Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3726701 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #900 on: March 27, 2012, 10:48:56 pm »

Issue 5699. They would keep towing the animal around while working on their new project. [Edit: Sorry, did you mean, "Why did you fix the issue that way instead of causing the moody dwarf to abandon the animal?"]

"Sure, Urist, why don't you let the wild dragon that was being led into the cage run free in the middle of your fortress because it's so much more important that you just had an idea for a really neat granite sock?  What could POSSIBLY go Fun?"
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:30:52 am by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 28, 2012, 03:30:45 am »

Well I've seen a case of some dwarf going moody while hauling an animal, and it certainly did finished his hauling job first (while being moody) THEN he claimed a workshop.

rex mortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 28, 2012, 07:20:00 am »

Sweet bug fixes. Ghost issues in particular were game breaking at times.
Because death is peaceful and magma is lovely.

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 29, 2012, 12:40:02 am »

Limited number of trophies, nice.  That should cut down on the ridiculousness some.  I wonder if they'll keep just a random selection, or only the best quality/most important ones?
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 29, 2012, 01:46:44 am »

"stuck announced ghosts without an engraved slab on the very top". Thanks! But is it possible to allow again marking for trading entire stack in fortress mode with single key? Main result of recent change that allowed to trade portions of stacks is that trading single stack requires 2 enters - what results in more pointless clicking and breaks mass trade macros ((enter, arrow down)x20).

EDIT: For example: enter to mark entire object/stack and shift+enter to mark part of the stack

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 03:18:31 am by Kogut »
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 29, 2012, 02:02:11 am »

Limited number of trophies, nice.  That should cut down on the ridiculousness some.  I wonder if they'll keep just a random selection, or only the best quality/most important ones?
They should just use drawers and select some each day matching their dress.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 29, 2012, 02:09:30 am »

But is it possible to allow again marking for trading entire stack in fortress mode with single key? Main result of recent change that allowed to trade portions of stacks is that trading single stack requires 2 enters - what results in more pointless clicking and breaks mass trade macros ((enter, arrow down)x20).
Say, Shift+Enter to trade all of a stack?
(I see this as fairly minor, personally)

Thankyou Toady for all the fixes recently, you've been making a lot of people very happy!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 03:50:10 am by Thief^ »
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 29, 2012, 02:36:27 am »

But is it possible to allow again marking for trading entire stack in fortress mode with single key? Main result of recent change that allowed to trade portions of stacks is that trading single stack requires 2 enters - what results in more pointless clicking and breaks mass trade macros ((enter, arrow down)x20).
Shift+Enter to trade part of a stack? (enter to mark single object and shift+enter to mark stack will still break macros)

EDIT: edited my previous post, removed useless colour from this one.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 03:04:19 am by Kogut »
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 29, 2012, 02:55:44 am »

that's not what lime-green is for. cut it out guys

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 29, 2012, 03:26:47 am »

Yay for the reduction of bone crafts. While it looked badass in my mind, it's just a lot of bother and eats FPS for no large gain.

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 29, 2012, 10:23:49 am »

Shift+Enter to trade part of a stack? (enter to mark single object and shift+enter to mark stack will still break macros)

EDIT: edited my previous post, removed useless colour from this one.
Shift+Enter could work as well for non-stack items, allowing Shift+Enter to trade the whole stack. This would be much more consistant with everything else and less prone to confusion.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 29, 2012, 11:31:21 am »

Issue 5699. They would keep towing the animal around while working on their new project. [Edit: Sorry, did you mean, "Why did you fix the issue that way instead of causing the moody dwarf to abandon the animal?"]

"Sure, Urist, why don't you let the wild dragon that was being led into the cage run free in the middle of your fortress because it's so much more important that you just had an idea for a really neat granite sock?  What could POSSIBLY go Fun?"

I always have a hard time picturing how a single dwarf can lead a dragon or a hydra anywhere. 20 dwarves working together, maybe, but one ? Maybe if they tie it and put it on some sort of rolling device...

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 29, 2012, 11:42:40 am »

Okay, so none of these bugs are "Clothing is useless" or "We cannot tame exotic animals", but they all seem pretty boss.  So, when does the next release come out so we can use all these changes?
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 29, 2012, 12:36:08 pm »

Shift+Enter could work as well for non-stack items, allowing Shift+Enter to trade the whole stack. This would be much more consistant with everything else and less prone to confusion.

On the contrary, enter to select the object, no questions asked, is the standard thing to be expected.  What is unusual is the desire to select only a portion of a stack, as you only rarely ever want to do that, and as such, that is what makes more sense as a shift-enter. 

Of course, if any such command is added, it will be custom-key-mappable, so it's a minor concern.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 29, 2012, 12:41:37 pm »

Really, it's a fortress/adventure difference, I think. In fortress mode you have the cash to buy things in whole stacks- in adventure mode your resources are more limited (assuming you ignore the many exploits) and you're more likely to only want a dozen berries instead of the entire stack of 87. In my personal experience, anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 748