Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 318564 times)

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball (Z) Mod: Saiyans, Namekians, still alpha. (0.34.02)
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 12:56:40 pm »

Question.. Is it possible to program in a golem type system for Bio-Androids? (aka the Cell creatures)
Because that's how the cell types are usually made. (Aka example of how Dr. Gero produced them)

Also it would be cool to have a Power level system programed into the game, but that seems to be a bitch. XD

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 01:55:13 pm »

Is it just me or can super saiyans take out megabeasts with ease?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 01:57:22 pm »

Is it just me or can super saiyans take out megabeasts with ease?

Yup.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 03:20:35 pm »

Another contribution, for your consideration:

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_SAIYAN]
[NAME:saiyan battle armor:saiyan battle armor]
[ARMORLEVEL:3]
[UBSTEP:1]
[LBSTEP:1]
[SHAPED]
[LAYER:ARMOR]
[COVERAGE:100]
[LAYER_SIZE:20]
[LAYER_PERMIT:50]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:9]
[HARD]
[METAL]
[STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_WOVEN_THREAD]

[ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_SAIYAN_JUMPSUIT]
[NAME:saiyan jumpsuit:saiyan jumpsuits]
[ARMORLEVEL:2]
[UBSTEP:MAX]
[LAYER:UNDER]
[LAYER_SIZE:15]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:6]
[HARD]
[METAL]
[LEATHER]

[ITEM_PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_SAIYAN_JUMPSUIT]
[NAME:lower saiyan jumpsuit:lower saiyan jumpsuits]
[ARMORLEVEL:2]
[LBSTEP:MAX]
[LAYER:UNDER]
[LAYER_SIZE:15]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:6]
[HARD]
[METAL]
[LEATHER]

[ITEM_GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GAUNTLETS_SAIYAN]
[NAME:saiyan battle armor gauntlet:saiyan battle armor gauntlets]
[UPSTEP:1]
[SHAPED]
[LAYER_SIZE:20]
[LAYER_PERMIT:15]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:2]
[METAL]
[HARD]

[ITEM_SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS_SAIYAN]
[NAME:saiyan battle armor boot:saiyan battle armor boots]
[UPSTEP:1]
[METAL_ARMOR_LEVELS]
[LAYER_SIZE:25]
[LAYER_PERMIT:15]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:2]
[METAL]
[HARD]

More armor raws! I made a slight adjustment to the battle armor, I changed [UBSTEP:0] to [UBSTEP:1] because I figured those huge pauldrons would protect the upper arms pretty well. Also, I increased the armorlevel to 3.

I also added saiyan battle armor gauntlets and boots, which are essentially regular old gauntlets and high boots, with the names changed for flavor, and the [SCALED] and [BARRED] tags removed because I have no idea what those do, and also some slight changes to the boots (I changed [LAYER:OVER] to [LAYER:ARMOR] and [ARMORLEVEL:1] to [ARMORLEVEL:3]).

The saiyan jumpsuit is to reflect the jumpsuit deal saiyans usually wear under their armor, and to add some extra protection. I'm not sure if they can be made from cloth though. I'm pretty sure making things from cloth requires the item have the [SOFT] tag, but I'm not sure whether or not that conflicts with [HARD].

Arena testing shows all these items can be worn together, and seem to be functioning as expected as well.

If you do use these, remember to add them to the saiyan entity, or else they won't appear in-game (I think).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 03:22:50 pm by Spirit of Power »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 12:19:05 am »

You ever considered taking the vanilla races and making them all DBZ like?  Maybe allow a few of them to learn ki attacks as secrets, or give them their own abilities more on par with the other races.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 12:39:21 am »

Planned.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 01:50:23 am »

Saiyan Fortress!
Scientists (energy weapons, weak, smart), Slave (workers?), Warriors (tough, strong, dumb), Elites (the next step in warrior technology, powered by willpower and ignorance).

