Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3714704 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2012, 12:16:39 pm »

Enjoying this new version so far. Pretty stable, and no game breaking bugs discovered yet!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2012, 12:26:48 pm »

Is it possible to give a syndrome a seriously high duration (9999 years, etc.) for "permanent" effects and then have another syndrome (or other interaction) that would reduce the duration on another (active) syndrome?  That would handle "cures" pretty nicely

It's not possible to reduce the duration of an active syndrome, no.  The crux of the matter is that there's no way for a syndrome to directly target another syndrome already present on the creature. 

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2012, 12:31:01 pm »

Is it possible to give a syndrome a seriously high duration (9999 years, etc.) for "permanent" effects and then have another syndrome (or other interaction) that would reduce the duration on another (active) syndrome?  That would handle "cures" pretty nicely

It's not possible to reduce the duration of an active syndrome, no.  The crux of the matter is that there's no way for a syndrome to directly target another syndrome already present on the creature.

Shame.  Oh well.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2012, 12:49:41 pm »

The bug tracker is disturbingly quiet considering the size of this release.  I usually root around for things to avoid/reproduce, but most of what's there are sort of "random worldgen-related" things.  The overall cleanliness of this release is quite good.

This makes me hopeful that the "long-standing" bugfix component of the next few weeks will be especially fruitful. 
where is up?

Blue-Demon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2012, 02:08:55 pm »

i would have liked it more if we could experiment with necromancer, vampire and were beast on "testing arena mode".

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2012, 02:11:50 pm »

i would have liked it more if we could experiment with necromancer, vampire and were beast on "testing arena mode".

That'll be fixed.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2012, 03:20:10 pm »

I could be wrong but so far it seems to me that areas marked as "Haunted" have the undead. "Terrifying" has only the evil raintypes and sinister comes with "fumes/mists". 6 forts thought arent a good basis for a statistic. The evil rain is the most tolerable from what i encountered they seem rather harmles. The "repellent ooze" rain (blue) was only in so far annoying that my dorfs started pussing without any harm. I guess its different when they are injured as the wound can get infected.

I can confirm eeevil mist in Terrifying embarks. I'm guessing that it is on a biome basis- each biome can only have one regional curse, and how horrible it is may be linked to savagery. I have yet to encounter evil rain at all, but then I've only played 4 Terrifying embarks (1 Zombie 3 Mist)

Is it confirmed that there is only one "effect" per evil biome?  Because I'd like to have more than one, at times.

Assuming that it is not a bug, are there plans to have multiple evil effects occur in a single biome?  Will it be possible at some point to have good artifacts, workshops, items, or jobs that can repel or prevent evil effects?  I'm envisioning dwarven priests sanctifying coffins so the corpses don't rise, holy water being used to treat mysterious ailments from mists and fogs, protective amulets to guard against creeping ashes, etc.  That sort of thing.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Chthonic

• Bay Watcher
  • Whispers subterrene.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2012, 03:22:14 pm »

Pretty stable

I've found it's pretty stable while playing, but it keeps crashing when I try to save my fort :(

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2012, 03:22:47 pm »

I notice whenever a werecreature devours a creature without a name the quest text is missing 'a' or 'an'.

"Werebeast Name devoured cat."

Not sure if that is considered a bug and I can't operate the search engine on the bug tracker very well.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2012, 05:37:06 pm »

Now we have the interactions, can you see the collection of things we have ever being fused into one? Interactions can cause syndromes and syndromes can allow interactions, but will the "sound" capabilities you added, and reactions, and speech, and similar ever be all handled as an "interaction"? What about us ever seeing conditional raws or variables? (Poor example: "Hello, I see you have" player:haircolor "hair".) I'd call it Dwarf&ObjectReferenceFormat.

Good job on this release. :)
dialog already works like that.

Aplsos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2012, 07:00:05 pm »

I'd appreciate an in-depth explanation of the CE:PERIODIC syndrome tag.  Are there valid values for it besides MOON_PHASE?  I'm specifically looking for a way to make werebeasts that transform every night, because currently in adventure mode they're just naked peasants that like to chill out in holes.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2012, 07:06:33 pm »

Posting to watch.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2012, 08:22:27 pm »

I miss the old FotF. This one just doesn't compare.

The worldgen still dies when you select 1 complete edge ocean.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2012, 08:53:47 pm »

From the devblog:

Made wagons appear again.

Huzzah, the next release will have wagons again!
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2012, 09:21:42 pm »

Huzzah!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 748