Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3735479 times)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #10965 on: June 13, 2014, 01:24:14 pm »

I think it might be a viable way for dwarven vampires to get alcohol though. I mean, they're smaller than humans and probably have less blood but drink BARRELS of booze that are quite strong too.
I wonder if that's what Toady added... it would be far more interesting to lose that way to identify vampires (I'm a Fun lover.)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10966 on: June 13, 2014, 01:25:29 pm »

Dwarves have larger livers than normal (1.5x the relative size).

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10967 on: June 13, 2014, 01:53:26 pm »

@Putnam your avatar is annoying me. Not only does it change randomly I feel like I recognize half of the picture but for the life of me can't place them.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10968 on: June 13, 2014, 01:57:55 pm »

They're all from Ace Combat 3. They might look familiar because the character design and cutscenes in that game were by Production I.G and had some heavy (seriously, theme venn diagram's got a big midsection) inspiration from Ghost in the Shell.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10969 on: June 13, 2014, 09:55:12 pm »

@Putnam your avatar is annoying me. Not only does it change randomly I feel like I recognize half of the picture but for the life of me can't place them.
I am on the same page as you pal.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10970 on: June 17, 2014, 03:44:47 am »

So I was making a post on crops about how if planted at the end of their growing period crops that are only active for part of the year can disappear if they don't mature in time and started wondering if this bug/issue was addressed fixed in the upcoming release as the above ground plants have been expanded on/overhauled?

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10971 on: June 17, 2014, 07:28:43 am »

So I was making a post on crops about how if planted at the end of their growing period crops that are only active for part of the year can disappear if they don't mature in time and started wondering if this bug/issue was addressed fixed in the upcoming release as the above ground plants have been expanded on/overhauled?
The disappearing part sounds like an intended feature, the issue seems to be that one has to manually tell growers to stop planting them. Which is pretty annoying, I agree.
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

Sephimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10972 on: June 17, 2014, 07:41:09 am »

yes, but its also a pretty minor bug...

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10973 on: June 17, 2014, 08:44:36 am »

yes, but its also a pretty minor bug...
Assuming you can get your planters to plant with reasonable priority, it is only an issue the first year a farm plot is in use.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10974 on: June 17, 2014, 11:55:06 am »

... I have no problem with crops disappearing when then would grow into next season, I was more interested in whether the dwarves would be intelligent enough not to cause it anymore by something like suspending planting.

That depends on your planters skill level and availability of seeds. If you are only getting seeds through herbalism not being able to lose them because of something like this would be nice.

Either way it isn't really a big deal, and I was just curious if the behaviour had been changed because of the additions to plants is the new release.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10975 on: June 17, 2014, 12:41:08 pm »

NO

At least I don't recall anything about it :)
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10976 on: June 18, 2014, 12:41:21 pm »

You can avoid that thing by having the next season on that plot be fallow and have a crop rotation thing going on with a second plot being planted while one is left fallow.

Of course though, once your planters skill gets high enough, you'll have a significant surplus. As others said, it's really only an issue during the first year.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10977 on: June 18, 2014, 03:11:38 pm »

I've run into the disappearing crops issue, and I've had it screw me over pretty good, eating all of a type of seed and leaving me to wait until the third year to plant again, because the caravan didn't bring any more the first year. It's annoying, and it can be worked around if you're careful.

In my case, I only plant crops with limited seasonal growth for one season, if the crop grows in two seasons, or for two seasons if the crop grows for three. I also dedicate each farm plot to one crop only, as in my experience the disappearing crop issue happens most often in plots that are set to have a different crop grow in the next season.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10978 on: June 19, 2014, 10:30:46 pm »

Since the issue fixing and testing phase is wrapping up, heres a bit of a question just for fun:

What was the most fun (not neccesarily the !!!FUN!!! or RAAGGEE fun type, maybe you simply had fun messing with it) bug/issue for you to fix? Or maybe the one with the silliest results while trying to fix.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 10:48:43 pm by smjjames »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10979 on: June 19, 2014, 11:07:17 pm »

122 issues at the start of the month, 35 left means he's been going at a rate of a bit over 6 per day, which means at current trucking rate we could see new DF in 6-7 days...
Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 748