Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3735724 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #10995 on: June 20, 2014, 02:35:21 pm »

That would be interesting if your fortress affected the hill sites or their growth.

And fairs sound fun as that seems close to holidays. It will be nice in the far future when you enter a festival and wonder if you are the lucky target of whatever good or bad tradition the revelers have.
The festival's dancing and music pause as you enter the courtyard.
"Praise Armok!  The sauce has arrived!"
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10996 on: June 20, 2014, 02:37:42 pm »

In the devlog the "* Replace dwarf mode generated caravans with actual caravans" is still white. As I understands for this release caravans will be real caravans coming and going from real places and not "generated". Or am I wrong?

I would very much like economy to be tackled next.

With the FIFA world cup going on and all, I wonder, It's planed to have some sports at regional levels at least? Obviously not football but things like festivals with various competitions, for example hand to hand combats, archery, jousting, etc... for money, positions in a court or other rewards held every X amount of time or exponentially or times of plentiful or need?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 02:42:22 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #10997 on: June 20, 2014, 02:40:43 pm »

In the devlog the "* Replace dwarf mode generated caravans with actual caravans" is still white. As I understands for this release caravans will be real caravans coming and going from real places and not "generated". Or am I wrong?
I'm pretty sure it's just armies and refugees for now.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10998 on: June 20, 2014, 02:54:30 pm »

With the FIFA world cup going on and all, I wonder, It's planed to have some sports at regional levels at least? Obviously not football but things like festivals with various competitions, for example hand to hand combats, archery, jousting, etc... for money, positions in a court or other rewards held every X amount of time or exponentially or times of plentiful or need?

Arena sports have come up a lot:
Bloat233, ARENAS, (Future): Fight for food or money, stuff can be on chains or just waiting inside. Various associated industries.

PowerGoal41, THE ARENA, (Future): You read the schedule of the stadium's coming attractions, including wrestling, spear-throwing, full-armored combat and man versus beast.

PowerGoal67, THE LOCAL ARENA, (Future): You are in charge of taking the bets for the local arena. Somebody loses all their farm animals on a fight, and you have to collect the debt.

PowerGoal113, DIVINE INTERVENTION, (Future): You are playing goblin ball in the arena when your son yells "dad! dad! goal! goal!". Your son had been praying all day just so that you would win. Your kick is short, but the god Markad manifests and finishes the kick.

They are also the subject of a ThreeToe story.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10999 on: June 20, 2014, 03:43:09 pm »

Ohhh I searched for jousting, festival, sports but not for arena... silly me.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11000 on: June 20, 2014, 03:45:57 pm »

Goblin ball? I wonder what the rules for that might be...
._.

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11001 on: June 20, 2014, 09:44:35 pm »

I bet they're related to Scream Ball own rules, as much as soccer is related to rugby.
Quote from: Dev_single
PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #11002 on: June 21, 2014, 09:39:09 am »

*Sniffs derisively*

If you'd ever even bothered to read the Hobbit, you'd know you are referring to Golf.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11003 on: June 21, 2014, 09:43:57 am »

PowerGoal67, THE LOCAL ARENA, (Future): You are in charge of taking the bets for the local arena. Somebody loses all their farm animals on a fight, and you have to collect the debt.
I see where this is going...
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11004 on: June 21, 2014, 03:31:04 pm »

PowerGoal113, DIVINE INTERVENTION, (Future): You are playing goblin ball in the arena when your son yells "dad! dad! goal! goal!". Your son had been praying all day just so that you would win. Your kick is short, but the god Markad manifests and finishes the kick.

Honestly if this happened in a game... I would probably count it as interference.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11005 on: June 21, 2014, 07:29:46 pm »

Honestly if this happened in a game... I would probably count it as interference.

And incur the wrath of a God? Nah, that'd be a bad idea.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11006 on: June 22, 2014, 12:23:25 am »

It's not interference, He's a force of nature.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11007 on: June 22, 2014, 12:27:49 am »

And incur the wrath of a God? Nah, that'd be a bad idea.

The crowd falls silent as the ball hits the ground, moving slowly and obviously doomed to fall short of the goal. However, in just moments the stadium erupts into cheers and applause as, instead of slowing to a halt, the ball accelerates towards the goal. The Referee whistles, and is in the middle of calling out the interference by the gods when the ball rebounds off the head of one of the chained, goblin goalkeepers - (bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!) - and rockets in the direction of the now, terrified referee. (the severed part sails off in an arc!).

Content with the bloodshed, Armok guides the ball rolling back to the goal, and victory is claimed.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 09:13:16 am by Aninimouse »
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #11008 on: June 22, 2014, 08:57:39 am »

Imagine the Basketball.

Bloodyball.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11009 on: June 22, 2014, 05:13:55 pm »

Cue a Blood Bowl mod.
Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 748