Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: The good, the bad and the ugly - Feedback thread for 34.xx  (Read 27999 times)

shadus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The good, the bad and the ugly - Feedback thread for 34.xx
« Reply #165 on: February 21, 2012, 10:44:48 pm »

Fortress Mode: I have had it with these goddamn vampires in my goddamn fort! (apologies to SLJ)

I'm getting like 1 vampire per 20 migrants on average.  It's pretty crazy.  Annoying... they're not hard to find but inevitably they kill your best xyz first... and dwarven justice is straight fooked, i had one vampire get sent to jail NINE times for 201 days before someone just got fed up and beat him to death.  I really shouldn't NEED to make lava traps or atom smasher to get rid of my vampires... and at the rate of murders vs rate of birth and quantity of vampires... dwarven society would be dead or consumed post haste.

Oh yah: also-- if you set your leader to every noble position, it freaks out if he tries to dispense great justice.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:50:48 pm by shadus »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2012, 12:08:14 am »

Wow do I hate Werewolves now... I mean a lot!

I mean I can ignore some of the glitches (having my zombies transform and kill me was terrible)...

But when I killed 10 or 20 of them in a row as my set of missions I am so sick of them I am considering never generating a world with them ever again. I even had most of them transform (only two fights were interesting... and one was only because there were two werecreatures involved)

They are horribly implimented and they dot the world with TONS of lairs. I've had 10 straight lines of lairs before. Enough that I actually had to go to travel mode to pass them.

Now I have to generate worlds without boogeymen (Because crossing rivers means no party members somewhat) and without Werewolves (because they are spammers!).

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 22, 2012, 01:58:18 am »

I kind of have to agree. I've killed probably 20 of them (all during the daylight), and having that many robs them of their impact. They also never carry weapons or armor in human form, so they're pretty much defenseless. I didn't even try to avoid encountering them at night and I've cleaned out a whole circle of lairs around one city.

More to the point for me though, they've squeezed out the other night creatures. Which aren't so special, but some variety would be nice.

I can't really decide if it would be better for werebeasts to make lairs farther away. It makes sense they'd stay close to their food source....but when they're camped outside a city of a few hundred people, it does seem semi-ridiculous. 5 peasants with sticks stand a pretty good chance of killing them in broad daylight.

I think maybe part of the issue too is they have no natural predators per se in world gen, they'll go years eating peasants before they might happen to run into someone capable of killing them. It's probably why virtually all werebeasts are peasants. That's the majority of what werebeasts hunt, and so they're trapped with peasant skills and stats, hunting other peasants and making more lack luster werebeasts.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 02:00:45 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 22, 2012, 02:47:00 am »

Yeah, werewolves are a bit too much right now. The heroes of world gen kill all the megabeasts but can't keep the werecreature infestation under control. Are all werecreature immortal or just the first is?
I discovered that lowering their numbers in the world gen params help a bit, though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2012, 12:06:53 pm »

It could be helped quite a bit if Werebeasts were lumped together into single lairs or something like that.

To create "Werebeast packs" and your job is to kill the boss. That would certainly cut down on the sheer number.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]