Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3714696 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #555 on: March 11, 2012, 06:09:06 am »

Next release is going to be awesome. Any idea of when it's going to be released ?

April 27, 2012, at 9:14 US Western Time.

Assuming you are not being sarcastic, I was expecting something sooner.
He was being sarcastic. The actual answer is "No".

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 11, 2012, 10:38:16 am »

"When your dwarf caravan leaves, your civ now picks up a small portion of what you have learned about animal training for future forts"

EDIT: sorry, there was a problem with your civ & you mixup. Question removed, but is quoted below.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:34:50 am by Kogut »
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 11, 2012, 11:21:26 am »

"When your dwarf caravan leaves, your civ now picks up a small portion of what you have learned about animal training for future forts"

Why caravan leaving your fort rather than arriving? Is it supposed to encourage lowering mortality of traders or maybe it was just added to caravan_leaving_map function? And - is it "leaves" as in "alive caravan leaves map" or "caravan leaves trade depot"?

Everything the civ finds out about your fortress is done when the trade caravan leaves, even presently. If the traders didn't safely return home, how would the mountainhomes find out anything you've done?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 11, 2012, 01:58:15 pm »

The traders have satellite phones?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 11, 2012, 02:06:01 pm »

No, it's that one surviving, crippled dwarf that drags themselves back to the Mountainhome, collapsing in the arms of their fellow dwarves as they arrive. And with a gasp, his last words are "They've weaponized......carp. AARRRGGGGGHHHH!!"
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 12, 2012, 02:06:05 am »

Toady is atom smashing nobles! Now it was the Tax Collector.

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 12, 2012, 03:43:54 am »

This has probably been asked a dozen times before, but what is the status of getting dwarves to wear clothes again? Dwarves running around completely naked after the clothes they turn up in fall to pieces has been an issue for a while now.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 12, 2012, 03:54:03 am »

This has probably been asked a dozen times before, but what is the status of getting dwarves to wear clothes again? Dwarves running around completely naked after the clothes they turn up in fall to pieces has been an issue for a while now.

The status is the same, the bug is still around, but you can see which bugs are fixed for the next version here. Greening questions are for questions about DF development only, not for requesting bugfixes.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:04:20 am by thvaz »

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 12, 2012, 07:52:18 am »

Holy whoah, I'm a little late on this one but I just realized the significance of fixing animals that were tamed after they killed a dwarf.

That bug's been around since the goddamn Boatmurdered days. Sweet armok, that's an awesome fix.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 12, 2012, 08:13:24 am »

Toady do you plan to change the way war/hunting animals are assigned to dwarves?
Right now it is not possible to select what kind of animal the dwarf will get, whether it is War Dog or a War Dragon for example.
Quote from: devlog
You can pick specific war/hunting animals for assignment

Awesome!  :)
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

rex mortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 12, 2012, 09:02:27 am »

I can have a champion with his very own war dragon? I will have to experiment on estimated champion lifespan under these circumstances.
Because death is peaceful and magma is lovely.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 12, 2012, 02:12:55 pm »

I can have a champion with his very own war dragon? I will have to experiment on estimated champion lifespan under these circumstances.

*dragon breathes fire
*champion fails to parry for some dumb reason
*Urist McLegendaryAxedwarf has bled to death
*cue player rage

Ves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 12, 2012, 06:45:44 pm »

Now that's what I call...

A case of Friendly Fire!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 12, 2012, 07:04:25 pm »

Now that's what I call...

A case of Friendly Fire!

*glasses* YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 12, 2012, 07:27:23 pm »

While we are still harping on this topic, I'm personally of the same camp that says that this exotic animal taming system is a positive step forward for DF, but at the same time, that the Dungeon Master wasn't a terribly annoying bug, and it wasn't hard to "fix" the problem by simply making it appointed by the mayor so I could just appoint my own Dungeon Master.  As such, there are other priorities I would have rather Toady worked upon first.  Especially when it comes to the more seriously game-crippling problems of micromanagement for lack of decent controls like Standing Orders, lack of ability to re-stack items, or carry more than one item at a time, or throw away trash clothing, which are far more basic features or bug fixes necessary for the foundation of the game.

With that said, however, discussions about the ways in which the exotic pets can be grouped set me to making another suggestion on the matter
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 748