Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3734752 times)

runiq

• Bay Watcher
  • Jabber: runiq at draugr dot de
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art account.
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #585 on: March 13, 2012, 02:57:39 am »

Quote from: Immacolata
Are there any grand plans for how Fortress Mode stockpiles are managed, or some kind of visual identifier, UI something, Grand View? Anything that will make it a sporadic plan-as-you-go player feel more empowered when handling stockpiles?

We are going to do a hauling overhaul as part of this cycle of bugfix releases.  That is going to intersect stockpiles, but I don't know if it's going to cover exactly what you want.

I am definitely intrigued.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 13, 2012, 03:18:22 am »

Quote from: Immacolata
Are there any grand plans for how Fortress Mode stockpiles are managed, or some kind of visual identifier, UI something, Grand View? Anything that will make it a sporadic plan-as-you-go player feel more empowered when handling stockpiles?

We are going to do a hauling overhaul as part of this cycle of bugfix releases.  That is going to intersect stockpiles, but I don't know if it's going to cover exactly what you want.

it's sounding like Toady enjoys his new bugfix method of fixing broken systems by changing them...

on that note, the next release will probably cause great rejoicing among the community.

runiq

• Bay Watcher
  • Jabber: runiq at draugr dot de
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art account.
« Reply #587 on: March 13, 2012, 03:21:35 am »

it's sounding like Toady enjoys his new bugfix method of fixing broken systems by changing them...

on that note, the next release will probably cause great rejoicing among the community.

Absolutely. I'd never have thought I'd be okay with waiting longer for a bugfix release of all things.

Rock on, Toady!

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 13, 2012, 03:33:51 am »

I now understand the massive wait before this update, Toady was simply preparing for a great string of epic updates...

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #589 on: March 13, 2012, 04:03:58 am »

Good! Those claimed socks of dead dwarves were really getting on my nerves! Bughunt is best hunt.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 13, 2012, 04:20:28 am »

Great news Toady.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 13, 2012, 05:20:07 am »

What I like most about Toady working on the clothing bugs is that it actually gives a clothing industry reason to exist besides making and decorating socks for trade or uniform parts for soldiers.  It'll also make the tons and tons of cloth the elves like to bring actually useful.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 13, 2012, 05:51:56 am »

Clothing bug fixed? Too injured spam fixed? Unused, owned items on floor fixed? :) Thanks!
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 13, 2012, 05:54:50 am »

I would guess (hope) we're looking at least at part of the Hauling Improvements part of the Dev Page there. That would be the first stab at the Eternal Suggestions Voting items then.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 13, 2012, 06:02:14 am »

These bugfix releases is just getting better and better! Haven't been this excited for any of the larger updates (except maybe the z-level thing, but it's been a while now).

New features is nice and all but the bugs and awkward workarounds were really adding up.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 13, 2012, 06:20:07 am »

I would guess (hope) we're looking at least at part of the Hauling Improvements part of the Dev Page there. That would be the first stab at the Eternal Suggestions Voting items then.

Not really. The underground revamp at 31.01 was part of the Eternal Suggestion Voting. Maybe there are others.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #596 on: March 13, 2012, 07:03:14 am »

My reaction to reading the new devlog:

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #597 on: March 13, 2012, 07:47:35 am »

Clothing bug fixed? Too injured spam fixed? Unused, owned items on floor fixed? :) Thanks!

Yeah, that is one hell of a great fix.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #598 on: March 13, 2012, 08:41:10 am »

Also I would like to see the elves sending back their diplomats. So I can catch and tame large amounts of exotics when they siege me.

That, at least, can be easily fixed with modding.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #599 on: March 13, 2012, 09:11:31 am »

So a "masterfully trained" animal will have "masterfull trained" children

Is it the mother or father's training status passed on, or some amalgam of both?
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 748