Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 238865 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued
« on: February 16, 2012, 12:03:49 pm »

THE MAGNIFICENT TIMELORD: BOWIENAUTS OF FREEDOM

Earth! 1963. A very different place to the world we know today.

Between the three great powers of evil stand naught but tiny pockets of resistance, all of whom look up to the one remaining bastion of light and goodness: the Belgian States of America, and their fearless leader Monsieur Kennedy!

In his orbital space pod, the Magnificent Timelord Bowie stands towering before the four of you. He has braved many dangers, and risked disrupting the continuums of many Histories to bring you together! He has travelled through time and sped through space to form a fearsome band of the best the many different humanities have had to offer. He is dressed entirely in sequins!

It is your destiny to bring down the Unholy Triangle of Evil and free a world of pain so intense it is bleeding into different Histories, spreading despair on an interdimensional scale and breeding evil and angst throughout a hundred different galaxies.

It is your destiny to defeat ROBOSTALIN, dinoHITLER, and Chairman Miaow, the most awful genocidal dictators known across a million timelines!

It is your destiny… to SAVE FREEDOM!

Will you accept?

There will be four players and no “first come first served” system – I’ll give it twenty four hours (or more – I have a very busy next few days) and see which historical figures seem best. Seems fairer.

Character sheets:
Name: (must be a famous character from history – I’m flexible with that, mind)
Inventory: (you can bring one item with you)
Bio: (you can describe why David Bowie picked you to save FREEDOM if you want; you can also suggest what your character’s strengths might be: this might help me write up the character sheet and might help you add a personal touch otherwise lacking in a historical figure. It might also help me decide who to pick, but I’ll be trying to get a good party blend for better teamwork)

I’ll use the Modified Gatleos Western Standardised Wound System* until further notice, with a d6 vs d6 system for combat with the difference indicating the severity of the wound, and a randomised (if not player specified, which won’t always work anyway) area of the body hit. There’ll be a simple d6 rtd roll for everything else. Characters will get a power or strength and a weakness to start with, and will be able to level up after missions. You’ll get to pick from a choice of level ups.

Spoiler: *The Modified GWSWS (click to show/hide)

Note: Special powers, and particularly cooldowns, are subject to change (i.e. balancing) whilst we get going, and please bold your actions!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:33:02 am by lawastooshort »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Bowienauts of Freedom
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 12:04:28 pm »

Players:

Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)

The Replacements:

Aleister Crowley, The Wickedest Man in the World (Solifuge)
Leonidas, King of Sparta (monk12)
Nikola Tesla, Visionary Scientist (FuzzyZergling)
Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin, The Black Monk (empfan)
Erwin Schrödinger, Master of Cats (Tiruin)
Theodore Roosevelt, Heavyweight President (dermonster)
Simo Häyhä (Phantom of the Library)
Tba (Geen)
William Shatner (Spinal_Taper)
Otto I the Great (USEC_OFFICER)
Stephen Hawking (Chink)
Elvis Presley (Greenstarfanatic)
Tupac Shakur (TCM)
Spoiler: Storage (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:57:25 am by lawastooshort »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 12:06:03 pm »

Name: Paul McCartney
Inventory: Acoustic guitar
Bio: It was a rainy summer evening in 1963. Paul, Lennon and the rest of the group had just finished a performance of their hit single "A Hard Day's Night" at a local club when they were approached in a dark alley by ROBOT NAZI TROOPERS. The group fought furiously with their concert-hardened instruments, but Lennon told McCartney to "save himself" in between puffing smoke and kicking nazi-bot posterior. Since that fateful day, Paul McCartney had not seen the other Beatles.

Many days and a couple hit singles later, he received a note in his trash can telling him to meet an unspecified person at a specific place and specific time. Unknown to him, the note was a wibbly-wobbly timey wimey note, sent from both the future and the past. Paul made haste, expecting the secret return of the Beatles. Instead he found himself meeting up with none other than Timelord Bowie.
Strengths: Excellent love song writer.
Weaknesses: Mad hankerin' for some cannibis

I wanted to work his strengths into his bio but I got a little carried away with the "history" part of the bio.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:19:45 pm by freeformschooler »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 12:11:44 pm »

Yes.
Hell yes.
HELL FUCKING YES.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 12:13:27 pm »

Name: Theodore Roosevelt
Inventory: Fists. Fists and unending hatred of all things Unamerican.
Bio: Just read the entirety of this.

