Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Your best tactics for getting into Necromancer towers  (Read 1435 times)

InfiniVide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your best tactics for getting into Necromancer towers
« on: February 15, 2012, 06:40:27 pm »

I tried with one tower but as soon as I was through the front door, three necromancers were screaming at me and I had tons of dwarf and goblins corpses tearing me apart.  What's the best way some of you have found for getting inside and taking some form of necromancer knowledge?

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Your best tactics for getting into Necromancer towers
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 06:46:07 pm »

I haven't found one yet but i would advise sneaking.

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 06:47:32 pm »

The Undead don't attack vampires no matter how much Necromancers scream ;)
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 06:48:13 pm »

Apparently, undead don't attack other undead or immortal beings.  I don't know if this applies to those in necromancer towers, but you could try first becoming a vampire, which would eliminate the zombie threat.  In my experience at least, vampirism isn't too hard to contract.

Ninja'd.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Crinkles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 06:50:43 pm »

You could also try going to an evil biome and getting husked by the eerie mist.

Toady should probably give necromancers their own entity or something, instead of just relying on zombies' "opposed to life" tag. That would make them actively protect the necromancer while also attacking other undead that threaten the necromancer. If their opposed to life tag got removed, they would even respect the necromancer's allegiances, so an adventurer could prevent their zombies from killing their friends.

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 06:55:55 pm »

Can you actually do this? Awesome.
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Crinkles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 07:07:34 pm »

Can you actually do this? Awesome.

I've never done it, but Toady says you can keep playing if an eerie mist happens to turn you undead. Everyone will be hostile to you, though, except the undead.

InfiniVide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 07:09:13 pm »

How might I locate a vampire?  There's too much information in Legends mode to look through there.

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 07:24:36 pm »

@Crinkles; Aw yeah! Once I've killed all this worlds necromancers so that I am the only one (My zombie army is getting huge, but I ditch them in a river whenever I want to go into a town.)

I think once I've killed all the Necros, I'll become a living husk and try and find a way underground. Forgotten Beasts, here I come.

@InfiniVide; Look at everyone with 'l'. They'll be the ones with hundreds of trophies made of human and stuff. Quicker way is to keep taking quests until you get one to kill a vamp.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 07:48:13 pm by dood_ »

InfiniVide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 07:27:49 pm »

Quicker way is to keep taking quests until you get one to kill a vamp.

I doubt I'll live that long.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 07:54:26 pm »

Go inside, run outside. Corpses will follow you. Kite them around, hit the necromancer. Repeat until all necromancers are dead, kill the corpses.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 08:05:31 pm »

Go inside, run outside. Corpses will follow you. Kite them around, hit the necromancer. Repeat until all necromancers are dead, kill the corpses.

This. You can also use sneaking, with Novice Ambush I could run around corpses while sneaking pretty easily
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 08:35:26 pm »

Speaking of vampires, how does one actually get infected with vampirism?
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

InfiniVide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 08:44:56 pm »

Speaking of vampires, how does one actually get infected with vampirism?

I read that licking vampire blood will do it.

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 08:45:33 pm »

Either drinking their blood (ironically), or desecrating a temple.

I think vamprisim is only one of the curses for the latter however.
Pages: [1] 2