Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Medical care  (Read 524 times)

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Medical care
« on: February 15, 2012, 08:29:21 pm »

Is there any way to get medical treatment in adventure mode? Can you treat your wounds yourself (other than resting and having high recuperation)?

Even if it's not in-game at the moment, could it be modded in?

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Medical care
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 08:34:00 pm »

You can use a crutch if you can find one, but that's the extent of it.
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 08:38:58 pm »

I like how you can sleep for days while your pierced guts heal and you vomit all you eat. Once I spent almost a week in a keep's tower sleeping and vomiting. I left the place full of blood and vomit but I finally got on my feet and sought revenge. Hangovers are fun in DF!

If one could treat more serious injuries like broken bones by applying splints and such, archers wouldn't be so damn terrifying to approach.

InfiniVide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 08:48:25 pm »

I once took an arrow to the chest that lodged in my heart.  I lived long enough to pull it out and use it to kill the archer.  I was hoping to find some way to possibly to heal it, but I doubt that would happen.