Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 320283 times)

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

and where do i go to edit them?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Use notepad++ or Notepad.

Also, why?

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sorry i meant that im trying to edit them so i can use multiple blasts at any one time

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

sorry i meant that im trying to edit them so i can use multiple blasts at any one time

Ah, yes. For that, you would go into creature_saiyan.txt or creature_namek.txt, go to the bottom of the saiyan or namekian creatures (at the very bottom for the namekians, about halfway for saiyans) and change this:

Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION] Working version thanks to Spirit of Power
     [CDI:ADV_NAME:ki blast]
   [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
   [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
   [CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:KI:SOLID_GLOB]
   [CDI:VERB:fire a ki blast:fires a ki blast:NA]
   [CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
   [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:20]
   [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
   [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:1200]

To this:

Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION] Working version thanks to Spirit of Power
     [CDI:ADV_NAME:ki blast]
   [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
   [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
   [CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:KI:SOLID_GLOB]
   [CDI:VERB:fire a ki blast:fires a ki blast:NA]
   [CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
   [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:20]
   [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:5] <-- This number right here.
   [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:1200]

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ty

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

This mod looks amazing, just saiyan.  :P

Deffo play after exams are done! Might combine it with pokemon... MAN that would be wierd... :o

Spaghetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was in the middle of modding saiyans in and saw this lol great minds think alike.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you should mod in some preventative measures to keep necromancers from rezzing Namekians and Saiyans, because I am fed up with getting torn to literal pieces by 80 ki blasts from the Namek zombie hordes 2 seconds after they see me! Nothing works against these guys! Picking them off one at a time will just get them re-rezzed if you get lucky enough to avoid being seen! Legendary Saiyan bandits from 34.01, as annoying as they were, were less of a threat, because at least they didn't have 50 Namekian zombies waiting in the first room to insta-kill you as soon as you walk in!

/venting

Anyways, keeping Saiyan and Namekian zombies from happening would, IMO, keep necromancy from being even more overpowered. A small, powerful group of Saiyans could probably take on much, much larger numbers of regular zombies, but not if those zombies are also Saiyans, because then I doubt even a Super Saiyan could take the sheer number of blasts coming at them EVERY. SINGLE. ACTION.

Gah, I just needed vent my frustration. As always, whether or not you change things is your prerogative. It is your mod, after all.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep expecting this to happen on my wasteland journeys. No luck yet.

Spaghetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

modded in [Undirected_gas] in for the people while fighting to give that DBZ effect of (big power smoke going everywhere cuz i powered up and am fighting)

[Undirected_Dust] for super saiyan o.o

epic to watch

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile

I think you made super saiyans a bit too common. 5 out of 7 of my starting saiyans were super saiyans.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I think you made super saiyans a bit too common. 5 out of 7 of my starting saiyans were super saiyans.

Yikes. Super saiyans should only be ~2 out of 100.

crispy01

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi, I am a full on newb at DF, having only dipped my toe into Fortress Mode, but I am learning now, and I was wondering how I activate Saiyans so I can play as them in Fortress mode?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I'll have to warn you first--playing as the saiyans is harder than dwarves. The fact that they're strong as hell is pretty much counteracted by the fact that saiyans are always above-ground, meaning that they'll get rained on, it's harder to build beds, etc. AND they don't have access to most weapons, so weapon traps are pretty much unavailable. When it rains, they'll get unhappy, and tantrum spirals happen far, far easier than with dwarves.

Anyway, to answer your question, press "tab" on the embark screen. You'll see a list of the names of civilizations. Use + and - to choose civilizations. Saiyans will be the ones with # and ○ instead of Ω.

crispy01

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Oh, okay thanks. I think I will get the hang of normal DF first before I try playing as Saiyans or Namekians. Great mod by the way.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 88