Dwarf Fortress > DF General Discussion

Future of the Fortress

<< < (2073/2242) > >>

BlackFlyme:
Unless how transformations work has been changed, you can only transform creatures into other creatures. You would have to settle for making a custom 'meat tree' creature.

Creating offspring is possible in a sort of way, but in the current version they will either behave like mindless zombies or retain their spawner's loyalties, depending on how they are set up.

Eric Blank:

--- Quote from: Wimopy on April 23, 2014, 02:54:09 pm ---
--- Quote from: Eric Blank on April 23, 2014, 01:43:16 pm ---I actually made a parasitic wasp creature that reproduces by laying eggs in large animals. Like people. Still very buggy; currently the best I've come up with is transforming the victim into the "offspring" of the wasp, which neither kills the victim in a spectacularly cruel manner nor creates a new creature. I've had problems getting creatures spawned from parts that fall off and are resurrected/reanimated not wanting to get along with their parents (the wasp that stung the victim that they emerge from)

A way to produce entirely new creatures by having them emerge from body parts would be awesome for this purpose. Currently there is no way to get new bodyparts on a creature except to transform them into another creature/caste that has the desired body parts. We just can't have proper evil parasitic monsters yet  :'(

--- End quote ---
[/spoiler]
Would it be possible with the upcoming version to turn the victim of stings into trees made of meat that produce the offspring for the wasp? Pretty sure the producing offspring part is possible, dunno about turning the victim into a tree. Offspring loyalty still questionable...
No idea really, never tried modding. Seems like there's far more possibilities than I thought at first, maybe I might look into it some day.

--- End quote ---

Uhh... no. :o
There is no way to turn a creature into a plant, made of meat or not, and I highly doubt the new version is going to have one, somehow. Even then, the fruit the tree produces would not be valid targets for reanimation/resurrection because they're just inanimate food stuff rather than corpses/body parts of a living creature. If you mean turning them into a creature called a tree or something with body parts that rot and fall off to be resurrected, that's exactly what I tried, the offspring most certainly do not get along with their mum.

Technically, DFhack can do practically everything we want. But resorting to DFhack for everything is silly, especially for those of us who don't have a damn clue how to write a script.

Mr S:
Which now pitches me headlong down the rabbit hole of plant  growth allegiances.

I imagine throwing an orange into the tree it grew from, "killing" said orange, and watching as all of the orange trees, oranges and orange products descend into a loyalty cascade.

wierd:
Appropos

WillowLuman:
Spoiler: Oz (click to show/hide)Anyone else ever notice that the scarecrow is holding a gun when they're off to the witch's castle?

Can't wait until we can get fruit-chucking in adventure mode, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version