Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 318563 times)

Saymana11

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.44, rolling releases): Half a Raditz
« Reply #1215 on: June 20, 2019, 01:02:21 pm »

Howdy gamer(s). I posted in this thread all the way back in 2015. Gee whiz that was a while ago. (I was very dumb/young.)

I love to come back and see that this mod is still in development and working, amazing. I've encountered a problem with it though. At least in adventure mode there seems to be a genuine lack of threat. As soon as you achieve SSJ1 or even just train your guy up to have SSJ attributes, you can pretty much knock the head off of most anything in a single punch. Am I missing something?

With the way Dwarf Fortress works, I imagine it may be difficult to have super powerful threats that are properly dangerous roaming the world?

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 22, 2019, 02:01:07 pm »

I was wonder what transformations actually do. I cannot tell any difference between base form and super saiyan. I dont hit any harder, physically speaking it doesnt increase the force of any given attack. I admit I could be mistaken but I am sure you will see what I mean if you try it yourself. Am I just missing something? ???

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: June 23, 2019, 11:01:22 pm »

I was wonder what transformations actually do. I cannot tell any difference between base form and super saiyan. I dont hit any harder, physically speaking it doesnt increase the force of any given attack. I admit I could be mistaken but I am sure you will see what I mean if you try it yourself. Am I just missing something? ???

Should be increasing the force, approx. 7 times as much. Won't show in the punch menu cause it's modified as the attack is happening.

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 24, 2019, 06:54:33 am »

1: I dont really comprehend what that means lol what would be 7 times more force?
2: Is there any body variation with saiyans? when I am making an adventurer it never refers to having a big body with large muscle ect Do they vary but not have words that describe it?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: June 25, 2019, 03:19:21 am »

1. literally i multiply the velocity of a given attack by sqrt(attacker_ki/defender_ki). super saiyan multiplies ki by ~50, gping down as base form is trained more (though it's never less than a doubling). I use square root cause I multiply accuracy by the same amount.
2. they do have variance and there SHOULD be words

stairmaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: July 02, 2019, 05:07:40 pm »

Frivolous question: But  how do you get saiyans to properly transform if you're messing around in the arena? Less firvolous: Is it possible to make instant tranmission not teleport you right next to the target?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: July 03, 2019, 01:54:54 am »

1. no idea. arena's funky
2. yes, though you'd have to edit the code

stairmaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: July 04, 2019, 11:19:58 am »

If I revive someone with the dragon balls do they retain curses such as werebeast?

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 08, 2019, 10:53:14 pm »

Can you make wrestling grips strength scale with bp? So I can grapple a large animal without them always breaking the grip.

Wardley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 09, 2019, 07:38:50 pm »

If I recall correctly, you can only wrestle things that are similar or smaller in size than you are. I'm pretty sure wrestling is based off of total mass, rather than strength.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: August 11, 2019, 06:22:00 am »

Can you make wrestling grips strength scale with bp? So I can grapple a large animal without them always breaking the grip.

If I knew how it'd already be done, I think.

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 18, 2019, 10:13:46 pm »

If I knew how it'd already be done, I think.
Makes sense lol. Any ideas on what sort of things you would want to add to the next update?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #1227 on: September 23, 2019, 05:36:42 am »

Reading power levels and instant transformation doesn't work for me. I have DF installed and put in the scripts from the mod. How do I fix this?

Wardley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: September 24, 2019, 07:57:53 pm »

Reading power levels and instant transformation doesn't work for me. I have DF installed and put in the scripts from the mod. How do I fix this?
Did you make sure to install DFHack?

Nepptu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 09, 2019, 01:01:14 pm »

This post was about having Whis train you in Adventure Mode, but I've edited it after my recent findings, which are below.

Edit: I've found out that spamming the potara script is kinda broken in adventure mode. Basically, I used DFHack to get 2 earrings made of Potara, an inorganic material. I'm pretty sure all you need is an item made of Potara in your inventory to fuse, so I bodyswapped with a nearby farmer and had him grab the second earring. I went back to my original adventurer, entered the dragonball/potara in DFHack, and.. didn't fuse. I tried wearing the earrings too.

I'm still kinda confused about it, but it appears the potara fusion script increases your stats... exponentially. I went from only being a Super Saiyan, and after inputting the script 3 times, I got to Super Saiyan 2. However, I never actually fused with the farmer who also had a potara earring. I decided to keep spamming it, and..

"Hello, (name). I am Whis, attendant to Lord Beerus the Destroyer. I've been watching you with interest and have decided to offer my teaching to you in god ki."
This confirms that Super Saiyan God is possible in adventure mode, and after accepting the request I immediately learned SSJ3, SSJG, and SSJB. Pretty sweet. Sorry for how long this is, I wanted to tell everyone else who was curious about Potara fusion, Super Saiyan God, and increasing your stats quickly in adventure mode. I do *not* know if the Potara earrings are necessary to increase your stats.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 02:50:20 pm by Nepptu »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 88