Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Post your weird moments in exploring DF 2012!  (Read 13577 times)

Red

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post your weird moments in exploring DF 2012!
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 10:14:49 pm »

My latest adventurer (a one-legged swordsman) was walking through the largest city in the region with the assistance of his newly-found crutch when I came across a interesting scene. Apparently a pikeman had done something that had made him an enemy of the civilization that owned the town. He was promptly attacked by a nearby merchant aided by a flock of chickens. Several chickens were killed, but they managed to give the pikeman a rather impressive number of wounds before the merchant ran off, nursing several injuries of his own.

I love Dwarf Fortress.

Edit: I killed the pikeman after a short battle and then left to visit a shop. I returned a bit later to try to investigate the incident. I walked into the store next to where I had originally fought the pikeman and found two slain dwarves. Guessing that they had been killed by the pikeman (he bragged about a couple kills during our fight) I passed through the door to the backroom of the shop. I found a third corpse, this one human, and was attacked by a spearman who had been hiding inside. He managed to kill me after a brief battle.

I looked through legends and found a something weird. Both the pikeman and spearman had been killed by previous adventurers of mine or, rather, two people with the exact same names had been killed (both had duplicate entries in legends). 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:46:00 pm by Red »

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Post your weird moments in exploring DF 2012!
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 10:20:59 pm »

When I made a glazed statue, I noticed this in the description:

"This is a well-crafted earthenware statue of dwarves.
The item is a well-designed image of two dwarves in earthenware by Tulom Zelerogem.
It is glazed with oval tin glazed cabochons."

Oval cabochons is, of course, a gem cut...

This is because cassiterite has [IS_STONE], and stones can now be cut like gems into certain shapes, so when you glaze something, it gets a shape like it was a gem.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 2 [3]