Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 320174 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.44, rolling releases): Half a Raditz
« Reply #1275 on: June 03, 2020, 11:37:24 pm »

Yeah, I've been tearing my hair out over this. The solution is, unfortunately, to just use shorter/smaller worldgens.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #1276 on: June 18, 2020, 02:52:02 pm »

Can you play as other civilizations in this mod? I'm thinking of doing a PTO run. :P

jestanother

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: June 20, 2020, 12:36:16 pm »

i think that the world gen crashing has something to do with civilisations as i had a world without any and i was able to go 250+ years in creation

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: June 20, 2020, 12:37:20 pm »

Yeah, always does. I've been messing with them to see what causes it but I kinda can't figure it out.

Lazanas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 27, 2020, 12:27:51 pm »

The mod doesn't touch the native files so...whatever you've got enabled already and saiyans are what you can play as by default. However, only the mod's races benefit from the modified stat caps and physical attacks so you have to distribute tags from the mod among the races you want to play as for full experience.

Side note...I didn't play this mod that much, is there any scaling in difficulty? Like does going to war against another faction spawn units with comparable power levels to yours on the battlefield? Because last I played it felt like I was just grinding powerlevel for the forms, past a certain point you just one shot everything and I didn't even get to super saiyan yet, feels like adventure mode is the most entertaining mode but it's still kinda hard to find stimulation.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: June 28, 2020, 04:56:07 am »

Ha, no, none, and I'm not even sure scaling that way is particularly feasible.

The "super saiyan is stronger than pretty much everything" problem is a real one and not exactly easy to deal with.

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 04, 2020, 04:25:26 pm »

you can one shot humanoid races easy at that point but try killing an animal bigger than you lol

jestanother

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz
« Reply #1282 on: July 26, 2020, 11:40:59 am »

perhaps if you scaled down how fast the new races got stats and lowered the requirements for forms it would help with balance?

tranquilham

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANSLATION:OWO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 26, 2020, 08:47:46 pm »

i tried removing Namekians and the Frieza race and while that seems to have fixed crash on worldgen, it also seems to have fucked up DFHack as it gives me an error (which is referencing missing scripts, possibly because i installed Sparking into Deon's TES mod for laughs, error linked below) and *may* have made it so i am unable to use embark commands like startdwarf and points. i will look into this further but would appreciate your guys' input.

the aforementioned logs/error: https://pastebin.com/AQLa8cmA

EDIT: apparently i am a fool and the error + failed scripts were entirely on my part; for some reason a good chunk of my scripts were missing from the DFHack directory, and also i did not have Putnam's modtools scripts in my scripts directory, dunno why. but i hope that the knowledge that Saiyans alone are working is *some*thing to go on.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 08:55:14 pm by tranquilham »

alex3997

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 07, 2020, 06:51:48 pm »

Does anyone know how to give secrets to a character in adventure mode from the very beginning? Ive tried messing around with the raws but i quickly realized that i would need to learn to truly mod in order to do that.

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: September 03, 2020, 12:37:06 am »

Do you plan to add any new races or maybe new attack techniques?

Meruem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: November 01, 2020, 12:37:31 am »

Yeah, I've been tearing my hair out over this. The solution is, unfortunately, to just use shorter/smaller worldgens.

So, I heard elsewhere that it may apparently have something to do with the NO_EAT and NO_DRINK tokens, and after removing the Namekian's NO_EAT token I was able to generate a medium world with 250 years history without a crash. Hope this bug gets fixed in the future, but for now removing the NO_EAT token from the Namekians seems to work.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: November 01, 2020, 06:04:14 am »

Oh, that's excellent, fixing now.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #1288 on: November 05, 2020, 03:07:33 am »

Wouldn't it be more realistic immersive-wise if you just removed NO_DRINK instead of NO_EAT, because in the series as plant-based lifeforms Namekians drunk water to sustain themselves?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: November 06, 2020, 04:56:30 pm »

NO_EAT makes it so they don't need to eat, yeah. Namekians in the mod, before the current version, needed to drink, but not eat, as you suggest.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88