Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 322855 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (2.4.0): Speak your wish! (0.40.24)
« Reply #810 on: April 26, 2015, 03:25:48 am »

I pushed an update that I think ought to fix it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 26, 2015, 07:57:25 am »

So playing around as a God of Destruction outsider is completely hilarious. So much dead elf.

Though now I'm wondering why the options only go up to "use 5%"

Maybe I installed DFhack wrong? The window didn't pop up like it does in Masterwork, and the ctrl+X does nothing, nor does instant transmission. Odd.
*My experiences win8.2:IT is a shortcut key only (I think ctrl+t), when hit brings up a window with a bunch of powerlevels+species(including dead ones as I found out after killing some hamlets), and when one of them is selected the game goes very weird until you move in a direction. Once you move you are before the person with that powerlevel.

Also note that there is a scouter script in the script folder which I don't think is accessible in adv without moving it into DFHack's script folder.
Yeah, I think I might have installed DFhack wrong, that or whatever made Putnam go "wait, shit" is to blame. No windows brought up at all. My only other experience with DFhack is from Masterwork where it came with the mod, and that opened the command console in a separate window when you started the game....is that what SHOULD be happening here, or does it only open a DFhack window when you use certain stuffs?

EDIT: yeah, pretty much definitely installed it totally wrong. Reading the readme to try and not be retarded

EDIT2: Ok, got it to open DFhack, less mentally challenged now.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:35:58 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 26, 2015, 03:29:30 pm »

Make sure to redownload to get the fix to adventure mode.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 26, 2015, 05:08:06 pm »

Been sorting out errorlog stuff (as I am plopping this on top of AcceleratedDF) and these
Code: [Select]
Error Initializing Text: data/speech/legendarysupersaiyan.txt
Error Initializing Text: data/speech/supersaiyangod.txt
*** Error(s) finalizing the interaction HAS_GONE_SUPER_SAIYAN_4
Target Token not found B
issues are straightforward and easily fixed. Version "Latest" is(or was 56min ago) missing those 2 files and the interaction doesn't have any I_TARGET:B but does have a syndrome for it.
But I'm getting this error
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/interaction_dragonball.txt"
Unrecognized CE_BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER token: HEIGHT
Unrecognized CE_BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER token: 9100
and I don't know what to make of it. I'm pretty sure that these mods can't mess with token viability at all and I don't remember that token becoming obsolete.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 26, 2015, 05:30:51 pm »

The speech files are actually there, so that's weird.

EDIT: Wait, this is cutting-edge you're talking about, okay, I'm not entirely too worried then, I'll just fix those as I continue development. Edited the download page to make it more obvious that that version is very likely to have horrible bugs.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 05:33:34 pm by Putnam »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 26, 2015, 05:52:06 pm »

The speech files are actually there, so that's weird.

EDIT: Wait, this is cutting-edge you're talking about, okay, I'm not entirely too worried then, I'll just fix those as I continue development. Edited the download page to make it more obvious that that version is very likely to have horrible bugs.
Ah. When you posted this
And I saw a new link I figured that you put the change to this new experimental version (an assumption that I probably carried in from the way Wesnoth does things). I felt confirmed when I checked the file size differences in the folders in the zip.

So I'm going to go rebuild my mod installations with the stable version and I'll get back to you when/if I notice anything. Thank you :)
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 26, 2015, 08:06:00 pm »

