Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 318502 times)

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball (Z) Mod: Tokusentai! (0.34.05)
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2012, 04:26:38 pm »

And do not forget the tail whip attacks, or the telekinetic powers (Could be just a material emission interaction which shoots globs of stone).

But then how would I explode short bald humans and inadvertently seal my demise?
I dunno.

Maybe making one of their emissions a virus, that makes the other person explode. Basically infect them with explosives.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2012, 05:10:58 pm »

Or maybe, instead of emissions, just an "explode" thing that they could use rarely, combined with a second effect that they'll be able to use on Super Saiyans to force their transformations (because that'd just be hilarious :P)

They're currently all form four, with no horns and such, but that could change.

Grasping tail is a requirement and I should have done it in the first place.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2012, 06:43:55 pm »

Yes, I do need those kidney punches. Honestly if a form had to be a constant, wouldn't it be 1, considering the new bardock storyline *where chilled was form 1*? I mean obviously you are making this, but still, just saying it seems to be more common if you want to consider ancestry.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2012, 07:44:29 pm »

Supposedly, Frieza was supposedly born in form 4, and form 1 is just made to contain his power; Chilled is obviously form 1, but King Cold appears to be form 2. Cooler's base form is form 4.

That's 2 out of 4, so I'm sticking with form 4.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2012, 08:00:25 pm »

Supposedly, Frieza was supposedly born in form 4, and form 1 is just made to contain his power; Chilled is obviously form 1, but King Cold appears to be form 2. Cooler's base form is form 4.

That's 2 out of 4, so I'm sticking with form 4.

Think of it this way: Were Chilled and (to a lesser extent) King Cold abnormally weak, or were Frieza and Cooler abnormally strong? Personally, I believe the latter, seeing as King Cold was SHOCKED when Frieza was absolutely destroyed by Trunks, implying he was abnormally strong (at least to me). Also, Dragon Ball Heroes. Not canon, yeah, but there are 3 of Frieza's race in it, and all 3 are form 1, implying that's the norm.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2012, 09:42:13 pm »

Any plans for Majin Buu yet? Cell was a bit too fragile for my master vampires, though when infected with vampirism himself... well, it wasn't pretty. I'd love to see a Buu in DF form, made of some material that can't be cut, and stretches unbelievably.

Also, form 4 for Frieza is probably best, though I think you should try to make him start in form 1, then transform to 4 later in the battle. It could be fun.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2012, 09:50:48 pm »

Buu... I already have a type of creature that can resist death entirely except by total annihilation, so that should work. I originally resisted because Buu is basically a clone of Cell ability-wise (a near indestructible creature created by a weaker villain that has the ability to absorb its foes and add its foes power to its own), but I guess it would be nice.

The problem is that complete destruction would require atom-smashing or cave-ins...

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2012, 09:55:42 pm »

Buu... I already have a type of creature that can resist death entirely except by total annihilation, so that should work. I originally resisted because Buu is basically a clone of Cell ability-wise (a near indestructible creature created by a weaker villain that has the ability to absorb its foes and add its foes power to its own), but I guess it would be nice.

The problem is that complete destruction would require atom-smashing or cave-ins...
Just give it blood, but make it VERY hard to cut. 9999999999999 shear or something.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2012, 10:48:13 pm »

I'm not sure if that would really make it that difficult to cut. Really, the material properties are kinda wonky. I like the way Toady described them: "nothing that won't make an engineer cry".

Anyway, I've started on 1.1. Currently, I'm working on an overhaul for Super Saiyans; they aren't used by anyone other than adventurers at this point, so I'm fixing them up so that they're caused by fleeing, because that's pretty much the only combat situation that self_only interactions will ever be used. I've also decided to replace the default "stronger through physical attributes" interaction with a full-on transformation because:

1. It will heal their wounds, which is pretty necessary for a FLEEING interaction.
2. Adventurers don't need clothes, backpacks, or anything else similar to that. What are you even talking about when you say you do. I mean seriously.
3. It allows for far more variation; I currently have (albeit untested) green-eyed gold-haired Super Saiyans, long-haired Super Saiyan 3s, and black-haired Super Saiyan 4s. I may also add fur to the rest of the Super Saiyan 4's body.

After this, I may work on Frieza's transformations.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2012, 10:48:03 am »

Adventurers don't need clothes, backpacks, or anything else similar to that. What are you even talking about when you say you do. I mean seriously.

Sig'd.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2012, 12:27:14 am »

Well, I spent all of my modding day fixing a problem where Super Saiyan 4s were having attacks pass right through.

I didn't think it was a problem until one finally connected and they flew off into the nether and blew apart at the seams...

So I halved their body size. As it turns out, there's an overflow, and it's less than 280,000,000.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2012, 02:47:02 am »

Well, I spent all of my modding day fixing a problem where Super Saiyan 4s were having attacks pass right through.

I didn't think it was a problem until one finally connected and they flew off into the nether and blew apart at the seams...

So I halved their body size. As it turns out, there's an overflow, and it's less than 280,000,000.

So... Dwarven Super Saiyan 4?
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2012, 10:52:54 am »

I like how overflows are practically standard protocol in this mod  8)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2012, 05:35:24 pm »

I like how overflows are practically standard protocol in this mod  8)

Well, Dragon Ball Z had a lot of limit-pushing going on. Every time someone seemed as powerful as possible, something else showed up that was even stronger. When Super Saiyans seemed unbeatable after Vegeta defeated Android 19, Androids 17 and 18 showed up to ruin that, then Vegeta and Trunks came up with stages 2 and 3 of Super Saiyan, then Cell surpassed both of those with his perfect form, then Gohan surpassed that with Super Saiyan 2, then Buu showed up...

Basically, Dragon Ball is the codifier for the trope Beyond the Impossible. How many times have the villains in Dragon Ball said "No, that's impossible!"? Many. Overflows are going to happen because I want the powers to be as close to the show as possible when it comes to these things, which could cause some interesting things. In, say, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3, Super Saiyans are 10% stronger than the base form. In this mod, they're 50 times stronger. Super Saiyan 2s are 15% versus 100 times, 3 is 25% versus 400 times, and 4 is 40% versus 2000 times.

Yes, 2000 times. I was hoping for 4000 times, but I already said what happens there >_>

EDIT: Damn it. So transformed saiyans crash when looked at. I know exactly how to fix this, but I'll have to remove hair colors and eye colors entirely from base saiyans. This isn't too much of a problem, though, really; name all of the non-black-haired non-filler non-anime non-movie pure saiyans.

(The total of those saiyans add up to, I believe, Goku, Vegeta, Bardock, Raditz, Nappa. Note that all 5 have black hair.)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:13:33 am by Putnam »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball (Z) Mod: I'm stronger this time! (0.34.06)
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2012, 11:43:02 pm »

Updated, had to remove lots of tissue modifiers, but now we have working super saiyans in fort mode, so that's all good.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 88