Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 320853 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.44, rolling releases): Half a Raditz
« Reply #1260 on: April 03, 2020, 10:01:37 pm »

That shouldn't really be happening, since it only checks among loaded units.

lawlzlo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: April 04, 2020, 05:43:40 am »

i am probably wrong cause now i realized super saiyan anger IS part of the legendary transformation right? i just haven't figured out anything past anger

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: April 04, 2020, 10:39:02 am »

Nah, Super Saiyan Anger is that thing Trunks does in Super.

lawlzlo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: April 04, 2020, 10:08:06 pm »

oh, so i have no clue on how to unlock lss at all

EDIT: i found out that you need to unlock Wrath mode, but it can only be activated at 10000(?) pl and you need to be enraged as well. The problem is i go straight below the magma sea and start fighting demons, die, then used the wish menu to get immortality. Then i went and fought a large group of demons(?) until i got enraged, then used the training abilities really fast to get to 10000 but then i unlocked Super saiyan and lost the enraged state because according to the wiki i need to be in a overwhelming fight to become enraged, and unlocking super saiyan made it so i no longer was threatened by the demons. So i don't know if this would of worked in the first place but enraged seemed really hard to come by
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 01:11:19 am by lawlzlo12 »

Nepptu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: April 06, 2020, 05:42:21 pm »

Having high anger propensity should make it easier for you to become enraged in the first place, but yeah there seems to be quite a lot of luck involved in unlocking the legendary line of forms. I'm gonna keep trying and I'll let you all know if I get one.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: April 10, 2020, 07:58:13 am »

Hmm... so I take it the enraged criterion is too onerous? In my experience you can be come enraged with the anger propensities required by getting tapped slightly by a crundle or by... literally just getting into an argument, I'm not joking.

Nepptu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: April 11, 2020, 01:54:59 pm »

In my experience you can be come enraged with the anger propensities required by getting tapped slightly by a crundle or by... literally just getting into an argument, I'm not joking.

Never had anything like that in Vanilla DF but Gods of Destruction are like that in this mod. A piece of dust could fall onto their shoulder and they'd go insane. Saiyans on the other hand are way too calm. I literally had my hand and leg chopped off in an instant and continued to fight viciously for like 10 minutes straight and wasn't enraged even once. They're stone cold. The weird part is in Vanilla DF I've gotten enraged before with not nearly as much vicious fighting. I got bit in the leg by a dingo and got enraged, so why are Saiyans so stone cold in comparison? It seems odd.

Edit: Oh also, for some reason the wish menu in DFHack doesn't work for me. What is it with me and DFHack mods that just don't work?

AnonymusNanus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: April 28, 2020, 12:18:14 pm »

Hi, is there any way to force a transformation in adventurer mode using the DFHack console/window?
Like a command that would instantly transform you into a SSJ/Oozaru/Kaioken/Ultra Instinct etc.

Lazanas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 04, 2020, 12:17:55 pm »

Hi, I've encountered something odd concerning attributes in both adventure mode and fortress mode. I'm aware that the attribute caps are much higher than in vanilla but there's an inconsistency going on with certain attribute caps, namely Agility and Toughness (possibly more but I haven't encountered any issue with the others as of now).

The cap values for these attributes are either vanilla-like or just as they would be for a dragon ball character. For instance, in fortress mode, I have 19 saiyan units and 6 of them have an agility cap that's dbz tier, the highest cap being at 17.9 million and the lowest (in their category) being at 2.8 million.

The 13 other units have their agility cap between about 6k and 7k, pretty much like in vanilla. The toughness attribute cap goes through the exact same thing.

The Strength cap appears to be 100k for all units, normal I guess?

Is there something wrong or is everything working as intended?

Edit: After a couple days things got clearer. In vanilla dwarf fortress your units can increase their attributes up to 2x their initial value, in this mod's files, it's set up to 10,000x on specific attributes, strength goes up to 1,000x normally but strength is capped at 100,000 units for fixing reasons (I don't quite get that decision and I'd be nice to hear about it because the 1,000x scaling works fine unlike the 10,000x one which I'm about to get into).

IE: if an unit spawns with 2,050 Agility, it'll have 20,500,000 as its max Agility (10,000x modifier).

Problem: If an unit starts with a value over 2,147 in an attribute with a 10,000x modifier, the attribute cap is reset (which makes 21,470,000 the highest possible attribute cap when an unit is created in this context).

IE: unit spawns with 4,250 toughness, gets 6,500 toughness cap

My observations:
It's possible to make an attribute cap much higher than 21,470,000 via a dfhack script through a simple assignation ([...].AGILITY.max_value=50,000,000), so the variable type is adequate. The way in which the error happens is akin to an overflow and 21,470,000 looks somewhat like 2,147,483,647 (32-bit signed integer's max positive value). An interesting fact is that the Attribute Cap modifier is actually set as a percentage, so 10,000x becomes 1,000,000%. It's possible to have a signed 32 bit integer overflow while calculating the attribute cap perc : attribute_cap_perc = starting_attribute_value * cap_percentage
if you take 2,148 as the starting attribute value and 1,000,000 as cap percentage:
 - 2,148 * 1,000,000
 - 2,148,000,000‬ -- overflow
I guess that's an issue with the game itself, but it's possible to accommodate the mod to the problem, I'll be looking into proposing a fix for it since I've got time.
This was all done on DF/Hack 0.47.04-r1
Here: https://github.com/Nasfuture75/SPARKING-Dwarf-Fortress-DBZ-mod/releases/tag/1.4.1-Overflow_Workaround_UNOFFICIAL
Requires a new world.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 06:37:25 pm by Lazanas »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 19, 2020, 03:54:34 am »

If strength goes too high, units start becoming overencumbered if they try to carry anything. I'm assuming it's an overflow somewhere. Either way, I can't uncap strength properly.

Darneoc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 28, 2020, 07:31:24 pm »

yeah noob question here... game crashes on worldgen. Using LNP latest version 0.47.04, so extracting mods in df folder keeping file structure intact, it's not asking to overwrite anything, so i'm thinking of 2 options, either i'm installing the mod wrong or i using the wrong version of df, can anybody help?

Darneoc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 28, 2020, 07:36:45 pm »

wrong version right? need some sleep will tackle this tomorrow again.

ParasiticSquid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: May 29, 2020, 08:47:51 am »

Ive been having the same issue as Darneoc where with this mod installed the game crasheds on world generation without fail. Ive tried with all 3 versions starting from DF 0.44.12 up to DF 0.47.04 and the respective dfhack and this mods versions for each, sometimes testing multiple. Shoot, got bored and started trying to mix and match versions between each to see if anything sticks with no luck.

Im on a linux system if that helps at all, not sure if that really matters in the end but for all I know it might

Lazanas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 30, 2020, 10:58:52 am »

I've had crashes as well on world gen which tend to happen when the world starts aging, the years pass and at a random point the game crashes... I don't know why that is but I believe it's a native Dwarf Fortress problem, It happened to me before installing the mod and iirc it happens more frequently depending on how high your settings are. I deal with this by accepting world gen early on in the history generation process. I'm running on windows and df 0.47.04.

ParasiticSquid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 30, 2020, 11:01:38 pm »

Problem is it crashed the moment history starts ageing. Theres the rare occurance where it makes it past the first start up but it'll always crash at some point during it like you said.

Edit:
Tested setting start age to 1, world would just keep getting rejected. Set it to 2 and still got the instant crash oof
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 11:07:28 pm by ParasiticSquid »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 88