Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3715147 times)

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #6765 on: June 10, 2013, 10:08:33 pm »

No worries - this is the place to ask this stuff.  Just be prepared for people to answer the HELL out of your question!
where is up?

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: June 10, 2013, 11:56:39 pm »

Wouldn't tantrums be non-lethal, ideally?

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: June 11, 2013, 12:38:34 am »

Wouldn't tantrums be non-lethal, ideally?

I dunno, I kind of like the mental image that my dwarves are all potentially murderous psychopaths who are always a bad day away from from losing it and going on a rampage, kept in check only by a REALLY nice dining room.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: June 11, 2013, 12:46:50 am »

Well sure, the tantruming dwarf would make wild and powerful attacks. But that's par for the course for a dwarf, and not an excuse to kill one. Unless it can't be helped of course.

Also, tantrum spirals are planned to be nerfed.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: June 11, 2013, 12:56:48 am »

So does this mean that fishing is a low priority job now?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: June 11, 2013, 02:39:28 am »

Also I'm pretty sure somebody already asked the hammerer one, and the answer was something like "no, that shit's supposed to be lethal." Too lazy to find a quote OR do a better imitation of Toady's voice.

This, and just to emphasize I'd just like to add my crayon reward (since it's completely awesome!) ^^

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: June 11, 2013, 03:19:22 am »

Oh wow.  I'd always imagined they hammered the chest.  Are the dwarves at the bottom cheering or pleading for clemency?
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: June 11, 2013, 03:22:31 am »

Oh wow.  I'd always imagined they hammered the chest.  Are the dwarves at the bottom cheering or pleading for clemency?

My guess would be cheering ^^

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: June 11, 2013, 03:47:04 am »

A mix of both, I'd say, seeing as immediately after the fort will descend into a tantrum spiral.

Say, if hammering is supposed to be lethal, that makes all nobles draconian prissy dictators who order the most skilled and valuable craftsdwarves killed for failing to produce 100 adamantine condoms.

Are less draconian punishments planned for failed production orders, or will Dwarven nobles always be Vlad the Impaler? Since we're getting non-lethal combat in this release, it sounds like flogging is not too far around the corner.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:51:14 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: June 11, 2013, 09:22:02 am »

A mix of both, I'd say, seeing as immediately after the fort will descend into a tantrum spiral.

Say, if hammering is supposed to be lethal, that makes all nobles draconian prissy dictators who order the most skilled and valuable craftsdwarves killed for failing to produce 100 adamantine condoms.

Are less draconian punishments planned for failed production orders, or will Dwarven nobles always be Vlad the Impaler? Since we're getting non-lethal combat in this release, it sounds like flogging is not too far around the corner.

Right now for production orders the game prefers to had out jail time, but if there is no open prison space they default to hammer time. SO they aren't exactly nuts but things can escalate quickly.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: June 11, 2013, 09:24:28 am »

My guess would be cheering ^^

See, I thought, like me, the dwarf would be incredulous at the manner of the hammering.

For the love of Armok, not the head!  Not again!

Sorry, end of off-topic for me.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: June 11, 2013, 11:59:19 am »

I don't know...the hammerer always ends up hitting random spots. I kinda figured they played pinata with the prisoner.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: June 11, 2013, 12:09:39 pm »

As it seems the dwarf being punished is usually doing something at the time of his beating, it always looks like a hilariously lethal Benny Hill skit to me.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: June 11, 2013, 12:21:36 pm »

It never ceases to amaze me how often Benny Hill is brought up on Bay12.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: June 11, 2013, 12:50:29 pm »

Right now, due to necromancers and so on, the world keeps going from Age of Myth to Age of Legends and back, so you often get something like the 8th Age of Myth. Do you ever plan on changing up the Ages, or adding more of them?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 748