Hi all, I'm TinyPirate
, you may remember me from some Dwarf Fortress tutorials
Well, I'm currently working on a pretty awesome new project,
which I can't speak to in detail just yet
...I'm writing a book on Dwarf Fortress!
...but which offers a pretty cool opportunity for Dwarf Fortress players: I'm looking to get a half-dozen, maybe more, cool DF anecdotes illustrated by Tim Denee
, the guy behind the awesome Oilfurnace and Bronzemurder
DF comics. Yes! Your name could end up attached to some story artifying by Tim!
If you'd like a shot at having a DF story of yours illustrated you need to:
- Write a reply here telling Tim and I your awesome, funny, sad or silly anecdote from DF. I'm talking things like your fortress being terrified of a giant who, it turns out, is armed with a sock
, your fortress being destroyed by zombie mussels
, that sort of stuff.
- Tim and I will be the final arbiters on 'cool stories'. Tim will turn the ones we chose into one-page panels of art and text.
- You can tell me about stories that aren't yours, but I can only use them if I can get hold of the owner of the anecdote.
- Be prepared to receive a PM from me if chosen so I can grab your real (or not real) name for an acknowledgement line.
- Get your anecdote here in the next 4 to 6 weeks.
I'm happy to answer any questions or provide any clarification and in a month or so I'll be able to announce the project the art is part of more fully. Until then, I hope to read some awesome contributions soon!