Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: into the stars  (Read 846 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
into the stars
« on: January 15, 2015, 02:42:10 pm »

(edit and locked): OOPS, TOPIC ALREADY EXISTS:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147271.msg5931404#msg5931404

I've recently found a few sandboxey type space games that did not have forum topics.  I guess I need pictures and a bit of a feature pitch if I want to hear anyone's impressions about the game, so here goes:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fugitivegames/into-the-stars?ref=card

From the kickstarter (already greenlit, and on track to exceed KS goals.  Have not yet defined any stretch goals, which might be good for keeping focused):

Complete Control: Take command of an inexperienced crew and guide them through a solar system packed with mystery and danger. From your seat on the bridge you'll steer the ship, manage resources and control your ship's systems while engaging friendly and hostile aliens. Can you make the right choices and reach the planet we'll call home?

Explore a Massive Solar System: You have the freedom to set your course for salvation, but no approach is free of peril. Each of the 90 zones in this sector present unique opportunities along with challenges, and only you can find the path to success.

Challenging volley-based Combat: Sometimes trade discussions break down and often the other party is out for nothing but blood. That's why your ship is equipped with a number of weapon systems that can speak for the human race in a language everyone can understand. Choose your target points and battle stations wisely to survive numerous alien encounters.

Music by Jack Wall: Driven by an original score from the legendary composer behind the music for Mass Effect, Call of Duty and Lost Planet.

Journey through an Open World

Your ultimate destination is known, but how you’ll get there is up to you. Each avenue of approach presents unique challenges and opportunities, making the solar system you travel through as dangerous as the enemies pursuing you.

Crew Permadeath

Your crew is invaluable and without the proper care they’ll be dead before you know it. Combat, Landing Parties and Mining Operations all put them in danger, and you alone must determine what actions are worth the risk.

Resource Management

You can only take so many resources with you, but your modules and civilians on board are in constant need of them. Each zone provides unique opportunities, but choose wisely as every resource gathering action comes with inherent costs.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:52:05 pm by puke »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: into the stars
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 02:45:23 pm »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: into the stars
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 02:50:25 pm »

what the what now?  I totally ran a search for that.  d'oh.