Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Girly Zombie Science  (Read 21715 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Girly Zombie Science
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 08:37:40 pm »

In theory extremely easy to mod, yes?

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 08:48:42 pm »

In regards to water and muscles with zombies.
I had one dwarf drown to death, and months later I examine her and it still says she is very muscular, so zombies do have muscle, somehow.

@OP
Find out if vampires can reproduce. Then have a fortress with only vampires.
It's kind of weird to see "HIS RIGHT UPPER ARMS MUSCLE IS GONE HIS LEFT UPPER ARMS MUSCLE IS GONE ETC.X1000 He is very muscular."

I've got some water buffalo *hair* in my current fort that's listed as gigantic and very muscular.

so yeah.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 08:51:43 pm »

I've got some water buffalo *hair* in my current fort that's listed as gigantic and very muscular.

so yeah.

Beard muscles man.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 08:52:58 pm »

Vampires get the [STERILE] tag.  They can only reproduce by other dwarves drinking their blood and contracting vampirism.

Any way to mod the curse into being 'injected' through a bite that doesn't outright kill instead?
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2012, 09:26:00 pm »

Vampires get the [STERILE] tag.  They can only reproduce by other dwarves drinking their blood and contracting vampirism.

Any way to mod the curse into being 'injected' through a bite that doesn't outright kill instead?

Copy relevant sounding lines from interaction_werebeast in the example interactions?  I've heard of people getting bit and turning into a werebeast, so I know its possible.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 09:45:54 pm »

All-vampire forts have the "crumble" ending, which is connected to one of the vampire's tokens, likely [NOT_LIVING]. You need some living dwarves (perhaps as "cattle") for the fort to exist.

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
  • Either a Doomsday Device or an Ice Cream maker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012, 09:49:52 pm »

I want to know how well the undead die by magma. In the previous version undead that were in 7/7 pools of magma didn't die, they just sat there and burned. I think this was due to burns not causing death by carbonizing or incineration but by bleeding. My main concern is that a piece of zombified hair has no bloodstream to bleed out so when dipped in magma we'll suddenly have hundreds, if not thousands, of living, moving torches chasing dwarves down leaving trails of fire. I tried to weaponize it, but apparently some undead panic when caught on fire and will promptly run to the map edge.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 09:59:02 pm »

I want to know how well the undead die by magma. In the previous version undead that were in 7/7 pools of magma didn't die, they just sat there and burned. I think this was due to burns not causing death by carbonizing or incineration but by bleeding. My main concern is that a piece of zombified hair has no bloodstream to bleed out so when dipped in magma we'll suddenly have hundreds, if not thousands, of living, moving torches chasing dwarves down leaving trails of fire. I tried to weaponize it, but apparently some undead panic when caught on fire and will promptly run to the map edge.
Your concerns are valid, arena testing says that the undead scoff at magma.

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 11:39:00 pm »

Onward dwarven ¡¡SCIENCIA¡¡

Embarked on a three biome intersection, two of them haunted. All seemed calm, with a few chinchillas on the map. Enter a group of emu corpses, hanging out together.

I sent my troop of macedwarves (whom I'd forgotten to equip with armor) at them, for science. We took them down, lost two, while on haunted ground.

RESULTS: dwarves rise with no gear as zombies, so no worries about your woodcutter coming back with his axe.

RESULTS: Using Phoebus' graphics, I noticed that "Emu corpses" reanimated as "emu corpses". Notice the capitalization change. I can't figure out if this is meaningful yet. More ¡¡SCIENCIA¡¡ is needed. There was also some business with named Emu corpses having really long names involving corpse twice, that I'm going to have to figure out.

EDIT: It was haunted - all instances of sinister changed to reflect this.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:41:54 pm by nightwhips »
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2012, 09:10:19 pm »

I have a split biome with half sinister and half normal.

Corpse of zombies carried to a butcher shop away from the sinister biome are butchered normally, but generate no meat, just bones and hooves.

EDIT: Scratch that, looks like zombie alpaca generated quite a bit of meat despite being shot dead about 40 times.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:15:52 pm by nightwhips »
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

theLumberJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe that rock!
    • View Profile
    • Musings and Photos
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2012, 01:37:42 pm »

Can teeth be reanimated? Because in trials for the EBO butchering thing, I struck a wolf in the mouth hard and this scattered like 10 teeth all over the place. Haven't seen that before. In an evil area that might be some trouble...
Instead of every creature having about four teeth they now come in clusters so knocking them out sends them spraying everywhere. Even though there's a big concern about it you can't animate teeth.

Teeth can become thralls.  I'm on a map that is half evil and half not.  I get a mist that creates thralls on the evil side.  I have yet to observe the mist cross into the not evil portion of the map, except for the edges of it going onto a small number of tiles.
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2012, 01:42:13 pm »

Zombies are completely immune to heat. I've got an elf corpse that I only recently discovered at the bottom of my volcano.

Must have survived the fall and burned for a year.

theLumberJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe that rock!
    • View Profile
    • Musings and Photos
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2012, 01:54:30 pm »

I just had another mist cloud that spawned at the border between the two zones, only to nearly immediately dissolve into nothing.  This is the secon mist to spawn in that spot.  The first went deeper into the evil area.  Whilst the, as I said, didn't go anywhere ad proceeded to evaporate.  What I believe has happened is that it tried to leave the evil zone, and thus vanished.
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2012, 02:10:17 pm »

Remember this story if ever you should feel overconfident in your corpse disposal:

I was once attacked by a stack of reanimated horse hair which, when punched, became smaller piles. They hadn't reanimated again, but if they had, I'd imagine they would continue to do so until an army of individual hairs pushed my dwarves into oblivion.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2012, 02:14:25 pm »

Remember this story if ever you should feel overconfident in your corpse disposal:

I was once attacked by a stack of reanimated horse hair which, when punched, became smaller piles. They hadn't reanimated again, but if they had, I'd imagine they would continue to do so until an army of individual hairs pushed my dwarves into oblivion.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When viewed in a different light.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6