Dwarf Fortress > DF General Discussion

Future of the Fortress

(1/2073) > >>

Toady One:
Development log
Development page

The purpose of the thread is to discuss current developments.  Specific bugs should be reported on the bug tracker, and specific suggestions belong for the most part in the suggestion forum.  Questions and comments about the development page or DF development somewhat more broadly work here, though any contentious topics that lead to derails are discouraged -- there are threads for those too.

If you have specific questions, I'll try to answer them all, although it is difficult to respond to everything when it is busy.  I'll lean toward questions that involve current developments to avoid pulling the entire suggestion forum in here.  In the past, we've all found the practice of making questions limegreen works pretty well.  You do that like this:

--- Code: ---[color=limegreen]making questions limegreen[/color]

--- End code ---

Toady One:
The last reply from the last thread:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84398.msg2988807#msg2988807

We're going to be starting up the bug-fixing soon, and at some point during that process we'll also be settling exactly what the next new features will be.  We'll update the dev page once we know!

thvaz:
Sadly you haven't time for random vampires. It was one of the features I thought was really cool.

No problem, I think this is still your greatest release by far. There isn't a lot of bugs (though it needs a bit of balance...) and almost no game breaking bugs!

I hope you find time to fine tune some of the new vampires. Vampires in adventure mode almost scream they are vampires. Werewolves shouldn't be found easily in their human form...and sewers shouldn't be depopulated when their denizens die of old age.

nukularpower:
Thanks for all the hard work!

My question:
Are there any plans to implement a relatively easier way to handle zombies in Fortress mode such as a weapon material weakness, or a type of fire weapon such as a torch that doesn't set fire to terrain, or whatever else? Because I'm not sure how it's intended to be done right now - With how they revive about 10 seconds after death, there isnt even enough time to drag them to a modded "crematorium" or some such thing before you have to kill them again.. and then again.. and then again...

Also, and just IMO, it seems like there are way too many animal men and giant animals lately.. animal men are amusing but it would be nice to see normal animals sometimes too!

Thanks again for the awesome release otherwise!  Looking forward to all the possibilities these new features open up.

Cruxador:

--- Quote from: nukularpower on February 15, 2012, 02:02:04 am ---Thanks for all the hard work!

My question:
Are there any plans to implement a relatively easier way to handle zombies in Fortress mode such as a weapon material weakness, or a type of fire weapon such as a torch that doesn't set fire to terrain, or whatever else? Because I'm not sure how it's intended to be done right now - With how they revive about 10 seconds after death, there isnt even enough time to drag them to a modded "crematorium" or some such thing before you have to kill them again.. and then again.. and then again...
--- End quote ---
Depending on your zombie source, there are two possible solutions: Kill the necromancer, or stay out of evil areas.

--- Quote ---Also, and just IMO, it seems like there are way too many animal men and giant animals lately.. animal men are amusing but it would be nice to see normal animals sometimes too!

Thanks again for the awesome release otherwise!  Looking forward to all the possibilities these new features open up.

--- End quote ---
I agree that deviant creatures could be toned down a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version