Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3714729 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #10380 on: April 24, 2014, 01:28:30 pm »

I haven't seen any carnivorous plant or anything like cannibal trees, yet...

Wouldn't cannibal trees technically eat other trees?

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10381 on: April 24, 2014, 01:39:56 pm »

"As a symbol of apology for our recent over-logging, and our intent to live in harmony with nature from this point forth, we would like to offer the elven forests these saplings..."
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10382 on: April 24, 2014, 01:41:12 pm »

"As a symbol of apology for our recent over-logging, and our intent to live in harmony with nature from this point forth, we would like to offer the elven forests these saplings..."
:D
That's going in my sig text, simply because it made me laugh out loud.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10383 on: April 24, 2014, 03:20:25 pm »

Ah, the age-old tradition of gifting elves objects that are likely to kill them or that which they love most.

Personally, I would like to offer them meat harvested from the most hard-to-reach fruit trees of the evil regions. Tastes like the sapient meat they love and comes from a tree which they adore. Yet it is also cursed, turning the one who eats it into a thrall, maybe even granting fire breath, for the added hint of suffering by burning down their precious woods...

Yeah. Too bad a syndrome-inducing fruit isn't likely to end up turning an elf champion swordsman into instant destruction. Or is it?

Also, would a fruit growth made of sentient meat count as meat or fruit for eating purposes?
To be honest, I'm not even sure if that's an FotF question or for some other place. Judging by the tree raws, such 'food' would be classified as a growth, but be made of meat. Reminds me of cloth cookies. They're cookies, but made of inedible material.
You could of course bake them into cookies and then they'd prob be edible, but I think the question stands.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10384 on: April 24, 2014, 03:32:31 pm »

It'll count as meat if it's a meat item and a fruit if it's a plant growth item; not only that, but it'll also count as animal meat if it has [IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL]. Plant growths can be MEAT items just as they can be PLANT_GROWTH items or WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD items.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10385 on: April 24, 2014, 04:05:28 pm »

THAT'S hilarious.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10386 on: April 24, 2014, 06:44:19 pm »

The final bugfixing and cleanup phase has now begun. :D In all seriousness though, it'll probably take at least a month to get through.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10387 on: April 24, 2014, 06:48:13 pm »

You never know... Toady might get bored doing bugfixing, and decide to just release anyway. He's openly stated that he prefers adding features over fixing bugs or polishing up code.

As long as the compiled forms are mostly stable, i dont think he will put excessive efforts in to ensure stability or code sanity. a few weeks I can definitely see, but months? i doubt it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10388 on: April 24, 2014, 06:53:00 pm »

Inevitably he will come across some bugs that take a day or two to fix, but I'd imagine most of it may disappear quite quickly.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10389 on: April 24, 2014, 07:19:53 pm »

Besides, bugs appear quite rapidly when 100's of people are playing at once. It would make finding them easier.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10390 on: April 24, 2014, 07:23:03 pm »

He wants to at least make sure that it's at least as playable as the current version, or in Toadys own words, "getting it up to a state where it isn't an utter and fundamental degradation of the currently released version".

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10391 on: April 24, 2014, 07:30:53 pm »

Besides, bugs appear quite rapidly when 100's of people are playing at once. It would make finding them easier.

Yes, and the current cleanup phase is the "I already know about eight million of these bugs, let's fix the worst of them so I don't just hear people complaining about the bugs I already know about." Once he's squashed most of those he'll let the playerbase find the rest of them, and fix them as they come up.

That said, Monday is my birthday, and I know what present I would like...

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10392 on: April 24, 2014, 08:03:56 pm »

I'm confused: What does "potter off" mean here? Do they turn invisible and start wandering into locked corridors? Do they turn into elves, and start planting trees? Do they stiffen up and make like fungiwood?  Do they go fill a "chamber pot" with fertilizer? Do they leave the mortal coil, and insist on being buried? Do they wander aimlessness like a ceramics major just out of college?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:10:12 pm by King Mir »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10393 on: April 24, 2014, 08:16:05 pm »

I assume he means that they sort of stop in the middle of what they are doing for no apparent reason and just wander off.

I wonder what 'certain jobs' he is talking about though.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10394 on: April 24, 2014, 08:20:26 pm »

Probably mining and woodcutting, given the context ("between" certain jobs likely meaning that these are jobs done in quick succession).
Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 748