Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 318525 times)

Vida

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.44, rolling releases): Half a Raditz
« Reply #1155 on: September 17, 2018, 12:07:25 pm »

Hey, just popping in to let you know that I'm a long time player of this mod. Been playing for ages (not sure for the exact period of time, but Meph was still regularly updating the Masterwork for the DF release before last when I played). I strongly appreciate all the hard work you've put into this mod. It's easily one of the funnest experiences I've ever had in Dwarf Fortress. More than in any other mod, I feel like I have things to work towards. And that goes a LONG way.

I have a few quick questions, though. A while back, you said you needed to get around to writing a quickstart guide for adventure mode. Has that been worked on since then? Also, I'm unfortunately one of those casuals who can't play fort/adventure mode without tilesets. I finally managed to get Sparking to not crash whenever I run it on top of Meph's Tileset, but all the saiyans are fish. It's amusing, but kind've irritating after a bit. Do you have any plans to release a Sparking tileset? And will it have compatibility with things like Meph's Tileset?

Once again, a huge thanks for the effort!

Srip121

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 17, 2018, 04:30:23 pm »

I too would be really into a SPARKING!!! tileset.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 17, 2018, 11:03:10 pm »

I'm terrible at art. I guess you could technically just copy Meph or Phoebus or Spacefox or what-have-you human tile rules, but... yeah, I'm bad. I've thought about making a tileset for it, but I'm usually stymied by the combination of quantity (ADHD sucks) and my inability to make things that are even a minimum of quality.

As for adventure mode, I rebalanced it to make it easier and included a script to skip all the required training.

Wardley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 18, 2018, 12:00:50 pm »

Is it possible to use the get/use the potara earrings in adventure mode?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 18, 2018, 05:50:50 pm »

The fusion functions that I wrote have code in place for adventure mode, but I actually have no idea.

lawlzlo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 19, 2018, 11:00:55 am »

The skipTraining command doesn't work btw, and when you use adv-max-skills on adv mode you start out as a super saiyan.

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 21, 2018, 09:46:50 pm »

Putnam, why don't saiyans have descriptions based on their attributes, aren't dwarves like that? (I dont play with dwarves ever)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 22, 2018, 02:22:41 am »

They do, it's just that most of the time with any reasonable amount of training they end up "unbelievably strong", "amazingly agile", "basically unbreakable", "absolutely inexhaustible" etc.

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 22, 2018, 05:38:56 am »

When I was playing I instant transmissioned to the strongest person at a site, he was quite a bit stronger than some of the rest so I looked at him to try to see if he was muscley or tough or something and I didnt see any feedback on his physical characteristics. does dwarf fortress just not do that?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 22, 2018, 09:36:32 am »

That display is only available in fortress mode. In adventure mode, all you'll see is their DESCRIPTION from the raws.

lawlzlo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 25, 2018, 08:07:18 pm »

I just checked the wiki and super saiyan is, of course, gained at 3,000,000 but when i use adv-max-skills to test something out i find that at a power level of only 8000 i have super saiyan. did it change or something?

Edit: also how do you 'train' super saiyan? just use it?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:20:58 pm by lawlzlo12 »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 26, 2018, 09:36:58 am »

Edit: also how do you 'train' super saiyan? just use it?

Yes, though the more exhausted you are while using it the more effective the training will be.

lawlzlo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 26, 2018, 10:36:19 am »

and i found what may be a bug, when i used Oozaru at the full moon and then went super saiyan to increase the power, i found out after the full moon i could use Oozaru at any time and when i only turned off Oozaru it said i have stopped using Golden Oozaru.

Edit:I also found out that when using Oozaru it doesn't seem to increase my power level, at least when i use it outside of the full moon

EditEdit: It appears that because both days had a full moon that night i was capable of using Oozaru, when the full moon disappeared i stopped being able to use Oozaru.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 11:22:08 am by lawlzlo12 »

lawlzlo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 26, 2018, 12:15:17 pm »

It also turns out having to high a power level drops your speed down to 0.099 unless you have nothing in your inventory

It actually seems that having to high of a power level loops back around to really weak, i can't do anything to these boogeymen as an example
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:28:50 pm by lawlzlo12 »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 26, 2018, 03:53:11 pm »

It also turns out having to high a power level drops your speed down to 0.099 unless you have nothing in your inventory

It actually seems that having to high of a power level loops back around to really weak, i can't do anything to these boogeymen as an example

That's only to do with strength, not power level. I keep lowing the max strength to try to avoid that bug and it keeps coming up, god damn.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 88