Why was he picked? Dude shrugged off a bullet in the middle of a speech like it ain't no thing. Also he was an American president. Got the national stuffed animal of choice named after him.

I'm not quite sure how you can find someone more qualified.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:18:19 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 12:30:07 pm »

Name: Nikola Tesla
Inventory: 1 TeslaTM Coil
Bio: Tesla, as the inventor of things such as the electrical generator, FM radio, remote control, robots, spark plugs, fluorescent lights, and of course the TeslaTM Coil, was hand-picked by David Bowie himself to save FREEDOM.
Because everyone knows that EVIL is vulnerable to lightning.

((I considered Kung-Fu Jesus, but Mad Scientist Tesla won out.))

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 12:38:55 pm »

Name: Leonidas of Sparta
Inventory: Bronze Shield
Bio: King of Sparta, Leonidas is famous for his last stand at Thermopylae, where through superior martial skill and situational tactics a tiny force off Spartans and allied Greeks held of many times their number in Persians. History says that Leonidas and the 300 Spartans were killed to the last man- but history is wrong. At the final moment, Leonidas was swept into the future by Timelord Bowie to fight a far greater threat to freedom and independence than the Persian Empire ever was...
Strengths: Natural Leader, Diehard
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:08:20 pm by monk12 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 01:00:23 pm »

Name:Archimedes of Syracuse
Inventory: a remarkably good aproximation of Pi
Bio: Archimedes, famous greek thinker, had managed to hold back the Romans for almost 2 years. Sadly, even gigantic sunrays of dead couldn't hold back the Romans, especially went it's cloudy. So the romans broke through, entering his house, ordered to take him captive. Timelord Bowie safed him, but he's still mad because he walked through the circles he was drawing on the floor.
Strengths: High master Mathemagician, awesome inventor.
Weaknesses: Absentminded
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 07:56:14 am by 10ebbor10 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 02:28:39 pm »

Name: Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier
Inventory: Bowie Knife
Bio: Davy Crockett is an outdoorsman extraordinaire, with skills in hunting, tracking, rifle, knife fighting, and a side order of political savvy.  Disgusted with politics following his defeat in 1834, he went back to his true love of the frontier and went to Texas with a band of able-bodied men.  He found himself at the Battle of the Alamo with his good friend (and namesake of his new leader) James Bowie, who presented him with his treasured knife.  During the final day of the battle, he personally killed 25 soldiers with 22 rifle shots.  After running out of ammo, he then slew thirty more with his knife, before being purportedly killed.  In truth, he was whisked away by David Bowie to be the scout for this expedition against a far deadlier foe than Santa Anna- the Unholy Triangle of Evil.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom - Signups open.
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 06:06:51 pm »

IN!

GAH!

Waitlist.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 06:27:18 pm »

If you read the op, you'll see that he chooses the players whose historical figures seem best. So you can still get in. 

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 06:51:00 pm »

Name: Steve Irwin
Inventory: Khaki Shorts (Can't go Croc Huntin' without yer Khaki Shorts, mate)
Bio: Steve Irwin is the famed Crocodile Hunter. Trained from a young age to handle reptiles and other wildlife, he quickly became famous through his TV show, The Crocodile Hunter. With Praise from even David Attenborough, he was famous worldwide, setting the stereotype for Australians... Crikey, Mate! In 2006, he was reportedly killed, by a Stingray barb to the chest. He didn't actually die from this, because David Bowie saved him to fight the Unholy Triangle of Evil... Why? Because he is possibly the only one capable... of wrestling dinoHITLER into submission!!
Strengths: Crocodile Hunter!
Weaknesses: Stingrays.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 09:14:51 pm »

Oooh, Davy Crockett's a good one. Wish I'd thought of it.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 10:00:56 pm »

Name: Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin of Russia, Rasputin for short (was known for being generally immortal)
Inventory: Philosopher's Stone
Bio: He was chosen in his last few days before the event that was supposed to kill him, he was picked up by an oddly dressed man. Once he heard what the future would hold for his communist grandkids, he had to take a stand against Robostalin and the rest. Standing next to his fellow comanions, he will use all his abilities to destroy them, and his trusty philosopher stone he managed to create.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 04:28:43 pm by empfan »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 10:08:42 pm »

There are too many awesome characters here. Timelord Bowie must employ them all!

But seriously, this could be highly entertaining. I am following the hell out of this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60