Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3729157 times)

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #6930 on: June 25, 2013, 08:28:30 pm »

Will elven diplomats now readjust their tree cutting limit with the addition of bigger trees? 
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: June 25, 2013, 08:57:56 pm »

Will elven diplomats now readjust their tree cutting limit with the addition of bigger trees? 

I don't think that bigger trees translate into less trees. As I remember the 09/23/2012 update Toady shown us a handful of screenshots with a few examples of forests, and maybe some of them occupy more space but those shown as "heavily forested" still count as a lot. I haven't had troubles with elven diplomats and tree-chopping limits in the current release, maybe I'm missing something.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Saraias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: June 26, 2013, 12:37:47 am »

I cannot recall: Has Toady mentioned whether deep sites and hill sites are intrinsically linked to mountain sites? The point of my question is whether it would be possible to tweak raws such that civilizations of ant-men colonize deep sites, and hamster men hill sites, or whatever.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: June 26, 2013, 01:47:47 am »

I cannot recall: Has Toady mentioned whether deep sites and hill sites are intrinsically linked to mountain sites? The point of my question is whether it would be possible to tweak raws such that civilizations of ant-men colonize deep sites, and hamster men hill sites, or whatever.
I'm pretty sure he has talked about modding possibilities either not at all or very close to it. It's worth greening if you want the answer sooner rather than waiting to see when it's released.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: June 26, 2013, 01:49:41 am »

I think they would still hate your guts if you just looked at a tree the wrong way.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: June 26, 2013, 07:21:45 am »

I think they would still hate EAT your guts if you just looked at a tree the wrong way.

FTFY  ;)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: June 26, 2013, 09:12:48 pm »

I think they would still hate EAT your guts if you just looked at a tree the wrong way.
FTFY  ;)
I stand corrected, well played.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: June 26, 2013, 09:14:35 pm »

I don't think that bigger trees translate into less trees. As I remember the 09/23/2012 update Toady shown us a handful of screenshots with a few examples of forests, and maybe some of them occupy more space but those shown as "heavily forested" still count as a lot. I haven't had troubles with elven diplomats and tree-chopping limits in the current release, maybe I'm missing something.

Elven diplomats don't show up currently.

[edit]

But you can mod them to show up.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 09:24:52 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: June 27, 2013, 03:01:33 am »

They also make short jokes.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: June 27, 2013, 07:13:37 am »

If companions leave adventurer's party due to breach of agreement or other reasons will they set off to their hometown and can they be tracked down? If they stumble on a night creature's lair can they be attacked by it?
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: June 27, 2013, 09:55:17 am »

If they leave my party they throughly deserve to be mauled by some night creature I say.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: June 27, 2013, 02:02:37 pm »

Rephrase:

If companions leave adventurer's party due to breach of agreement or other reasons will they set off to their hometown and can they be tracked down and murdered?
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: June 27, 2013, 02:29:38 pm »

Ahh personal vendetta. Much more satisfactory. I dearly hope so.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

BinaryBeast1010011010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: June 27, 2013, 02:41:28 pm »

Since you do leave tracks I cant see why your companions would not do the same.
cant stop playing DF?
 : (){ :|:& };:

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: June 27, 2013, 03:57:19 pm »

As for destination I couldn't know. I hope it's not always the town. Imagine in a future some companions having their own goals, like turning on you to steal your stuff and go to another town to sell them, spend the money and wait for another unsuspected adventurer recruiting people, rinse and repeat.
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 748