Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3728970 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #5460 on: February 25, 2013, 10:27:37 am »

I guess one could always hire "bodyguards" or become good friend of a huge guy that lacks pro-activity but is good at fighting.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: February 25, 2013, 10:52:56 am »

Agreements:

Will we still get wandering adventurers whose only goals in life are to follow you around and kill things that attack you die in your place while you kill everything else, with the new agreement system?

Fixed :)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: February 25, 2013, 10:53:36 am »

Agreements:

Will we still get wandering adventurers whose only goals in life are to follow you around and kill things that attack you die in your place while you kill everything else, with the new agreement system?

Greenbean'd!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: February 25, 2013, 01:44:02 pm »

According to that document, love and romance will begin being implemented in greater detail one short arc after the army arc.

Oh! I was familiar with the document, but I did not realize that the ordering of the arcs on that page also represented the ordering of their implementation, at least as planned by Toady at that time. Is that really the case?

No. It wasn't when it was a valid design document, and now that it was replaced by another document, it is even less so.

Whoops.  I saw the caravan and army arc next to each other and assumed all the arcs were all in order.  Reading the list again its obviously not the case.

On agreements, will our adventurers' fame and social skills still determine how well they can get people to follow them?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: February 25, 2013, 02:20:06 pm »

I think it will have something to do. Don't know if actual numbers would depend upon it but my guts tell me that eventually those skills will at least make easier to convince them without resorting to money or other things.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: February 25, 2013, 10:00:08 pm »

Agreements:

Greenbean'd!

C'mon, guys, I know we had a whole homosexuality/relationship derail in there but it's still only two days ago!

So companions will be more fleshed out and needing reasons, but hopefully we can still have fire-forged friends who will follow you to the HFS and back.

Yeah, I'm definitely leaving room in the companion link for this so that an association can outlive the original agreement.  Zach and I were discussing the post-insurrection period yesterday, where you'd essentially have a chat with all your partners and see who's up for Stage 2 of the adventuring life, and at that point personality might come up as much as anything, without the "but my profession is X so I'd rather not" part getting in the way of everything.  So if you recruit 20, 12 survive and you keep 4 after the talk, they might stick around forever since it is deep-rooted in their mindset.  We can work on further bonds of friendship and so on after that.

Though I'm pretty sure they aren't so much "wandering adventurers" as they are "bored soldiers looking for a quick, glorious death."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: February 26, 2013, 01:04:20 am »

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Will we be able to confuse people in conversation?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: February 26, 2013, 01:32:18 am »

Wait!  Everyone, stop fighting!  I have something important to tell you!

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

*confused looks from everyone*

*stab*
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BinaryBeast1010011010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: February 26, 2013, 10:00:30 am »

remember that fine documentary, entitled "ethel the frog"...

"This was largely due to his merciless use of sarcasm, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and satire."
cant stop playing DF?
 : (){ :|:& };:

Whatsifsowhatsit

• Bay Watcher
  • Big geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: February 27, 2013, 02:16:09 am »

Newest update sounds interesting and... I don't know, sophisticated. Not the part of the update I'm most excited about, but still nice to hear about the way it's going to work.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: February 27, 2013, 03:23:57 am »

Newest update sounds interesting and... I don't know, sophisticated. Not the part of the update I'm most excited about, but still nice to hear about the way it's going to work.
Being able to have meaningful military achievements isn't exciting to you?

Whatsifsowhatsit

• Bay Watcher
  • Big geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: February 27, 2013, 05:48:17 am »

Being able to have meaningful military achievements isn't exciting to you?
It is, just not as exciting as some of the other stuff (e.g. multitile trees). I'm weird I know.

BinaryBeast1010011010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: February 27, 2013, 05:54:56 am »

I agree with you. The minecart update was something I could not wait for. From what I understand in the future adventure mode will get all the improvments while fort mode will have to wait for them to "trickle" down?
I dont play much adventure mode because I find it a bit shallow, but this is going to change (less time to dedicate to fort mode and all those new shiny things in adv mode)
cant stop playing DF?
 : (){ :|:& };:

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: February 27, 2013, 07:56:55 am »

Will the results of the decisions the entity make related to the death of an overlord lead to an variable outcome?

For example, the death of the overlord could trigger a new overlord chosen from inside the invading force if there is another historical member with a claim near it, or the abandonment of the conquered village if there isn't.

This way, we couldn't be sure if killing the overlord would always result in the liberation of the site, though it would be likely.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: February 27, 2013, 08:12:35 am »

From what I understood, in this release killing the leader makes the occupation force leave, however he's already put in place a mechanism where later, killing the leader makes the occupation force either leave or something else (like simply choosing a new leader), depending on other things.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 748