On initializing adventure mode
Spoiler: Probably not relevant (click to show/hide)
Loading script at C:\Users\TheEndlessNight\The Steady Hand\Games\Dwarf Fortress
v40.24/data/save/region1/raw/sparking_onload.txt
...rtress v40.24/hack/scripts/modtools/syndrome-trigger.lua:112: attempt to conc
atenate local 'syndrome' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        ...rtress v40.24/hack/scripts/modtools/syndrome-trigger.lua:112: in func
tion 'f'
        ...ady Hand\Games\Dwarf Fortress v40.24\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:461: in func
tion <...ady Hand\Games\Dwarf Fortress v40.24\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:425>
        (...tail calls...)
        [C]: in function 'runCommand'
        ...ady Hand\Games\Dwarf Fortress v40.24\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:479: in func
tion '_run_command'
        ...ady Hand\Games\Dwarf Fortress v40.24\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:494: in func
tion 'run_command'
        ...ortress v40.24/data/save/region1/raw/init.d/sparking.lua:574: in func
tion <...ortress v40.24/data/save/region1/raw/init.d/sparking.lua:570>
        [C]: in function 'safecall'
        ...ady Hand\Games\Dwarf Fortress v40.24\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:557: in func
tion <...ady Hand\Games\Dwarf Fortress v40.24\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:528>
Enabled projectileExpansion.
[DFHack]#
I also spawned in dragonballs and used WISH_DB_ADV and "You practice your Speaking but make nothing of note." I put the product at 100% and still just got a ki boulder.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 26, 2015, 08:13:29 pm »

Friggin. Thought that would work, apparently didn't.

I have no idea what the syndrome-trigger problem is. Like, I seriously do not understand why that in particular is happening.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 26, 2015, 08:28:21 pm »

I have no idea what the syndrome-trigger problem is. Like, I seriously do not understand why that in particular is happening.
I can sympathize with this, the one thing I remember about my modding of DF is "syndromes are fucking assholes"

Also, I am somewhat disappoint that grabbing a saiyan's tail doesn't make them pass out.

Indeed, I do this.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 26, 2015, 08:40:13 pm »

Before your adventure fix I actually had no DFHack red-text on Adv start. Whether that means everything was working as intended is another thing entirely.

I can sympathize with this, the one thing I remember about my modding of DF is "syndromes are fucking assholes"
Agreed.
Also, I am somewhat disappoint that grabbing a saiyan's tail doesn't make them pass out.
TL_PAIN_RECEPTORS targeting tail tissues would make them more sensitive to damage but unfortunately there isn't a non-clunky vanilla way to make that dream a reality.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 27, 2015, 06:12:46 am »

TL_PAIN_RECEPTORS targeting tail tissues would make them more sensitive to damage but unfortunately there isn't a non-clunky vanilla way to make that dream a reality.
Yeah, I thought about the idea of having saiyan tail tissues be made of something that has huge amount of pain receptors, but then I thought about what it would take to represent "training" your tail, which would probably involve interactions or syndromes or whatnot and be a big headache.

Their tails probably don't hurt all that much as a balance thing, since the PC can be a saiyan and it would be inconvenient to pass out because an enemy happened to target it with something.

Or hey, maybe Putnam channeled his inner Toryama and just forgot saiyan tails are really sensitive, and I just reminded him :P

Indeed, I do this.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 27, 2015, 05:09:50 pm »

No, I forgot that they existed for a bit, despite the fact that the oozaru interaction requires oh.

I'm not even sure if the oozaru interaction requires a tail.

Also, yeah, it'd be some weird shit to get tails working correctly with training etc.

I guess I could include it as part of the super saiyan trigger, have them get a tail numbing syndrome if they have a power level of >2.

wazupwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Super Saiyan
« Reply #822 on: April 27, 2015, 09:38:47 pm »

I'm curious as to if other people have had success becoming a super saiyan in Adv mode,and if you need to go super saiyan differently than before. Does it still pop up in the acquired powers menu? Thus far I've been unsuccessful in screaming my way to it's activation and I haven't seen any super saiyans around my worlds.Although I've gotten several attributes to SuperSaiyan.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 27, 2015, 10:39:03 pm »

You need to have quite high stats.

Also, sometimes screaming doesn't work due to adventure weirdness. Use this command in DFHack to force the check:

lua dfhack.run_script('dragonball/super_saiyan_trigger','-unit',df.global.world.units.active[0].id)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Released the Super Saiyan 4/Oozaru again.

And if your wish doesn't work in adventure mode due to some bull, do this:

dragonball/wish -adventure
EDIT:

Though now I'm wondering why the options only go up to "use 5%"

For the AI.

I set it up so that, in adventure mode, you can use any arbitrary fraction for your ki with ctrl+k.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:02:26 pm by Putnam »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 88