Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: What do you think is the best weapon?  (Read 35721 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think is the best weapon?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 10:31:01 am »

I like whips and pic-axes myself. Sucks you can't take mining at start. For throwing I like sharp rocks, they are expendable, and if your knapping is good enough (And it is easy to grind) quite effective.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:27:41 am by Weirdsound »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2012, 09:03:12 pm »

In previous versions, with the pointlessness of amassing wealth and the abundance of fine weapons, eventually I'd be throwing around +<<+Iron Pick(s)+>>+ like balled-up pieces of paper. Gave nasty paper-cuts too.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 08:06:20 am »

Recently, I have started to like morningstars (I start adventures as maceman), simply because morning star, it addition to bashing, does quite a lot of organ and tissue tearing (due to spikes, I presume). Plus, I don't know how they are simulated in the game, but they should have a bonus to hit. Morning star IRL is a weapon that is both difficult to control and difficult to defend against.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 08:20:44 am »

Swords, nice and tactical. Spears, hammers, axes and anything else I can find for throwing. Just splendid!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2012, 09:36:13 am »

Halberds. Stabby stab cutters they are. Whips are good too, but that's assuming you only want to dent brains and avoid dismembering corpses for reanimation.

Also, any weapon that severs a limb when thrown.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2012, 09:50:03 am »

Dual-wielding scimitars. salami slice tactics at the beginning and vs. tougher opponents (severing arms, legs etc until its incapable of doing harm then stab for the head), with high skills headshot-stabs to one-hit pretty much everything. pretty nice vs. groups, since you can severe legs to thin out the lines and with every severed part there is one guy less running right after you. some problems vs necromancers due to the high chop-off chance, i tend to use kicking/punching vs. corpses...the collapse with one or two hits, even though my skills are not that high.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2012, 09:57:10 am »

First a question. How can A person get a Human gut?

slash a lowerbody until guts come out, then chop at the guts until they pop off
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2012, 11:32:40 am »

Swords all the way. They're hugely versatile, and besides every self-respecting medieval hero should have a sword.
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2012, 05:44:31 am »

spears, bolts, and arrows for throwing, axe for taking off trophies, and a pick for brutal murder.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2012, 07:05:55 am »

Picks.

Hugeposter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2012, 03:24:46 pm »

Whips are simply brutal, they usually destroy bones on any limb they hit rendering it useless, a head shot with a whip will kill even megabeasts in one hit.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2012, 03:28:45 pm »

Any decent hit to the head will kill any living thing in one hit
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2012, 02:19:58 am »

Mining picks are wonderful weapons. It also lets you devote points to something besides a weapon skill when making an adventurer.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2012, 04:19:14 am »

If possible, dual-wielding picks and morningstars, with occasional shield bashes. EhehehehEHEHEHEHEHEHEEEEEEE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2012, 12:32:55 pm »

I once had a very good experience with a masterwork adamantine giant axe blade, bisecting demons made of iron in one hit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9