Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 319849 times)

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball (Z) Mod: Saiyans, Namekians, still alpha. (0.34.02)
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2012, 08:20:25 pm »

Huh. Apparently syndromes can increase attributes beyond normal physical limits.

COOL.

Anyways, I remember hearing that the ATT_CHANGE token works in percentages, i.e. if you had [PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:200:0] it would double your strength. This would explain why the current version is so badass, and also presents a solution: Namely, give the creature an identical, albeit renamed, interaction called "flare aura" or something. Give an even more powerful version to Cell (possibly an 80x multiplier compared to Super Saiyan's 50x, giving a huge advantage to Cell but also making Super Saiyan 2 have a big advantage over Cell (it has a 100x multiplier compared to base)) and we can get stupidly powerful in comparison to normal creatures, just like in DBZ.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2012, 08:25:10 pm »

My problem is that I don't know how the hell Super Saiyan 2 could be implemented. Maybe an "enrage" interaction that give super saiyans the ability to go Super Saiyan 2 for Cell? That sounds awfully self-destructive, but Cell is kind of self-destructive anyway (considering the way he kind of forced Gohan to go super saiyan 2 >_>)

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2012, 08:41:31 pm »

Well, I was thinking you could either just give the interaction to the creature, or make turning into a Super Saiyan/2 a secret (like necromancy). Because going Super Saiyan for the first time has pretty much the same requirements as Super Saiyan 2, It's just that 2 requires you master 1 first. So it's pretty much either make it a secret or give it away, I can't really think of any other way to do it, besides the Cell-makes-you-angry thing.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2012, 04:48:40 am »

I agree with the secret.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2012, 05:04:12 am »

Golden oozaru, lays golden oozaru eggs.  :o
The other occasional GT super secret could be... A MUSTACHE!

And yeah, super saiyans should be really rare and very much mythical. Lose a friend, be very unhappy, be enraged... all kinds of requirements. A power level requirement would be ideal too but is that even remotely possible to do?
First time super saiyans revert to a body which can transform at will maybe? (Just pulling ideas out of my ass here since I have very little knowledge of what can and cannot be done.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:13:48 am by Slax »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2012, 01:27:08 pm »

Golden oozaru, lays golden oozaru eggs.  :o
The other occasional GT super secret could be... A MUSTACHE!

And yeah, super saiyans should be really rare and very much mythical. Lose a friend, be very unhappy, be enraged... all kinds of requirements. A power level requirement would be ideal too but is that even remotely possible to do?
First time super saiyans revert to a body which can transform at will maybe? (Just pulling ideas out of my ass here since I have very little knowledge of what can and cannot be done.)

Yeah, none of that is quite possible yet. Interactions can't be given based on pre-existing conditions, so it's either from birth, given from a god's curse, or a secret.

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2012, 04:11:45 pm »

(Joke suggestion, don't actually do this it would be awful)

Since the current DF release made bosses just say "I am X. Prepare to die!," any chance you could undo that in your mod? If your fighting a vampire with thousands of worldgen kills, the ensuing "IT WAS I WHO KILLED X, BECAUSE HE WAS A LAMEASS..." for pages and pages and pages might realistically simulate the typical amount of pre-fight talking in DBZ!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2012, 04:39:14 pm »

Ohohoh, I'm planning something for that.

"I am Kakarot Applecreams!"
"I'mma deck you in the schnoz!"

(that's probably not what I'm going to do :P)

EDIT: I had to tone down Super Saiyan 2s once I realized that their power was overwhelming in a literal sense; the game was literally overflowing with their power, causing their hits to be ineffectual.

Super Saiyan 3 probably won't even be possible <_<
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:58:10 pm by Putnam »

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2012, 09:50:24 pm »

Ohohoh, I'm planning something for that.

"I am Kakarot Applecreams!"
"I'mma deck you in the schnoz!"

(that's probably not what I'm going to do :P)

EDIT: I had to tone down Super Saiyan 2s once I realized that their power was overwhelming in a literal sense; the game was literally overflowing with their power, causing their hits to be ineffectual.

Super Saiyan 3 probably won't even be possible <_<

They were so powerful.... that they became ghosts...
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2012, 09:55:45 pm »

Can anyone give me some good alternative names for the default in-game nobles?

I'm currently in the process of converting the mod entirely to fortress mode playability, and it's going to be similar to my old trollmod, with a fully above-ground race and all.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2012, 10:56:26 pm »

Dang, it would've been so cool to be able to increase attributes until wearing armor was literally a hindrance, due to it slowing you down.

Now, for Saiyan/Namekian nobles... Well, Saiyans obviously have a king/queen, but I don't think any other Saiyan positions besides squad leader or something (what Bardock was) have been canonically stated. As for Namekians, the civ leader would probably be guardian (i.e. the planet's guardian leads all Namekians living there). Again, I don't think any other Namekian positions have been canonically stated. So perhaps just assume they mimic Dwarven civs, at least mostly?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2012, 11:01:26 pm »

Dang, it would've been so cool to be able to increase attributes until wearing armor was literally a hindrance, due to it slowing you down.

Oh, no, that's still 100% possible. I could just make Super Saiyan 3 have this be its primary effect:

[CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:1:6:START:0:END:5000]

Or something like that. Currently, Super Saiyan 2 has a 2:3 for its ratio, and 1:6 would be 4 times as strong, which is the closest to canon we've seen in comparison between the two.

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2012, 11:06:08 pm »

As for Namekians, the civ leader would probably be guardian (i.e. the planet's guardian leads all Namekians living there). Again, I don't think any other Namekian positions have been canonically stated. So perhaps just assume they mimic Dwarven civs, at least mostly?

Um......remember Guru? I always assumed that his title was Guru and everyone just called him Guru.
Also, does the titles system work so the son of a king is a prince, by any chance?

Also, when Goku was born his power level was 2? I forgot that.
That means he was 2.5x weaker than the best character in DBZ, The Farmer With A Shotgun.
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2012, 11:09:47 pm »

Yes, unfortunately, the Prince of All Saiyans would instead be called Peasant with the way the game works.

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2012, 11:25:46 pm »

I'm going to guess that in a world genned with this mod, an average day in a Saiyan town would would look something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EKTw50Uf8M

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 88