Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Beware the Zombie Mussel Shells!  (Read 15527 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Beware the Zombie Mussel Shells!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 04:15:32 pm »

So ... does this mean we can be attacked by zombie water buffalo cartilage?   :o  *sproing*  *sproing*  *sproing*  Look out!  Here it ...  URK!  *messy sound of someone being garrotted by a stretchy cord*

I imagine them to sound like they are going "RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!" as they swarm around the floor in a black carpet of nippling shells and razor edged lips.
I guess they tie your ankles together so you fall over, then garrot you?   :D

Living malicious razor wire.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 04:21:30 pm »

So ... does this mean we can be attacked by zombie water buffalo cartilage?   :o  *sproing*  *sproing*  *sproing*  Look out!  Here it ...  URK!  *messy sound of someone being garrotted by a stretchy cord*

I imagine them to sound like they are going "RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!" as they swarm around the floor in a black carpet of nippling shells and razor edged lips.
I guess they tie your ankles together so you fall over, then garrot you?   :D

Living malicious razor wire.

Raised adamantine thread. OHSHI-
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 04:23:34 pm »

There's a zombie novel called Resurrection--the author is Tim Curran--and this sort of stuff makes me think of it.  One of the most gruesome zombie novels I'd ever red, and a lot of !Fun!.  My favorite had to be the zombie preserved fetuses and body parts that got loose from a carnival freak show.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 04:35:20 pm »

It does smack of a bad eighties horror film.

My problem is a mussel shell is almost entirely mineral, I suppose it could be a skeletal mussel.

ActnMoviHeroBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 05:18:59 pm »

My problem is a mussel shell is almost entirely mineral, I suppose it could be a skeletal mussel.

Hehe.
Skeletons have no muscles, but sometimes you'll encounter skeletal mussels.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 05:22:42 pm »

Hehe.
Skeletons have no muscles, but sometimes you'll encounter skeletal mussels.
Ba-Dum-Chi

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 06:00:12 pm »

My first fortress in the new version crumbled to it's end today due to a combination of mussel shells, cat corpsecat corpses, the corpses of my dwarves rising over and over again, and ofcourse some tantruming by my single axedwarf due to repeatedly getting the "was attacked by own dead wife" thought in combination with the "recently lost a spouse to tragedy" thought. I haven't had so much FUN in a long time.

It's a good thing to see danger levels being upped this way. I really missed the difficulty of the 2D version. It seems it's back, with a vengeance. :D

Mussel shells didn't seem to do any damage, they just spawned as soon as a clean fish job was completed, and died pretty soon after that.I reported that as a bug, just like the naming oddity and the fact the every time a dwarf rises from the death, you will need to assign a new coffin for it's corpse to be buried again.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 06:05:46 pm »

I think the fact that we have zombie mussel shells is AWESOME,  I sincerely hope this doesn't get taken out, or if it does that there is a way to mod it back in.

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 06:17:47 pm »

My first fortress in the new version crumbled to it's end today due to a combination of mussel shells, cat corpsecat corpses, the corpses of my dwarves rising over and over again, and ofcourse some tantruming by my single axedwarf due to repeatedly getting the "was attacked by own dead wife" thought in combination with the "recently lost a spouse to tragedy" thought.
Pet cemetery, df version.

It is pretty weird the idea of dwarfs being terrorized by the 4 inch shells of dead cephalopods.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 06:47:38 pm »

It's very probably a bug, since I'm pretty sure that anything reanimated is supposed to have a grasping part or a mouth, but maybe that only applies to necromancers.

gomwon

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 06:52:27 pm »

I had this problem shortly before a zombie kea attacks. I solved it by letting my war dogs kill them each time they resurrect and get craftdorfs to make shell crafts. Worked well, and no side effects!

http://twitter.com/#!/Gompasta for Dwarf Fortress Tweetspam.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 09:42:57 pm »

My first fortress in the new version crumbled to it's end today due to a combination of mussel shells, cat corpsecat corpses, the corpses of my dwarves rising over and over again, and ofcourse some tantruming by my single axedwarf due to repeatedly getting the "was attacked by own dead wife" thought in combination with the "recently lost a spouse to tragedy" thought.
Pet cemetery, df version.

It is pretty weird the idea of dwarfs being terrorized by the 4 inch shells of dead cephalopods.

Say it after me:

Sw-arm-of-eld-ritch-shells

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 10:09:08 pm »

Wow.... I can't wait until the texture packs are updated! Or are they already? o_O

Now weapon traps are underpowered! Or at least in undead zones.

Scary DF = good DF.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 10:13:26 pm »

Okay, taking the utmost security measures no one (on my side) died, but it would seen even HAIR from butchered animals can be reanimated. Someone else please confirm this, it has to be a unique fluke on my part
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

tygea42

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012, 10:24:19 pm »

You're not the only one.  I've got a room full of animated skins and hair.  Gearing up to rekill them and try and tan or spin them before they come back again.  At least the intestines are staying dead.
Pages: 1 [2] 3