plus!

Edit: I decided to try that change myself, and got another error message! This is why I shouldn't code, everything breaks on me.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 10:34:19 am by Zombieguy223 »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 17, 2018, 12:57:36 pm »

Ah, indeed. Those errors should be minor--Zenkai was barely working beforehand anyway. Still, should be fixed, and have been. Don't worry, that second one wasn't you breaking anything, it was me failing to account for something. Your second error doesn't change functionality in any regard, just makes an error show up when there should be nothing.

Newest stuff up here. This link should always have the latest version, and I'll probably use it from now on instead of having different release URLs.

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 21, 2018, 02:36:28 am »

Why does training in the create tab create physical ki entities, can it be programed to use that ki to create either blast (thown thing) or shield/armor/weapon? Is the physical property of the ki items good for making things?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 21, 2018, 05:17:38 am »

The training creates physical ki entities because attribute increase is based on skill increase and skill increase is based on number of products made..

Kienzan and salza blade also create physical ki, and it is pretty good for weaponry in those cases.

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 22, 2018, 10:18:25 pm »

Will you consider making it possible to use your ki (energy, not physical ki) to interact with the world in some way, like making heat, moving objects, mine, ect?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 22, 2018, 10:45:47 pm »

Never thought about it, but it's an interesting thought. Main problem with it is that it's kinda a lot of work for something very specific--making heat isn't overly useful, for example.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball (Z) Mod: Test fort mode! (0.34.04)
« Reply #1121 on: August 23, 2018, 12:17:53 am »

New Ideas:
FOOD:
1} How about adding sensu beans?   I know they're extremely powerful because of their healing, but perhaps this can be balanced by only allowing them to be found for sale by traders and even then the traders could rarely have them making them more of an easter egg discovery.  Or create a special cat trader called Korin who rarely appears and would only sell like 5 or less.  Rare special easter eggs are great fun.   
If you allow the player to grow the sensu beans it could be some very time consuming, expensive and/or complex process...  whatever combination works for you.

SideNote:*I recall saiyans eat lots more food than the average human or dwarf, not sure if you're interested in changing this variable depending on how closely you wish to match what we know about saiyans.

ROOMS:
2} How about gravity training chambers?  What better way to discourage the cheating/exploit of danger training rooms than to create a more balanced training room which matches the theme of dragonballz.  Probably make them slightly better than a regular barracks, but perhaps require more furniture?

3} How about the hyperbolic time chamber?  Another type of training room, but it could only be used once and has a great boost in stats for the saiyan.  Such a special room should have difficult building requirements because we don't want someone who just started with 50dwarves to have created this powerful structure so early.  I'm not sure which of those variables are possible for such a room... just another idea.

ENEMIES:
4} Here are some enemy ideas:   
    A) Garlic Junior - He's immortal so even if he's killed it's possible for him to return 2 seasons later for another attack.   *Special bonus if you can somehow link him with an evil dark water mist causing insanity.
    B) Androids - Lots of android history within Dragonball and DragonballZ for some fun creations later.  I estimate the number of attacking androids would range between 1 and 4 based on the dragonball & dragonballz history.
    C) Ginyu Force - Doesn't have to be exactly the same ones we saw from the episodes, my impression from the show was new members would replace older members if they were stronger, faster or unique abilities.   So having a selection of 200 unique beings where only 5 or 7 of them are randomly selected for each attacking ambush could work.  I know 200 unique beings is a lot of work, but you can start with a few and just add more when it's fun.
    D) Red Ribbon Army - A combination of attacking humans which could be as many as 100 since they are an army.  This could probably be created/managed by a new enemy civilization. The enemy army might even have one or two androids.

*SideNote - I didn't like the GT series so I didn't include any of those possibilities.

Looks like some of these arrived into the mod!   Great work keeping it going!!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 23, 2018, 12:53:21 am »

I've thought about including gravity and hyperbolic time chambers regularly, but they're pretty difficult an implementation. I've mostly gotten around it by just sorta having the growth rates be tweaked in such a way that your saiyans will grow as fast as if they had extra gravity and the ability to hyperbolic time chamber once or twice (takes 3 years to get to super saiyan 2 after reaching super saiyan while in DB it took just one for gohan, more than 4 for goku, something like 9 for vegeta and, like, a day? for caulifla)

Zombieguy223

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 23, 2018, 01:13:30 am »

I have another DFHack error report about the zenkai boost if you're interested. I think I have an idea of what's causing this one, so I'll add my thoughts.

Looking through sparking.lua, I think this might be because the ki variable isn't defined until line 510, and so at line 423 it's trying to call an as-yet undefined variable for calculations. I must admit to not being especially knowledgeable about coding .lua files, or in general, but that's my impression.

Edit: Just to clarify, this error message comes up when my soldiers are sparring with each other. Probably not relevant, but it might be.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 01:16:39 am by Zombieguy223 »

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 24, 2018, 02:19:43 pm »

Is there any way to see where I am when I use Instant Transmission? I like to go into caves to fight stuff but then I get smacked up by an enemy my character doesnt see so he cant block/dodge and it lands hard. Any idea, is there a dfhack script I can use to have vision without having to move around after I.T.?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 88