Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3714601 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #540 on: March 10, 2012, 07:43:36 am »

i find that impolite and disrespectful, both the misuse of limegreen as well as the message itself

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 10, 2012, 11:37:41 am »

i find that impolite and disrespectful, both the misuse of limegreen as well as the message itself

I agree. While I have let "suggestionesk" questions by because the difference between a suggestion and a question is often paper thin with large "both" areas.

But remember Cruxal the limegreen is for questions... Using it otherwise is innapropriate and abusing a system Toady is doing for us for no reason.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:52:12 am by Neonivek »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 10, 2012, 12:40:52 pm »

Any plans to do anything with animal health care along with the new training system?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

rex mortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 10, 2012, 02:54:18 pm »

Goodb... errr... good riddance, dungeon master. I will not miss you.
Because death is peaceful and magma is lovely.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 10, 2012, 03:53:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

It helps to link to bugs when you're trying to draw attention to them, especially since many of these reports would benefit from 0.34.02+ saves.
[/quote][/spoiler]

As Toady moved to old bugs it may be a good idea to upload saves (more here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104200.0 )
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 10, 2012, 04:38:33 pm »

will animals that are naturally domesticated, such as cows and dogs, ever lose their training?

And while I'm asking questions

Do you have any plans to combine the civilisation animal training knowledge with book writing and if so will the books be tradeable or would it be for flavour?

For the people complaining about the introduction of the new system, I have to ask if you complained about the switch to 3D? There's no point toady fixing all bugs until the game is fully complete as some bugs won't even need to be squashed as the thing they will get changed.

The animal trainer changes seem great and judging from the progress report toady seems to have already got through most of it.

Edit: due to my phone's moronic predictive txt
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 07:51:01 pm by werechicken »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 10, 2012, 05:57:10 pm »

Next release is going to be awesome. Any idea of when it's going to be released ?

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 10, 2012, 07:48:54 pm »

will animals that are naturally domesticated, such as cows and dogs, ever lose their training?

i actually just came over here to ask this question, im not thinking that truly 'domesticated' animals should ever become wild.

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 10, 2012, 07:55:24 pm »

i actually just came over here to ask this question, im not thinking that truly 'domesticated' animals should ever become wild.

I just realised how wrong the phrasing of that question was, seeing as domestication is the complete opposite of natural. I meant creatures which have been bred for domestication

Jheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 10, 2012, 08:07:26 pm »

I've been reading a bit lately about the attempts to breed foxes for domesticity, and a thought struck me while reading the last dev log -Will the "wildness" of animals be affected by breeding? I.e. will we be able to breed animals that are successively less given to "going wild" over time (also affecting training rates, maybe)?

Though I suppose that would only add to the issues with controlling how your animals breed. Still, I think it could be interesting.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:10:50 pm by Jheral »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 10, 2012, 08:10:28 pm »

I just realised how wrong the phrasing of that question was, seeing as domestication is the complete opposite of natural. I meant creatures which have been bred for domestication

ha, didn't notice myself, point was still clear though.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 10, 2012, 09:54:11 pm »

Next release is going to be awesome. Any idea of when it's going to be released ?

April 27, 2012, at 9:14 US Western Time.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 10, 2012, 09:56:45 pm »

Really, that late? I was thinking more like March 19- bugfix releases don't tend to drag much.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 11, 2012, 12:59:30 am »

Really, that late? I was thinking more like March 19- bugfix releases don't tend to drag much.

Well, this is kind of on the border between bugfix and new feature. It sounds like Toady's making decent headway on it, though. I'm guessing he'd already planned an appreciable amount of this in advance -- from the quotes Footie posted, replacing the DM was very much not a decision made on the spot.

Building on Chthonic's and Dae's questions, Is there a certain point where the tamed animals will remain as such permanently without further management, or is it more a matter of 'reverts in a month' versus 'reverts in a decade'?

Furthermore, how much warning will the player get before the cuddly tamed dragon in the meeting hall reverts back to wild and barbecues everyone?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:04:14 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 11, 2012, 05:59:13 am »

April 27, 2012, at 9:14 US Western Time.

Assuming you are not being sarcastic, I was expecting something sooner.

Well, I guess the wait will be worth it, and we will have the more important bugs fixed.

And I don't think a tamed beast will go back to a untamed state. I think what toady meant was a PARTLY tamed creature would go back to a wild state with time.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 748