That'd be nice. Real nice.

Sorry. I just love that grin.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 01:53:07 am »

Mmm... Saiyan fortress...

Megabeasts dropping dragon balls, 7 can be used to wish at a "shenron summoning workshop"? Hell yes.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 01:59:00 am »

There'd have to be some work done on the engine but I say it's a good idea. Power level management for your guys (fighting at full power drains you quicker and such) handled by mini transformations?
Get some ideas together, try to work it in and see what won't work. Give Toady another wish-list. ;)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 01:28:54 pm »

I have an idea. Why not add the turtle hermit's secrets? You could do the Kamehameha as a fire jet type attack.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 04:57:06 pm »

Cool Idea the megabeasts fought for the dragnballs should be the "dragon gods" or whatever they dubbed the splintered corrupted spirit of shenlong, and maybe adventuring reactions for using the balls anytime anywhere.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 07:47:44 pm »

I can see nothing but trouble coming from trying to include the Dragon Balls. I mean, firstly, how would the wish mechanic even WORK? What if you wished to be something impossible like a vampire-husk-necromancer? How would you even relay to the game that you wanted to be a vampire-husk-necromancer?

Still, if you can get it to work, I'm all for it. Now, a couple things:

1. If you want to add in rapid-fire Ki blasts, all you have to do is increase the number of targets. I noticed that the Ki blasts right now seem a bit underpowered, and simply copied the interaction and upped the number of targets to 10 and doubled the recharge time. I went into the arena, used it to completely screw over some poor saps, and labeled it a success. So there's that, but using it in adventure mode makes me scared sockless (and you know how much dwarves love socks) of saiyan bandits.

2. You may want to consider changing the Super Saiyan interaction into a transformation interaction instead of a syndrome interaction. This would allow you to get the "gold hair and turquoise eyes" descriptors, and make increasing things like speed easier, and also maybe add in a rapid-fire Ki blast and improved flash step to the creature, to reflect Super Saiyan's increase in speed and power. This would also open up the possibility of Legendary Super Saiyan, as you could modify body size. Also among the possibilities this presents are Super Saiyan 2 and 3, as you would need to go Super Saiyan to access 2, and need to go 2 to access 3, and so forth, if you want to add in Super Saiyan 4.

Lastly, the Kamehameha Wave. Trust me, I want this just as much as you do, but I cannot think of any way it would accurately reflect the Kamehameha, unless firebreath-type interactions can be set to have increased range. Speaking of that, I'm off to the arena to see what I can do. Will edit/post again with the results.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 07:53:55 pm »

I already have rapid ki blast waves and a sort of Kamehameha ball (>_<) with Cell for now, so that's all good.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 08:58:18 pm »

Yeah, it looks like there's no way to get a Kamehameha. I don't think it's possible to have a dragonfire-esque attack without having you breathe dragonfire, and TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW was unimpressive in scale as well as damage. Besides that, I got caught in the blast, so even if it was deadly I'd be signing my death warrant by using it. Though that does somewhat remind me of this (Vegeta's Sacrifice, just in case you haven't watched DBZ to that point and don't want to see spoilers). Perhaps it could be added as a sort of final "screw you" towards anyone who kills you?

Also, this topic has a lot of data on transformation interactions, so that can help with a possible revamped Super Saiyan.

So, "Kamehameha ball," eh? Perhaps it would be better to call it "Big Bang Attack".

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 12:07:48 am »

Mmm... Saiyan fortress...

Megabeasts dropping dragon balls, 7 can be used to wish at a "shenron summoning workshop"? Hell yes.

Probably could be like the well in towns, just have mystical tables that you can use the dragonballs on. putting dragonballs in a container on top of it or something and then interacting with it to summon some sort of monster. And as for the werebeast transformation. Think it'd be editable to make it so saiyans can turn into giant monkeys? Probably not, but an idea. Also, editing the mod a little myself right now. Making it suit me.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 88