Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 320553 times)

RACERBOY

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.44, rolling releases): Half a Raditz
« Reply #1245 on: February 28, 2020, 01:04:08 am »

So I have done some testing grinding up saiyan adventurers to use all the forms and I have run into a consistent problem. No matter what I try I can't seem to get Super Saiyan 4. I have full power super saiyan, super saiyan anger, etc. all trained up to full ultra instinct, but even when I do Oozaru with super saiyan and grind that way I never get the Super Saiyan 4 form. Is there something I am failing to do or is it just buggy with adventure mode? I have tried going super saiyan first and then oozaru and vice versa but nothing seems to happen besides just being golden oozaru.

On a side note, I've found from testing that cutting the tail off of any saiyan 100% of the time causes them to bleed so much they die from bleeding out even if they have no other injuries. Is that intentional?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: February 29, 2020, 06:04:28 pm »

Ah, dammit. Yeah, I nerfed Super Saiyan 4's gaining super hard, cause testing revealed that it's usually gained, um, the instant super saiyan 1 is gained, due to the method of gaining it, so I made it require you to be about ~3/4 of the way to getting Super Saiyan 3 to get it. Unfortunately, I didn't include the standard adventurer exception for that.

Tail bleeding: ouch, no, but I'm kinda unsure what there is to be done about it besides giving them no arteries... which, considering how clean the cut always is, makes sense, huh.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: February 29, 2020, 06:56:16 pm »

Question: Where in the DF folder and subfolders would you install the Sparking files exactly, along with everything DFHack needs in order for it to function? Every time I've tried installing this and DFHack, it never worked properly, except for one time, and that was a long while back.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: February 29, 2020, 08:04:42 pm »

DFHack is installed as normal, mod files are raw and data as usual. DFHack includes a lot of pretty impressive stuff for mods like that.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: February 29, 2020, 08:21:24 pm »

Yeah, dunno how to install the most current version of DFHack. The install instructions say SDL.dll gets replaced, but I'm not seeing it... Also, not sure where to put sparkingonload.txt exactly...

...In the middle of writing, I realized I downloaded the source code of DFHack instead of a version. Just fixed that issue, but the rest still stands. My apologies if this makes me look like a fool.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 09:08:41 pm by Asin »

RACERBOY

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 01, 2020, 08:55:02 pm »

I've installed the latest version and have been able to reach super saiyan 4 without any issue.

Though I've now turned my attention to the new wrathful state you mentioned in the changelog. How do you actually make an adventurer capable of being a legendary super saiyan? Is it as simple as making a saiyan with max hate rage and vengeance? I've done so and only have gone regular super saiyan thus far. Is there something I'm missing? I also notice that in the code for transformations the legendary trait is assigned at birth apparently so is it impossible to reliably make in adventure mode?

stealth121

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 03, 2020, 02:01:01 am »

First time playing this mod and im just getting back into the swing of things after leaving the Dwarven community for like 6 years, i have embarked as saiyans and am wondering if ki blasts are a adventure only thing or if its also in fortress mode,  anyways love the mod you have made. :)

lawlzlo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 03, 2020, 03:50:48 pm »

so i downloaded the new update and used the code you gave me to speed up the transformation which INSTANTLY made whis appear and also gave me ultra instinct sign eventually i unlocked super saiyan anger but i was constantly tired while using it and any other transformation for that matter so i decided to make a new world to try using only the updated training options thinking that the code got me to super saiyan to fast but the same thing is happening with only being able to use super saiyan in short bursts before i conked out from exhaustion and then i made a third world with an adventure with max everything from the beginning but i was just unconcious permanently until i used the dragon ball wish code to gain immortality to see if that would fix it, which it did so i am wondering if you know what was going on with the being tired from using transformations

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 04, 2020, 09:30:47 pm »

Yeah, dunno how to install the most current version of DFHack. The install instructions say SDL.dll gets replaced, but I'm not seeing it... Also, not sure where to put sparkingonload.txt exactly...

...In the middle of writing, I realized I downloaded the source code of DFHack instead of a version. Just fixed that issue, but the rest still stands. My apologies if this makes me look like a fool.

The files go as-packaged, if it's in the raw folder it goes in the raw folder and if it's in the data folder it goes in the data folder, in the exact positions they are in the .zip.

so i downloaded the new update and used the code you gave me to speed up the transformation which INSTANTLY made whis appear and also gave me ultra instinct sign eventually i unlocked super saiyan anger but i was constantly tired while using it and any other transformation for that matter so i decided to make a new world to try using only the updated training options thinking that the code got me to super saiyan to fast but the same thing is happening with only being able to use super saiyan in short bursts before i conked out from exhaustion and then i made a third world with an adventure with max everything from the beginning but i was just unconcious permanently until i used the dragon ball wish code to gain immortality to see if that would fix it, which it did so i am wondering if you know what was going on with the being tired from using transformations

Yeah, it's kinda overtuned at the moment. It requires insane amounts of endurance to keep up ultra instinct--and I should note that I already made all transformations take only 10% of the endurance they did. It's kinda silly, and I should probably try to fix it... again.

Wardley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 28, 2020, 11:25:21 am »

Has anyone figured out how to make a legendary super saiyan in adventure mode? I haven't been successful in creating one when using the process from the older versions (high anger, high hate).

Nepptu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 30, 2020, 02:49:15 am »

Has anyone figured out how to make a legendary super saiyan in adventure mode? I haven't been successful in creating one when using the process from the older versions (high anger, high hate).

Really wish any of us knew, to be honest. I assume it's a random genetic thing now or requires different personality traits. Maybe a different method to unlock it, I dunno. Gonna have to wait for the creator to respond.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 30, 2020, 10:16:22 am »

It should be happening with the first eligible saiyan (just sufficient hate/anger propensity), then not again for 1000 years.

VidaVonZarovich

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Rash numol libash thol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 30, 2020, 04:01:35 pm »

Is it still possible to transform at will without DF Hack? I've tried installing DF Hack a number of times, but all the builds I've used seem to be extremely unstable.

Wardley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 31, 2020, 07:33:45 am »

It should be happening with the first eligible saiyan (just sufficient hate/anger propensity), then not again for 1000 years.
Like actually 1000 years? In that case would it be possible for a historical figure to generate, potentially, as a legendary super saiyan, barring an adventurer from the chance?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 09:41:30 am by Wardley »

lawlzlo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: April 02, 2020, 12:02:06 am »

a historical figure generates almost immediately as a legendary super saiyan, barring you from getting it as far as i can tell
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 88