Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3729532 times)

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #9345 on: February 21, 2014, 07:13:16 pm »

Will my companions in adventure mode ever be able to use crutches?
Yes, that's probably possible in the next version.

12/04/2013 Toady One
You can trade objects with pretty much anybody friendly now, without the requirement that you be in a store, and as long as they'll make out alright, they'll go for it. You can also give anybody anything. It should probably be restricted a bit, since people are more than happy to tear off their shoes for an equal value of food or whatever while they are standing in the mud, and so on, but it does let you give whatever to whomever, which'll help some of the dire equipment problems companions have until we have more time to do something better.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: February 21, 2014, 08:29:02 pm »

12/04/2013 Toady One
You can trade objects with pretty much anybody friendly now, without the requirement that you be in a store, and as long as they'll make out alright, they'll go for it. You can also give anybody anything. It should probably be restricted a bit, since people are more than happy to tear off their shoes for an equal value of food or whatever while they are standing in the mud, and so on, but it does let you give whatever to whomever, which'll help some of the dire equipment problems companions have until we have more time to do something better.
Being able to hold and being able to use, are different things.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9347 on: February 22, 2014, 12:00:31 am »

12/04/2013 Toady One
Being able to hold and being able to use, are different things.
Wield a crutch in Adventure mode; you'll notice that your speed drops and your Crutch Walker skill grows. Therefore, holding a crutch automatically makes you use it.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9348 on: February 22, 2014, 01:43:55 am »

Wield a crutch in Adventure mode; you'll notice that your speed drops and your Crutch Walker skill grows. Therefore, holding a crutch automatically makes you use it.

But can you convince your allies to wield a crutch after they pick it up?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #9349 on: February 22, 2014, 09:28:20 am »

But can you convince your allies to wield a crutch after they pick it up?
Toady said that this feature should help with the equipment problems. If you can't tell your companions to equip/wield stuff that you give them, there wouldn't be much of an improvement.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9350 on: February 22, 2014, 11:48:00 am »

I just hope being able to know the substance every object in the game is made out of is never taken out.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9351 on: February 22, 2014, 02:47:20 pm »

I just hope being able to know the substance every object in the game is made out of is never taken out.

I hope too, but I would like to see the *Giant Chinchilla Leather* be just *Leather* for interface organization. The specific type of a material should be only in the description.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9352 on: February 22, 2014, 02:54:06 pm »

I hope too, but I would like to see the *Giant Chinchilla Leather* be just *Leather* for interface organization. The specific type of a material should be only in the description.

Maybe you could toggle between specific descriptions like *Giant Chinchilla leather* and generic ones like *Leather*
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9353 on: February 22, 2014, 03:14:06 pm »

Maybe you should only get a specific description if your character could tell the difference.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: February 22, 2014, 04:08:48 pm »

Maybe you should only get a specific description if your character could tell the difference.

I thought about that, but this would only apply to adventurer mode.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9355 on: February 22, 2014, 07:18:37 pm »

Maybe you could toggle between specific descriptions like *Giant Chinchilla leather* and generic ones like *Leather*

I know this isn't the place for suggestions, but I really like this idea.  Would let you choose leather when you don't care, and chinchilla leather when you really need it.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

nighzmarquls

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: February 23, 2014, 05:01:16 am »

Given that the player can singlehandedly 'liberate' or 'defend' a town from invaders does the history of a world recognize/describe this in a special?

Example 1:

On the Year 192 Urist Mcventurer singlehandedly defended Boatmurdered from Invasion

Example 2:

On the Year 193 Urist Mcventurer rallied the people of boatmurdered and drove off the goblins

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: February 23, 2014, 09:34:25 am »

Given that the player can singlehandedly 'liberate' or 'defend' a town from invaders does the history of a world recognize/describe this in a special?

Example 1:

On the Year 192 Urist Mcventurer singlehandedly defended Boatmurdered from Invasion

Example 2:

On the Year 193 Urist Mcventurer rallied the people of boatmurdered and drove off the goblins

Important events will be recognized, but I doubt they'll account for your adventurer as the sole responsible. Maybe the name of your entity, with just 1 defender/attacker, or something like that.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9358 on: February 24, 2014, 08:49:52 am »

Anyway, as you know, Boatmurdered was NEVER liberated,
except from itself ,
and its deep evilness,
and the spirit of Dodok Astlumash.

And it was from elephants, not goblins.

Elephants.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: February 24, 2014, 12:06:55 pm »

Anyway, as you know, Boatmurdered was NEVER liberated,
except from itself ,
and its deep evilness,
and the spirit of Dodok Astlumash.

And it was from elephants, not goblins.

Elephants.
Oh dear God the elephants. *Shakes and cries in a corner for half an hour, rambling of how the elephants will kill us all*
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 748