Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3734920 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #9300 on: February 19, 2014, 09:36:26 pm »

I suppose that now that we can have secretions from specific tissues (or can we do that now???), we can make unicorns cry rainbows or something.

A SECRETION could already target a particular tissue, but the emotion/exertion triggers are new.

edit: ninja'd

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9301 on: February 19, 2014, 10:12:42 pm »

I suppose that now that we can have secretions from specific tissues (or can we do that now???), we can make unicorns cry rainbows or something.

A SECRETION could already target a particular tissue, but the emotion/exertion triggers are new.

edit: ninja'd

Oh I see. I don't do a whole lot of modding, so I didn't really know.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9302 on: February 19, 2014, 10:22:12 pm »

(Secretion by part is old, but, yeah, we have a new usage hint for negative social response, and secretions can take an optional argument at the end for exertion or extreme emotion)

This can be interpreted in so many ways. The next few updates might take this a long way.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9303 on: February 19, 2014, 10:30:50 pm »

Oh crap, THAT mod.

Ahem.

So, who wants to make humans spit lava?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9304 on: February 19, 2014, 11:03:27 pm »

Humans? Why the hell would humans be spitting lava? Lava's for dorfs!

And a new emotion-related usage hint sounds awesome. I can already imagine using it as a way to get grieving family members to transform into horrible monsters as opposed to transforming on certain moon phases. Or something like that. An entire species of civilized beings that go berserk when a family member dies. Keep them happy! :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9305 on: February 19, 2014, 11:12:50 pm »

Emotion-based usage hints?

This is gonna be SOOOOOOOO good for the Isho... They can metamorphose based on psychological environment rather than symbiotic elimination of weakness...

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9306 on: February 19, 2014, 11:16:48 pm »

And a new emotion-related usage hint sounds awesome. I can already imagine using it as a way to get grieving family members to transform into horrible monsters as opposed to transforming on certain moon phases. Or something like that. An entire species of civilized beings that go berserk when a family member dies. Keep them happy! :P
So no change really.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9307 on: February 19, 2014, 11:20:01 pm »

(Secretion by part is old, but, yeah, we have a new usage hint for negative social response, and secretions can take an optional argument at the end for exertion or extreme emotion)

That is all very nice.

Raws final enough to see yet?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9308 on: February 19, 2014, 11:23:20 pm »

That is all very nice.

Do you mean all the new raws in general?  The usage hint and secretion condition sound pretty straightforward.

Dazenith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9309 on: February 19, 2014, 11:23:48 pm »

Speaking of modding. I can't wait to mod the living daylights out of the next release. I want to make and maybe release my own unique mods. So much !!FUN!! and !!SCIENCE!! to be had.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9310 on: February 20, 2014, 12:51:31 am »

That is all very nice.

Do you mean all the new raws in general?  The usage hint and secretion condition sound pretty straightforward.

I didn't mean that, but I want it :P

The usage hint and secretion conditions may sound straightforward, but I don't want another Fortbent fiasco where my mods don't work within the first 8 hours of release.

(Though this DF update is way more difficult to update for...)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #9311 on: February 20, 2014, 02:05:55 am »

DF: Magical Girl Edition. Create supersoldiers by giving them lots of happiness and friendship!

WordsandChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Words and Chaos blog
« Reply #9312 on: February 20, 2014, 07:24:36 am »

Oh that mental image.

"You murderer!"  *Spit*

*schwing!* "No, wench."

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9313 on: February 20, 2014, 10:06:30 am »

Of course, people familiar with modding or magma crabs might guess that the first time she spit at me, the glob came out frozen and my murderous character, being handy with a sword, batted the saliva ice cube out of the park.  After I fixed that, and some other stuff, it splattered on my toga.

YES. Frozen liquid globs was the first bug I submitted to the bug tracker, way back at the dawn of DF2010. So happy.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9314 on: February 20, 2014, 10:15:25 am »

Spat/Secreted/Whatever fluids will still freeze in some conditions right?

I've heard stories of people fooling around by spitting "ice" at each other in Siberia, though I guess at the distance we're talking about that would need some pretty damn low temp.

On a related note: If tears/sweat freeze, will they have a chance damage a unit in extreme cold?

Imagine that. Urist McMother sees the tooth of Urist McDeceasedBaby then bursts in tears. Tears which then freeze and damage her eyes.
Or
Tissue damage that can potentially lead to infection/frostbite when fighting in very, very cold areas/times.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 748