Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Girly Zombie Science  (Read 21717 times)

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
Re: Girly Zombie Science
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2012, 12:46:21 pm »

Pff.
Girls don't play Dwarf forteress.

As for science, attempt to determine exactly how many zombie minions you can get from a single Dwarf, because the only thing better than an army of dwarves is an army of dwarf body parts.

well, seeing as how a werebeast dwarf will regenerate upon retransfer, provided a reliable dismemberment method is found without killing the supplier, the number is potentially infinite.

now the challenge is finding a reliable method of generating the infinite zombie arms. for best results, perform the dismemberment in non evil biomes and dump them down a hole into the evil biome for reanimation
I was thinking more in term of products per single dwarf, making the most of a limited supply seems more fun.

my method only uses a single dwarf, never said it had to be a default supply. bonus points if raw edits so dwarfs can eat sentients and just have one werebeast chained over a spike trap given cutting weapons and permanently being dismembered and butchering the remains so one werebeast is used as the enitre food source for a fort while still alive
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2012, 12:48:56 pm »

my method only uses a single dwarf, never said it had to be a default supply. bonus points if raw edits so dwarfs can eat sentients and just have one werebeast chained over a spike trap given cutting weapons and permanently being dismembered and butchering the remains so one werebeast is used as the enitre food source for a fort while still alive
It's more likely that someone will have access to zombies than werewolves, I am interested in whether it's more efficient to hack up a corpse into arms and a torso or leave it whole.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:06:00 pm by Broseph Stalin »

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2012, 01:26:31 pm »

Werebeasts show up everywhere if you wait, while zombies are biome restricted unless you get necromancers.

Perhaps for recaging the zombies you could sprinkle kitten baited cagetraps around the map, with the ability to close them off with bridges to keep invaders from escaping zombie doom by caging themselves.  Then once the invaders have been shredded and gnawed on a bit, open up the kitten traps, and set dwarves to gather outside refuse into your trapped evil biome refuse pile.  Just be careful about setting dwarves to gather outside refuse if you have cavern access.  I had secured access to the caverns and was working on my zombie horde when I all of a sudden noticed a dwarf in the far corner of the caverns, retrieving some corpse, and getting attacked by serpent people, in the evil side of the caverns.  He was poisoned, died, came back, killed the serpent people, and led them into the fortress via the cavern pastures, zombifying most of my livestock  (another suggestion, pasture your animals in a non zombifying biome if at all possible).

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2012, 01:30:19 pm »

I have embarked upon three biomes.  It appears that two are zombie and one is regular evil.  All suffer evil rains of apparently the same type, but at different times.  I've embarked with two copper-covered swordsdwarves, who are doing well to deal with the mosquito woman corpses, frequently.  Currently setting up a farm and booze control, as the soldiers are getting pissy, and then will figure out where to stockpile the corpses safely.

Had both soldiers ripped apart by Giant Wren Corpses.  How do they grasp and wrestle anyways?  Nowhere in the raws does there appear to be a [GRASP] with their bodies...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:45:14 pm by Girlinhat »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]