Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 320189 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (2.3.0): Such incredible ki! (0.40.24)
« Reply #780 on: April 17, 2015, 05:55:20 pm »

Added an entirely new attribute (sorta) to the game: ki!

It affects movement and attacking only, for now, but boy does it. If you have enough ki or are pushing yourself hard enough, you can make movement take very little time and zero fatigue; similarly, you can make attacks much faster, all the way to a single tick, and any excess ki from reducing the attack time will be added directly into the attack's velocity.

Note that, say, Beerus will use 2,000,000 ki per attack, giving him that much velocity.

The cap on velocity in vanilla is 10,000.

So, yes, Sparking! has broken the limits of Dwarf Fortress modding yet again.

me irl
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 05:15:16 am by Putnam »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 18, 2015, 05:06:33 am »

how
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 18, 2015, 05:14:46 am »

DFHack persistent storage.

It actually doesn't act as a new attribute at all since I wrote that, being a simple function of willpower, focus and endurance. But it still does all that stuff.

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
  • Champion of the unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 18, 2015, 09:03:21 am »

why scripts do not work?
his title changed to "thruthful chills"
Also known as : "Believe me when I say this guy is a psychotic murderer".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 18, 2015, 02:04:43 pm »

More specific please.

You have DFHack installed?

Alceris

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:KILL:FLOWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 19, 2015, 02:47:59 am »

I love how this mod is practically dedicated to pushing (then breaking) the limits of Dwarf Fortress.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 02:28:57 pm by Alceris »

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 19, 2015, 05:44:08 am »

I have got dfhack
When I try to do instant-transmission dfhack shows this:
.../region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/instant_transmission.lua:33: attempt to call global 'get exhaustion' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
.../region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/instant_transmission.lua:33: in function 'getpowerlevel'
.../region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/instant_transmission.lua:100: in function 'selectunit'
.../region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/instant_transmission.lua:110: in function 'f'
.../region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/instant_transmission.lua:461: in function <...arter pack r9\ dwarf fortress 0.40.24\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:425>
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:47:07 am by Aleksanderus »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 19, 2015, 05:30:31 pm »

Did you type that out manually?

Where did you get that instant transmission? The latest version has the only getExhaustion call at line 71, with function getPowerLevel at line 54 and selectUnit() at 133.

Alceris

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:KILL:FLOWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 20, 2015, 05:50:24 am »

So, pretty much whenever I do anything that takes time to do, especially movement, I get this,
Code: [Select]
...ress Zed/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/ki.lua:4: stack overflow
stack traceback:
...ress Zed/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/ki.lua:4: in function 'unitCanUseKi'
...ress Zed/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/ki.lua:25: in function 'init_ki'
...ress Zed/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/ki.lua:53: in function 'get_unit_ki_persist_entry'
...ress Zed/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/ki.lua:90: in function 'adjust_max_ki'
...ress Zed/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/ki.lua:34: in function 'init_ki'
...ress Zed/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/ki.lua:53: in function 'get_unit_ki_persist_entry'
...ress Zed/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/ki.lua:90: in function 'adjust_max_ki'
...ress Zed/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/ki.lua:34: in function 'init_ki'
...ress Zed/data/save/region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/ki.lua:79: in function 'get_ki'
...f Fartress Zed/data/save/region1/raw/init.d/sparking.lua:382: in function 'chargeKi'
...f Fartress Zed/data/save/region1/raw/init.d/sparking.lua:392: in function 'func'
...ris\Downloads\Durf Fartress Zed\hack\lua\repeat-util.lua:28: in function 'helper'
...ris\Downloads\Durf Fartress Zed\hack\lua\repeat-util.lua:31: in function 'scheduleEvery'
...f Fartress Zed/data/save/region1/raw/init.d/sparking.lua:460: in function <...f Fartress Zed/data/save/region1/raw/init.d/sparking.lua:457>
[C]: in function 'safecall'
...\Alceris\Downloads\Durf Fartress Zed\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:532: in function <...\Alceris\Downloads\Durf Fartress Zed\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:503>
and it slows down the game severely. Like, upwards of 3 seconds to move one tile.

And whenever I try to use Instant Transmission,
Code: [Select]
.../region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/instant_transmission.lua:138: bad argument #1 to 'ceil' (number expected, got string)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'ceil'
.../region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/instant_transmission.lua:138: in function 'selectUnit'
.../region1/raw/scripts/dragonball/instant_transmission.lua:148: in function 'f'
...\Alceris\Downloads\Durf Fartress Zed\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:434: in function <...\Alceris\Downloads\Durf Fartress Zed\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:418>
(...tail calls...)

I checked these files, as well, most, if not all, of the error messages seem to point to the wrong line, somehow. Also, as "Beerus" or whatever, carrying any amount of weight at all causes my speed to drop to minimum, but has the opposite effect in the Object Testing Arena, for some reason.

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 20, 2015, 07:25:14 am »

Did you type that out manually?

Where did you get that instant transmission? The latest version has the only getExhaustion call at line 71, with function getPowerLevel at line 54 and selectUnit() at 133.
1. yes.
2. I haven't got the latest version but I will change it to the latest

sorry for English

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:21:29 pm by Putnam »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 21, 2015, 10:14:47 am »

Do the effects of ki apply to world-gen?
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 21, 2015, 10:25:22 am »

Heck no. That's an awful can of worms.

Unfortunately, this also makes it a choice between cell being completely overpowered or dying of giant sparrows.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 21, 2015, 02:32:25 pm »

Unfortunately, this also makes it a choice between cell being completely overpowered or dying of giant sparrows.
Sounds like the wildlife needs to be a little more scary. Like giving the dangerous c_variations high willpower, focus, or endurance so when you see Cell dying to them in worldgen and they appear in-game it is consistent. Willpower and/or focus are probably best bets.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 22, 2015, 04:33:19 am »

Spoiler: Help (click to show/hide)
I put in DfHack r-3 for v40.24 and then put the mod in.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 88