Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 319948 times)

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I set it up so that, in adventure mode, you can use any arbitrary fraction for your ki with ctrl+k.
So I downloaded the latest stable just now, genned a world, rolled up a demigod saiyan, and pressed ctrl-k. Then this happened:
Code: [Select]
...ta/save/region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/adv_ki_adjust.lua:21: attempt to call
global 'get_ki_investment' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        ...ta/save/region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/adv_ki_adjust.lua:21: in funct
ion 'fun'
        C:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Dragon Ball\hack\lua\class.lua:98: in function '
invoke_after_rec'
        C:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Dragon Ball\hack\lua\class.lua:127: in function
'kiViewScreen'
        ...ta/save/region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/adv_ki_adjust.lua:50: in funct
ion 'f'
        C:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Dragon Ball\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:461: in function
 <C:\Users\L\Documents\DF\Dragon Ball\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:425>
        (...tail calls...)

What do?

Edit: Also, is it normal to be surrounded by a ki aura no matter what I'm doing?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:47:45 pm by Nahere »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Dammit that's one of those bugs that I fix and somehow ends up being published anyway.

Add "ki" to "get_ki_investment" on line 21 of adv_ki_adjust.lua. I also updated the download.

And yeah, ki aura always is normal.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

And now I've updated various behind-the-scenes things so that it'll hopefully run more consistently.

I may bring in Bringer of Death's style of ki boosts, since the "10% boost in ki is a near 100% advantage" thing they assume in that is actually literally true in this mod.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

And there I go, actually brought in Bringer of Death's style of ki boosts, since I tested it out and liked it a lot better. Also made sure that super saiyans would transform (by forcing them to do so when combat actually starts) and added a dwarfmode version of the adventure mode ki GUI (accessible with dragonball/dwarf_ki_adjust in the DFHack console).

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

So, for those who don't read DBZ fanfiction, what's "Bringer of Death" style of ki boosts?
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Flat boost rather than the standard fanon 50x/100x/400x multipliers.

wazupwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You probably have already heard but one "Canon" ( Or Fanon) name for Frieza's race was Arcosian. Also i was curious if it'd be possible to add their Fifth form that Cooler uses or if it might already be in. Ive been out of the loop.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I used to be all thinking "that's weird body shit" but then I realized just now that the body in the fifth form isn't really that different...

More important is the golden form, which seems excessive, but yeah, good to have.

Arcosians are... vague. It's from anime filler pre-Namek, so I think I'll keep with frost demon simply because that phrase makes people think "oh like freezer and cooler and cold".
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:06:41 pm by Putnam »

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, as far as Toriyama's actual canon goes, I don't think Freeza's race is ever actually named, beyond an implication that they may be mutants of another race, and thus extremely rare.

Even Xenoverse, where you can make one as your custom character, just calls them "Freeza Race."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

DBZ has been around what...20 years? And Toriyama STILL hasn't named Frieza's race :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Closer to 30, actually, if you count the original Dragon Ball. The first episode of DB aired in '86 in Japan. The Manga started in '84, so it's over 30 at this point.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (2.6.0): Ssssuper Namekian! (0.40.24)
« Reply #836 on: May 19, 2015, 01:54:14 am »

Added playable namekians, hopefully made androids not dumb.

EDIT: Also added a poll. Some fanfictions have interesting stuff, BUT obviously that might actually be repulsive to some people.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 03:42:41 am by Putnam »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 21, 2015, 06:19:39 pm »

Oh, and about the poll: I wouldn't put in some silly super saiyan 5 or anything like that, super saiyan god super saiyan 4 is about as far as I'll go with particularly ludicrous crap

Inkrediblex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 23, 2015, 05:44:42 pm »

Can't seem to get the mod to merge through LNP automerger thingy, and I have no idea where to put this mod manually. http://gyazo.com/26cf28bf96f86346ce99c3a8422274d7 is what I get when I try. idk what i'm doing wrong. On a fresh install of starter pack 12 and have never added any other mods.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 23, 2015, 06:00:28 pm »

Yeah, I had problems with that even using an empty folder. It's troublesome.

As for where to put this mod manually: you want to merge the data and raw folders in the folder in the zip with the ones in the DF folder. That's basically the same thing as overwriting them, but your OS shouldn't actually overwrite it.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 88