Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 320404 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (2.7.0): We are its heralds. (0.40.24)
« Reply #840 on: May 24, 2015, 02:50:10 am »

Alright, updated again. Resolved a horrific lag issue and added the Shadow Dragons as an event when you make too many wishes on the Dragon Balls.

But these are not the Shadow Dragons you know and are likely somewhat ambivalent about. No, these are much funner to program, the shadow dragons from Even Further Beyond, the second part of the fanfiction Break Through the Limit.

I will probably put info on them up on the wiki, but for now, a quick primer.

Gaia Shenron, who throws Spirit Bombs like a magma crab spits basalt.

Hades Shenron, who only has a 1/5 chance of death from fatal blows.

Hephaestus Shenron, who has power over Katchin.

Helios Shenron, a true warrior, hot as the sun.

Glacius Shenron, who freezes those who attack him.

Kronos Shenron, who has full power over time.

Alpha Shenron, the most powerful creature in the history of Dwarf Fortress modding.

If you cannot kill them all in a week, The Eternal... ends your fort, heh, sorry, I'm not fully willing to delete saves and I haven't implemented the thing itself.

Good luck.

Inkrediblex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 24, 2015, 06:43:46 pm »

Ok so, I've actually gotten the mod to work, and everything seems fine so far. (Was promptly ambushed and beaten half to death by a pack of 5/6 dingoes which allowed me to go supersaiyan and escape with my life)

My issue now is, after reading through 56 pages of the thread in hopes that i'd fine a link to a readme or helpful list of commands/features, I found none. Is there a place a casual like myself can go to find out the different commands and things i can access within this mod?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 24, 2015, 08:35:53 pm »

The reactions menu basically tells you all the useful ones, though one of them has been deprecated. Anything else is DFHack-wise.

...Wait, I should probably write something on the scouter.

killy667

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (2.7.0) (0.40.24)
« Reply #843 on: May 24, 2015, 10:40:15 pm »

I can't seem to use the "cntrl + k for ki" after this new update. Does it only work on certain races? Cause I tried namekian, majin, saiyan and legendary saiyan and none worked.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 24, 2015, 10:44:55 pm »

That was the one that was deprecated, heh. Yeah, I removed that, because I changed the ki system. I guess I forgot to remove the reaction.

killy667

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 24, 2015, 11:54:39 pm »

Also, what does the "Mediate" "Push-Up" stuff do? I've noticed you can throw the ki but it really isn't as good as kienzan?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 25, 2015, 12:13:20 am »

Unless you have temperature off, you shouldn't be able to throw the ki. It increases your various attributes, since you can't spar to train like in fort mode.

DamnTheMan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 25, 2015, 06:08:03 pm »

Okay, so I haven't played this in a while, and im too lazy to go back and look at all the changelogs so I'm asking here:

1. Where are Ki attacks?(blasts etc)
2. What do the Meditate, Do pushups and Do situps do?
3. What does screaming do?
4. Is it possible to become an Oozaru? There was a thing in the ability menu to do with it.
5. how become supper sam

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 25, 2015, 06:13:16 pm »

1. Removed due to bypassing the ki system (allowing a saibaman to kill Beerus with a lucky shot)

2. They increase your attributes by increasing some skills

3. Ought to be activating a script that checks for super saiyan, but that didn't seem to be working so I just had it check every 100 ticks anyway

4. Yeah, but only on the full moon

5. get real strong, get real mad/sad/glad, explode with power

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 26, 2015, 12:35:46 am »

Alpha Shenron, the most powerful creature in the history of Dwarf Fortress modding.
Alright, I'm interested in what crazy thing you did to make something more powerful than the already incredibly powerful things you've made. Does it spawn water then lava over all of it's enemies to instantly kill anything? Did you put all it's attributes to the point where if you put them any higher they'd reset to zero? Did you mod in a material fifty times stronger than adamantine than make it a giant blob made entirely of that material with only one body part? Did you combine the abilities of all those other shenrons together then add some crazy other one? I'm quite curious.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 26, 2015, 12:38:51 am »

She is simply stronger. She has more strength. She punches harder than any other creature. Indeed, harder than any other creature possibly can through raw modding alone. Void Banisher allows her to instantly take out of play any enemies weaker than her, which is literally everyone at this point.

Next release will have creatures up to ~100 times as strong.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 26, 2015, 12:46:31 am »

She is simply stronger. She has more strength. She punches harder than any other creature. Indeed, harder than any other creature possibly can through raw modding alone. Void Banisher allows her to instantly take out of play any enemies weaker than her, which is literally everyone at this point.

Next release will have creatures up to ~100 times as strong.
Is there any concievable way a player could defeat one of those next release creatures other than obsidianizers/freezing traps? Also do you have any way, or ideas of any ways to stop them from dying to obsidianizers/freezing traps?
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 26, 2015, 01:00:32 am »

I've included a more efficient way for saiyans to get strong. Now, super saiyan is trained by use, and you get exponentially stronger with repeated super saiyan transformations. The scouter can also handle higher power levels, and no longer is quadratic (since that was sorta redundant anyway). There is a cap to it, however. Multiple, in fact, ones that can be broken through various methods. I haven't implemented them quite yet.

To put numbers to all this: Alpha Shenron's battle power is 1,200,000,000, compared to the 1,000,000,000 of the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 4. Her master, The Eternal, who is not implemented in the current release, is 24,000,000,000.

The endgame event will be bananas, heheh. And probably should be avoided until you're sure it can be beaten! Don't overuse the dragon balls.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (2.8.0) (0.40.24)
« Reply #853 on: May 26, 2015, 07:49:56 pm »

Updated. Most powerful creature right now is 160 times as powerful as the previous best; there are no situations where she shows up, however. Super Saiyans now have a multiplier attached as well as flat boosts; this multiplier increases with repeated uses of the Super Saiyan form, so it's exponential. This makes Super Saiyan pretty much essential to become truly powerful as a saiyan; even at ludicrous base powers, super saiyan will increase power a good amount, though not as much as back when it was a straight 50x multiplier.

I really shouldn't focus on the power; I could just add more zeroes whenever I want to increase the power, seriously, the max theoretical power I can give a unit right now is 10296 times the current max.
I probably won't go up to that number. On the other hand, since I don't use a persistent configuration integer thing for ki anymore, I could always implement a sort of BiggerInt system that goes up to arbitrary levels, but 1024-bit seems a bit excessive already.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:55:24 pm by Putnam »

killy667

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (2.8.0) (0.40.24)
« Reply #854 on: May 26, 2015, 09:00:05 pm »

I'm still unsure how to use the scouter?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 88