Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3714691 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #10980 on: June 20, 2014, 12:12:49 am »

Or 2-3 weeks. There could very well be more issues that crop up in the midst of testing fixes for what he works on.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10981 on: June 20, 2014, 03:50:07 am »

As long as it's released before the 15th of July I'm okay with whatever at this point.
Still, at this rate he was going with 4-5 issues per day on average (if my calculations are anywhere close to correct), which could mean that the release might happen in a week or two...

[EXCITEMENT INTENSIFIES]

This is, of course, assuming an ideal scenario in which no extra issues pop up, as said before. But it's definitely not unlikely we may see a new download link very soon...

Vaftrudner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10982 on: June 20, 2014, 06:07:34 am »

I'm so excited! The last big release was such a step up, I've been waiting impatiently for this one for a long long time now and it's finally time :D Yay to all of us!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10983 on: June 20, 2014, 06:13:35 am »

MATH HAS SPOKEN

Sephimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10984 on: June 20, 2014, 07:22:37 am »

I feel its time again to say this:

Thank you Toady for your hard and dedicated work you put in this truely remarkable project.
It's much appreciated

CrzyMonkeyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • He strikes from above...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10985 on: June 20, 2014, 07:48:31 am »

Thank you Toady for your hard and dedicated work you put in this truely remarkable project.
It's much appreciated
Hear hear!

The excitement is incalculable.
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” - J.R.R. Tolkien

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10986 on: June 20, 2014, 08:04:08 am »

There could be always a single bug that could stall him for a day or two for example, or the other way around, maybe he can bug out 15 on a single day. Whenever is ready it's good for me.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10987 on: June 20, 2014, 08:55:10 am »

Sorry guys, my hype core is going critical; for the safety of myself and others I'm going to go lock myself in a basement for a week.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10988 on: June 20, 2014, 08:58:11 am »

In the Basement?

Don't forget your phone!

You may still have internet connection down there...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10989 on: June 20, 2014, 09:12:11 am »

Thank you Zach and Toady, for all your continued efforts in the noble name of Fun.

Finals end next week for me, so everything is scheduled as expected. Might as well stash some provisions for the forecoming months.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10990 on: June 20, 2014, 10:55:51 am »

122 issues at the start of the month, 35 left means he's been going at a rate of a bit over 6 per day, which means at current trucking rate we could see new DF in 6-7 days...
I worked it out to 4.5 per day, and done in 8 days. Which is still before the end of the month!

H.P. Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10991 on: June 20, 2014, 10:58:27 am »

Toady, during the clean up for the last release you spontaneously (Well, it seemed spontaneous to me) added minecarts and changed how hauling of stone was handled. Would you mind speculating wildly about things you'd like to add and change during the bugfixing rounds next month? Or, if that's too much of a strech, what do you see as the next arc to work on after the current release is cleaned up?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10992 on: June 20, 2014, 11:29:20 am »

Toady, during the clean up for the last release you spontaneously (Well, it seemed spontaneous to me) added minecarts and changed how hauling of stone was handled. Would you mind speculating wildly about things you'd like to add and change during the bugfixing rounds next month? Or, if that's too much of a strech, what do you see as the next arc to work on after the current release is cleaned up?

So far, he's mentioned the trade interface in a facebook post, and job priorities in the June report. In that second link, they also suspect "that many of the faster usability ideas will make it in during the bug-fix period and during the job priorities work that'll follow this release".

As for the next big thing, it's anybody's guess at this point. The dev page for the next year or four is the most reliable source for speculation; there was another page related to that one with a rough estimate of the order in which they were going to work on that stuff, but that order got all bjorked; this release (Phase 2) was originally just planned to be civ sites and mine maps if I recall (I haven't actually tracked down that second page yet, if it still exists), but they decided that they needed post-worldgen history (from Phase 5 or so) sooner.

EDIT: Looks like that other page was just part of the main dev page, in which case it's gone now (and rather outdated and wrong anyway). It's too bad the wayback machine's banned from the dev page for bandwidth reasons, it'd be neat to see some old incarnations of it (we still have the really old one, though).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 12:13:02 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Ribs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10993 on: June 20, 2014, 11:35:01 am »

From what Toady said in his appearence on the red pages podcast thing just now, the next big release is probably going to be about inns and taverns, which he's actually been talking about doing for a while. Aparently, we also could see some caravan arc stuff, as well as fairs and markets in dwarf mode, paving the way for the eventual return of the dwarven economy. Also, maybe the integration of hill and deep dwarves with player fortresses in dwarf mode?

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10994 on: June 20, 2014, 02:27:32 pm »

That would be interesting if your fortress affected the hill sites or their growth.

And fairs sound fun as that seems close to holidays. It will be nice in the far future when you enter a festival and wonder if you are the lucky target of whatever good or bad tradition the revelers have.
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 748