Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode is ruined  (Read 1724 times)

Pie Q

• Bay Watcher
  • Peasent Adventurer, High Musicality
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode is ruined
« on: July 22, 2012, 10:56:40 am »

Adventure mode has become a bit boring for me. In an effort to spice things up, I decided to make the heaviest object possible. After collecting coffers for hours, I finally reached the astounding weight of 4000 urists. Giddy with excitement, I ran off into the woods to find an animal to wack.

Then disaster struck

My sumo sized coffer suddenly sized down to an only fatass sized coffer of 600 urist. Why toady? Why?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode is ruined
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 03:59:08 am »

...How? Was there a version update or something? Either way, nothing that can't be fixed by judicious application of multiple backbacks and other big containers filled with water.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pie Q

• Bay Watcher
  • Peasent Adventurer, High Musicality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 05:29:03 am »

I also found out through judicious application of my sword that you can get quests from bandits. Usually they'll ask you to kill their leader ( Overlords, ring leaders, and such) If you do kill them though, the aforementioned bandits just attack you

But really, would you expect a bandit to keep his word?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 05:22:23 pm »

I also found out through judicious application of my sword that you can get quests from bandits. Usually they'll ask you to kill their leader ( Overlords, ring leaders, and such) If you do kill them though, the aforementioned bandits just attack you

But really, would you expect a bandit to keep his word?

Despotism, man. The strongest rules. They're just trying to use the logic that if they kill the person who killed their leader, they're stronger and therefore a better commander.

Either that, or they just had a change of heart, and feel guilty about you attacking the person who provides them with food and drink and money and ADWARFLETSKILLITARGH!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.