Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3735636 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #10950 on: June 13, 2014, 08:03:44 am »

On the topic of blood, I highly hope that blood drinking become less of a thing because it's weird to contemplate a person walking around drenched in blood and satisfying their thirst by licking the blood off their body.

Actually, it sounds like something an elf would do. Like, seriously.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #10951 on: June 13, 2014, 08:05:02 am »

On the topic of blood, I highly hope that blood drinking become less of a thing because it's weird to contemplate a person walking around drenched in blood and satisfying their thirst by licking the blood off their body.
What do you mean, Objective? Do you have a problem with my lifestyle?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10952 on: June 13, 2014, 08:10:20 am »

I always found amusing that you can live for days drinking the blood over your eyelids.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

blazing glory

« Reply #10953 on: June 13, 2014, 08:21:26 am »

Actually, it sounds like something an elf would do. Like, seriously.

Well,unlike Tolkien elves,DF elves eat sentient's and aren't wise so much as blindly stupid.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10954 on: June 13, 2014, 08:22:15 am »

And a good replacement for fossil fuels.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Sephimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10955 on: June 13, 2014, 08:23:48 am »

On the topic of getting drunk from drinking blood of a drunk person:
Dwarfen vampires don't get drunk from drinking dwarfen blood, do they?

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10956 on: June 13, 2014, 08:24:27 am »

I just have an irrational, and instinctive impulse when people mention how unrealistic a game is. It is not like you can see anything or have to do anything yourself X3

What is the point of suspension of disbelief if there is nothing to disbelieve?

blazing glory

« Reply #10957 on: June 13, 2014, 08:38:30 am »

On the topic of getting drunk from drinking blood of a drunk person:
Dwarfen vampires don't get drunk from drinking dwarfen blood, do they?

Surprisingly not,considering that a Dwarf's blood is 90% alcohol,though that would be a good way to fix the whole vampires not drinking beer.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10959 on: June 13, 2014, 08:58:24 am »

This should clarify all questions about drinking the blood of someone drunk.

BUT!! What if we got drunk and drank our own blood? Or heck, if we drunk our own blood sober, would any of the other effects happen?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10960 on: June 13, 2014, 09:43:36 am »

I'm guessing it would be all the same less the next to nonexistent alcohol intoxication. In any case apparently you can't drink more than a gallon of blood (don't know if it's only blood or liquids in general, I'm inclined to the second guess) without puking, so...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: June 13, 2014, 10:26:56 am »

Weren't we just talking about a page ago about the contaminants which prevents exactly this?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #10962 on: June 13, 2014, 11:10:45 am »

Weren't we just talking about a page ago about the contaminants which prevents exactly this?
It's Deja Vu of the Fortress lately.  :P The XKCD link's also been posted yesterday.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: June 13, 2014, 11:25:03 am »

I wonder how much of a DF fan the author of xkcd is, and I'm sure many of his readers are as well.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: June 13, 2014, 11:46:32 am »

Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 748